The morphing villians

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

So, what do you make of that? I have my own theory that shapeshifting morphing thingie is sort of the Hellmouth itself, or its manifestation. If you go that way, everything makes complete and perfect sense.
    OK, Hellmouth is in the principal’s office, but Willow called Hellmouth “teeth of the earth” (coolest metaphor ever), so it lies sort of beneath, and what’s beneath principal’s office? Spike’s basement!
    When Buffy was with him, he said “it’s just the three of us”, meaning that the third one is the morthing entity. So he’s seen it before, possibly a lot. Maybe Hellmouth is right in his room or nearby. When Buffy came in, entity hid “in the wall”, as Spike said later. It’s not ready to be seen by Buffy, as Glory and Adam mentioned. It has a plan.
    Part of the plan was to get Buffy hang around the school a lot, hence the zombies sent to haunt Dawn in particular – hint to Buffy that school is unsafe for the little sis. Talisman was right where Buffy would surely find it, because she’s not suppose to loose Dawn (her link to the school) or die just yet. Also zombies tried to keep her away from their bosses’ room or maybe to give it time to tuck itself in the wall properly. That explains why Spike knew about zombies and talisman – entity has told him. Maybe it was a slip of entity’s tongue, and Spike just shared info with Buffy, more likely the entity told him to tell her because zombies did their job and entity was getting frustrated that she did not fugure out how to get rid of them yet (entity thought 4 year old could figure it!). Looks like the entity is trying to make Spike into it’s puppet, but he’s trying to resist. I choose to think that’s what’s making him all crazy, not just the soul business.
    Also if you see it this way the last sequence really shines. Its very clever.
    What do you think?

Anonymous

I think Willow’s mucking about last season has fractured the space-time and dimensional monster realms. Spike has me so confused. Is he still a vampire? He didn’t appear to be and when he told Buffy he tried to cut out his heart, I winced. I like the new look and my curiousity is all consuming to find out more about the monster in the wall.

Juliet3286230341
    Participant

Spike is still a vampire, and he still has that chip in his head. He now has a soul, and it’s a bit like Hannibal Lecter suddenly gaining a conscience. Remember, Spike was a nice (if pathetic) chap in life, given to writing bad poetry, before Dru bit him. So I’m sure he’s feeling a boatload of guilt over his actions over the years. No wonder he tried to cut out his soul (you’ll notice that the scars are where that demon touched him to return it).

Anonymous

I was under the impression that the Morphing Villains were just a figment of Spike’s imagination, like when Buffy kept seeing Angel at the start of Season 3. But I’ve only got these episode guides to go on, being from the UK. I don’t know where you to are from, so maybe you’ve actually seen the episodes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.