The Next Season of SG-1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

This is sorta old news, but here it goes anyway.

US SciFi will be picking up the the fifth season of SG-1. They bought it off from the Showtime channel, which gave us other favorites such as The Outer Limits and Tales From a Parrallel Universe better know as the Lexx movies.
    Scifi says that they plan on showing in their Fall ’02 schedule. If your like me, and have missed a few episodes or just want to watch them from the start, scifi plans to show them all from the beggining starting in either January or March of next year, as a way of priming people for the new season. No time slots have been annonced yet.

Unfortunatly the character who plays Dr. Daniel Jackson won’t be returning for another season. No reasons were given. Nor has any rumors of how they’ll replace him and write him out of the show. The rest of the cast plans of returning for another season.

It has been hypothesized that if SG-1 does well on scifi, as it has on Showtime and in syndication, it will be renewed for yet another season, but that second season may also be its last.

Anonymous

i don’t have Showtime. but i have been able to see SG-1 in reruns on my fox channel. i think we are into the third season though i am not sure. the last ep that i saw was “The Other Side” with Rene Abdujonis (spelling!)
    sorry to hear about Shanks i really liked his portrayal of Daniel Jackson, but it is really great news about scifi showing the reruns! i assume it will be at least mon. thru thur. like they are showing B5 and Farscape.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:
    i don’t have Showtime. but i have been able to see SG-1 in reruns on my fox channel. i think we are into the third season though i am not sure. the last ep that i saw was “The Other Side” with Rene Abdujonis (spelling!)
    sorry to hear about Shanks i really liked his portrayal of Daniel Jackson, but it is really great news about scifi showing the reruns! i assume it will be at least mon. thru thur. like they are showing B5 and Farscape.

I’m also confused what season we’re in too. I think were on season 4 and Showtime is in s5. Or maybe showtime just started s5 a few months early. I’m confused!

SG-1 may be in syndication, but I swear only Fox affiliates pick it up. No matter what city I visit, its always on Fox.

I don’t know when they’ll be showing it, your right it will probably be mon-thur, but I hope it doesn’t take b5’s spot. It may go there and B5 will move to 10pm, or SG-1 may just goto 10pm. I doubt they’ll bump B5 with a potential Rangers series coming out. But to be honest I’d like to see Lexx in the 10pm or 11pm slot. “Who watches Star Trek or John Edwards anyway?

Finally I really like The Other Side. Rene is just a great actor. While this episode may have just been a “filler” ep it is one of the episode type in SG-1 that I like best.

Anonymous

yep i agree it is time for Lexx reruns

Anonymous

Its time for more anything reruns. Earth2 most of all.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:
    Its time for more anything reruns. Earth2 most of all.

I belive Earth 2 is shown Sunday mornings. Or at least it was last semester. If not its shown frequently in SciFi World.

[ 26-11-2001: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Anonymous

Not in Australia it doesn’t.
    In Australia, scifi is almost non-existent except for some of the newer prime-time series eg: Stargate SG-1, Dark Angel. Farscape has had some success (it is shot in Sydney after all) but officially some states, including mine, haven’t even started season 2. There aren’t any scifi themed channels cable or otherwise. Of Lexx I only remember the movies being shown, none of the shorter episodes. ST S9 has another season to go and Voyager has another 2-3 seasons (Doesn’t look like were getting Enterprise anytime before 2003).
    So yeah, I don’t think I’ll see too many reruns of Earth2.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the last time I saw Earth2 (in the UK) was on Sky 2, which doesn’t even exist anymore.

Headgehog
    Participant

Scifi announced originally that it would show reruns in the first 5 seasons starting in the first quarter of 2002. Instead it will have a weekday strip in the fourth quarter of the same year. (Fall ’02)

Anonymous

cool!!!! i can’t wait!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.