The Lone Gunmen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

Who else here is looking forward to the new spinoff of The X-Files?

——————

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited February 26, 2001).]

Anonymous

It certainly has a heap of promise but whether it flops or flies, we’ll know soon enough.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

It really looks funny. I have always enjoyed the antics of the Lone Gunmen. I guess it’ll be something new to watch for awhile until they start showing more new X-Files episodes.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

I just watched the pilot of Lone Gunmen and I think it’s off to a pretty groovy start(what’s up with Frohike and that chick?)…anyway, what’d ya’ll think?

DalekTek790
    Participant

It was good, but not great. While differentiating from the original series, The Lone Gunmen still managed to retain enough of the X-Files ethos to appeal to long-time fans, unlike previous spinoffs (Strange Luck, Millennium). It could have been better, though. It would’ve helped to have another major character from The X-Files to help ease the transition. Like, the informant could have been the Plain-Clothed Man or even Deep Throat (they brought him back, remember?). Or they could have had a fimiliar icon (such as Krycek) among the bad guys to add an extra layer of menace. And how come they didn’t do hardly anything with Langly in the pilot? He’s the head Lone Gunman.

——————

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Anonymous

I watched the series premiere last night, finally! I liked it. I think each of the Gunmen are colorful enough to make this series work and, of course, the writing should be excellent. If the sneak peek at the upcoming show is any indication, I think Langley will have his day in the sun or the trunk(?) next week. I would like to see the two shows intersect in the future.

——————
    There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling
    complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt. (Twain)

Anonymous

langly’s always been my favorite. byers got most of the spotlight in the pilot cuz of the whole thing with his dad, but the others will get their chance to shine…as for a crossover with x-files, why not? it worked for buffy and angel.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

The Lone Gunmen… Hm… I have’nt seen it yet I hope its good…well let me rephrase that, I hope I like it Usually I have the bad luck, all the shows that I like end up getting crappy reviews and end up being taken off the air. It’s the Curse of Curupira… I work on sunday nights when it comes on, I used to tape the X-files so I’ll tape a couple eps of The Lone Gunmen. See how it works Thanks for reminding me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.