The Movie?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I have high hopes about the upcoming Red Dwarf movie, but does anyone know if it is an entireley new story, or does it continue from the last series? Movies that are directly linked to television episodes are always less sucsessful- they exclude non-fans. In my opinion,it would be much more interesting to see the crew in a completeley different story, with no references to old episodes.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Halley:
    I have high hopes about the upcoming Red Dwarf movie, but does anyone know if it is an entireley new story, or does it continue from the last series? Movies that are directly linked to television episodes are always less sucsessful- they exclude non-fans. In my opinion,it would be much more interesting to see the crew in a completeley different story, with no references to old episodes.

Corona has a great summary of rumours and info about the movie. It looks like the story is that the crew returns to the earth of 3 million years in the future.

Also there is an old rumour there that Jackie Chan has a cameo!

Also, there is this quote from a Doug Naylor interview:
    “It’s a complete story unto itself,” “The story begins before the series started, and then goes off in a direction that the series didn’t go off on. So it’s set up and then has it’s own story, complete in itself, whilst still being able to assemble the cast that we know and love.”

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: bugblatterbeast ]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.