The perfect baby name!!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

AT LAST! Some genius has recognised the importance of names in society. Finally there is a website that has a database 523,000 names that you can call your baby.

The best one is, of course…. Sadgeezer

I jest you not! Checkout: http://www.kabalarians.com/gkh/your.htm#links

and see their pretty acurate description of the sadgeezer personality

Your first name of Sadgeezer has given you a clever, deep mind and the talent to excel in highly inspirational lines of endeavour as a dramatist, musician, writer, or artist.

… Mr SadGeezer Jones …

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

That’s…interesting. I can’t figure out if Kabalarian means Qabbalist. I’ve spent a lot of time studying the etymologies of names. I’ve traced 100 first names through 8 languages.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

I want to have four sons and name them all after archangels–Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, and Uriel, but I’m afraid that if I do, everyone but Michael will get beaten up in school!!

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Michael (Mikha’El)=”Who is like God?”
    Gabriel (Gabhri’El)=”Devoted to God”
    Raphael (Repha’El)=”Healing of God”
    Uriel (Uri’El)=”Light of God”

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

By definition, there is only one Archangel.
    His name is Michael.

Anonymous

Sadgeezer? Hmmmmm, well, it does have a certain ring to it…

(adds “Sadgeezer” to her list of future children’s names)

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    His name is Michael.

And it’s been the most popular male name (at least in the States) for twenty years.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    His name is Michael.

It depends on your source, actually. The Bible lists three–Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael. Other religions(angels are not strictly Christian) list as many as seven, that’s where I got Uriel from. Michael does seem to be the most popular, though.
    (Yes, I am obsessed with angels. I can go on about this topic for hours on end, but I don’t think anyone here wants that…:P

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

I may be wrong, but aren’t Uriel and Azazel Archangels in the Apocrypha?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I may be wrong, but aren’t Uriel and Azazel Archangels in the Apocrypha?

Not sure…I know Azazel is a fallen angel but I can’t remember what literature he’s in. I’ve read a story about Uriel helping Solomon build the temple of Jerusalem…that might have been from the Apocrypha.

——————

Christine Carroll
    Participant

How about the name Ezrael? It’s the name of an angel. I found it in the book “Angels on Fire” by Nancy A. Collins. If your interested catalina. I thought it was a good name so I thought I’d toss it out! Anyway See ya all later!!

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Bible lists three–Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael.

To my knowledge the only two angels named in the Bible are Gabriel and Michael, and contrary to popular belief, Gabriel is never referred to as an Archangel, but Michael is.

quote:

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”
    Jude 1:9

quote:

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
    1Thess 4:16

quote:

Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him… The angel answered, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God… God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth…
    Luke 1

Finally, One of my favourites:

quote:

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
    2 He called a little child and had him stand among them.
    3 And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
    5 “And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.
    6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
    7 “Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!
    8 If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.
    9 And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.
    10 “See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.
    Matthew 18:1-10

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?search=angel

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited May 12, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Apocryphal Angels:

Enoch-Azazel, Raguel, Sariel, Jerahmeel

Zohar-Hanael, Kafziel, Azrael, Aniel

Tobit-Raphael

Esdras-Uriel

I finally looked it up. Some of those books also mention Michael and Gabriel. Enoch refers to the Devil as the rebel Angel Sataniel. Azazel is also generally considered to be fallen, and is mentioned in Leviticus. The “el” at the end of all of these names comes from “El,” a Hebrew word for “God.” There could be more I’m missing, and I didn’t even try to list the Moslem Angels.

——————

Anonymous

Raphael figures very prominently in the book of Tobit. At the end when he reveals his identity he says “I am Raphael, on of the seven archangels who stand before the glory of the Lord.” So there’s at least seven but some aren’t named.

Anonymous

“6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
    7 “Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!”
    (Cool, Cat, one of my fav quotes also! )

Meanwhile, BlackCloud is NOT in that tsedrait database! They have SadGeezer but not BlackCloud? Go figure!

Anonymous

My last post was a bit rushed but I wanted to mention a good website for this sort of thing. It’s called Sarah’s Archangel’s, and it has an alphabetical list of all the angels mentioned in the Bible, the Apocryha, and I think there’s got to be some from other religious texts cuz there’s a lot. Very cool and informative. I learned almost everything I know about angels from there.

——————

Anonymous

forgot to put in the adress. It’s sarahsarchangels.com

——————

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.