The Mummy Returns – will it be cheesy?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff The Mummy Returns – will it be cheesy?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

I kinda wonder about this film. I liked the first one, but it was filled with cheesy lines from Brendan Fraser. I think that the new flick will have great special fx, but I wonder what the storyline will be. I know that Imotep is going to be in it. And, from the commercials, it looks like Rick and Evie have a kid. I think that The Rock will be one of the good things about it (I just think that he’s sexy). Will it be better than the first? It looks like it will, but what does everyone else think?

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

DalekTek790
    Participant

The first one was so great I doubt it could be.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Well, it looks pretty neat, especially the fx. The plot seems to be a bit more complex than in the last one. I hope it turns good. I just have to see it if only because Brendan Fraser looked so damn good in the last one. . .um. . . I mean acted.

——————
    “History makes men, MacLeod, men don’t make history.” -Methos(Highlander)

Anonymous

Of course it’ll be cheesy. It has to do everything in the previous movie, and then some.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

Definitely cheesy. But, then again, I didn’t really like the first movie. Sorry (c:

Besides, cheesy doesn’t always mean bad!

The Mummy Returns – will it be cheesy?

Actually, when you look at it, that’s a pretty funny subject line…cheesy mummies…hehe!

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

[This message has been edited by littlestar (edited April 30, 2001).]

Anonymous

Cheese brings joy to the world. Everyone should like cheese even when it is a description of a movie.

——————
    “History makes men, MacLeod, men don’t make history.” -Methos(Highlander)

Anonymous

Cheesy? Honey, I think it would be extremely gouda as long as this beautiful man is back guarding the tomb! Man was so fine I forgot what the movie was about! I just received the ultimate DVD in the mail so I have a free ticket to the Mummy Returns! So, now I have to hope the beautiful Oded Fehr doesn’t get eaten by scarabs or mummies or sand critters (oh, yeh, and Brendan, too).

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited May 01, 2001).]

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    Cheesy? Honey, I think it would be extremely gouda as long as this beautiful man is back guarding the tomb! Man was so fine I forgot what the movie was about! I just received the ultimate DVD in the mail so I have a free ticket to the Mummy Returns! So, now I have to hope the beautiful Oded Fehr doesn’t get eaten by scarabs or mummies or sand critters (oh, yeh, and Brendan, too).

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited May 01, 2001).]

Oh, I thought that the guy who played the mummy and Oded were just beautiful too! If only I could have hair as silky and pretty as Oded’s . I like that John Hannah will be back too. I’ve always loved his movies. I think that it’s funny that he’s in another big budget movie since he said that he’d never do them.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

quote:

Cheesy? Honey, I think it would be extremely gouda as long as this beautiful man is back guarding the tomb! Man was so fine I forgot what the movie was about!

That pic doesn’t do him justice though.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

I’m sooooooooo happy that Oded Fehr is in the sequel!! I loved him in the first one!
    I mean, really, Fraser’s cute and all that, but Oded had the whole Tall Dark and Handsome Mysterious Guy with a Sexy Accent thing going on!

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

I went to see The Mummy Returns with my friends last night…I won’t spoil the plot but it was _great_! Can we make a new category in the Academy Awards for Film with the Greatest Number of Sexy Guys in it?
    (Warning: dangerously high estrogen levels detected!!)

——————

crusader
    Participant

Nah! But most Sexy girls aword would be nice!!!

Hi guys and girls!
    Sorry Iv bein away fore a wile! My PC bein acting weird! Its working now but I dont know fore how long! Il try to be her as ofen as I can!

Anyway! I to hope the movie´l be good! Frankly Im looking forwerd to it! I loved the first one! (Soe did my parents! And they are picky!)
    It was someways like a Indiana Jones movie (Witch I loved) and some great humer!!!
    I wouldent mind a 3:d movie! Just as long as the series dosent get on a bad track like the Jaws movies!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Nah! But most Sexy girls aword would be nice!!!

Even if they are dead, a few sexy girls would be nice.

——————

Anonymous

Argh! I still haven’t seen it! (hiya, Crusader, good to see with us, again! ) Oh, yeh, we’ll always have beautiful girls, that’s a given, considering our male-oriented film industry. But, when the Odeds of the world come along, we have to snag ’em while we can!

Anonymous

quote:

Argh! I still haven’t seen it! (hiya, Crusader, good to see with us, again! ) Oh, yeh, we’ll always have beautiful girls, that’s a given, considering our male-oriented film industry. But, when the Odeds of the world come along, we have to snag ’em while we can!

Oded is definately a doll, BC. Did anyone else happen to catch the Mummy special on TDC the other night? They had the guy that played Imotep (drawing a blank on his actual name. Not been awake very long) doing little snippets between segments and the Rock was on, too. Don’t remember if Oded was on, but I think he was. It was on about a week or two ago. Very cool. They’ll probably replay it again, for anyone interested in actual mummies and such. I think I’d die without TDC, TLC, Bravo, and PBS…

Anonymous

Didn’t see the show you mentioned, but I caught a special about the movie on E.
    And the guy who played Imhotep is Arnold Vosloo(I _think_ I spelled that right) and Oded is simply one of the most gorgeous men I have ever seen!!! Must find websites…with pictures…must oogle at cute Egyptian men…

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:
    Didn’t see the show you mentioned, but I caught a special about the movie on E.
    And the guy who played Imhotep is Arnold Vosloo(I _think_ I spelled that right) and Oded is simply one of the most gorgeous men I have ever seen!!! Must find websites…with pictures…must oogle at cute Egyptian men…

Websites you say? How about the Appreciation site? Or, the Oded Fehr SiteRing? Yeh, I like looking at that mug, too, girlfriend!

DalekTek790
    Participant

I love Egyptian mythology, and that’s part of the reason I liked The Mummy so much. This one is supposed to have Anubis (my favorite Egyptian god!) and Selkhet.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Hey Cheesey film or not, maybe it will be set on the moon. Wallace & Grommit can sort out any problems, but should we care the cornier the better!!!

——————
    Follow the Slime

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.