"The Prince" update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    grimepoch
    Participant

As you all know I am in the process of putting together a prince outfit for the Con. I have spent hundreds of hours combing the net finding each and every piece for this outfit. I figured I’d let you know how it was coming along. After the Con I will post where I found each piece in case others are interested.

(1) For the trench I found a “Frock Coat” pattern and a good friend of mine is sewing it for me. We found upolstery fabric that really matches the good images I’ve seen. We lengthened the bottom down to my ankles. I tried to find a premade trench but no luck. I’ve looked at thousands of trench coats/frock coats/dusters/etc. I am going to make the wing at the very end.

(2) the shirt is really simple. We just decided to make it from scratch using a large size female pattern. It’s half done and looking pretty good. I used a bit different fabric I think but that was to give it a little more of a rough look. I don’t have access to an airbrush so I will be dry brushing everything.

(3) The boots were the most work of all. I have searched for DAYS and finally found a pair that have the right heal, toe, and cut pattern. They are a little expensive, but totally modifyable. These will be a good find to anyone trying to make the outfit. I used ebay for spare leather and studs. Also need to buy snaps and polish. Hehe, I think the boots by themselves look hideous (I’m talking about the originals) but they look good with the outfit.

(4) Pants I haven’t started because they are just so easy its not even funny.

(5) The original designer of the outfits offered to make me a replica of the belt he wore for $500. I had to decline, too expensive, but if anyone else wants one let me know. I have a plan for how I am going to make that part.

(6) Still need to get parts for water bottle, wing and necklace. Also have to get a tan (or red), lip ring and bleach my eyebrows. Hair is done already as a test ๐Ÿ˜‰

(7) I have goggles that are pretty damn close. Only thing is the lens and I am working on that now.

I also signed up for the Lexx events, like the mixers. Hopefully I can get some pictures with the cast after all this work. I am going for as close as I can here.

Look forward to seeing you call.

Jhevz
    Participant

grimepoch,
    It sounds like your putting together & very nice Prince costume; I’ll definitely have to take a picture of you in it while we’re there.
    I’ve been putting together a Jhevz costume, that may closely resemble Zev’s; I’ll be wearing a long-sleeved white sweater, a black/orange/olive green/gold mini skirt, blue bikini bottom (which I just bought today) & hi-top shoes, with flowers on the toe. I’ve also been putting together a Stephalee costume that kinda resembles Stan’s; I’ll bee wearing a black t-shirt, underneath a peach top/jacket, same black shoes I’ll be wearing when I’m Jhevz, red pants & an orange hat, with 4.5 on it. I’ll be wearing almost the same outfit going into the Masquerade, except the top; that, I’ll be wearing the long-sleeved top my Grandmamma Vaughn wore.
    Congrats again on your outfit & I’ll see you next month. 8) ๐Ÿ™‚

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll be going as The Invisible Man, so don’t expect to see me there. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

You have the best reason in the world not to be there! You will be with us in spirit, that’s what counts!
    When’s the due date…Daddy? ๐Ÿ˜€

Grimepoch, costume sounds great! It also sounds like you’ve been to D.C. before. You do know about the parade and the Masquarade? HDS is organizing all the LEXX costumed people together for those events, if you’re interested. And BTW- he’s a great guy, (unless you dis his stuff ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) he just got you confused with someone who was on the arrogant side…actually I was a little confused by it all, too! Just a strange coincidence.No hard feelings!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”Trini_T” wrote:

Logan wrote:

You have the best reason in the world not to be there! You will be with us in spirit, that’s what counts!
    When’s the due date…Daddy? :D[/quote]

Hi Trini,

I’ll be there but as wholly ghost,
    When you drink your spirits,
    Please make a toast.

We’re getting ready for the final push. The projectile, ah I mean projected date is August 2nd. I’ll be sure to share some pics of The Little Prince as The Little Prisoner, 1/2 a Prisoner anyway (many thanks Pet! :D), once it’s emerged. ๐Ÿ™‚

grimepoch
    Participant
    ”Trini_T” wrote:

Grimepoch, costume sounds great! It also sounds like you’ve been to D.C. before. You do know about the parade and the Masquarade? HDS is organizing all the LEXX costumed people together for those events, if you’re interested. And BTW- he’s a great guy, (unless you dis his stuff ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) he just got you confused with someone who was on the arrogant side…actually I was a little confused by it all, too! Just a strange coincidence.No hard feelings!

Never been before, this will be my first time! Although one of the people I am going with has been there MANY times, she’s on one of the panels. She is directing a video for one of my songs and she is going to talk about it at the panel. My band (which includes just me) is enc0der, you can hear some of the stuff at http://homepage.mac.com/grimepoch

I definately want to meet HDS, I really thought his work was great! Depending on if he likes my prince costume when it’s done, I’d love to be involved with some of the stuff ๐Ÿ™‚ I am not sure of my entire schedule as I’d like to see lots of people, but, I am certainly down with supporting lexx! ๐Ÿ™‚ (Plus, I am so hoping to get a picture of me next to Xenia just to make all my friends jealous ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

grimepoch
    Participant

Recent Progress:

ilyekkakai
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฏ Ooooh is that pic on the left you? Grimepoch?……yess is looking good ….very close to Prince ;P ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

it’s FiFi! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cool, beans Just let me know if you need any more tips. It will be nice to have a Prince around that I can play chess with.

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜ฏ WOW! Looks great! Can’t wait to see the rest of it!
    Can you finish it in…36 days? It’s almost here!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.