The Prisoner and The Beatles

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series The Prisoner The Prisoner and The Beatles

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

As everyone knows by now the Beatles song “All You Need Is Love” was featured in the very last episode “Fall Out.” It’s generally believed Patrick McGoohan used that song as a bit of irony, since it plays during a very brutal shoot-out. Or maybe, Mr McGoohan was just a big Beatles fan and wanted to find a way to fit their music into his show….

Well, I know for a fact it was the other way around: The Beatles were BIG fans of The Prisoner and wrote songs just for the show, hoping Mr McGoohan would use them. As proof I’ve dug through obscure archives to find the following Beatles Prisoner songs:

A Day In The Life

Do You Want to Know My Secret?

Get Back (to The Village)

When I’m Number 4

I Escape With A Little Help From My Friends

For No. One

Number 9, Number 9, Number 9…..
    (sorry, I got stuck there)
    ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wonder if anyone else has found songs written for The Prisoner that have been (thankfully) hidden away???? ๐Ÿ˜›

MM

nursewhen
    Participant

Nowhere man.
    Help!

Jhevz
    Participant

MicroMary,
    I haven’t ever thought about that before; 8) & thanks for the info. This is 1 show I miss because of it’s uniqueness.

Prisoner Fan to Prisoner Fan,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maxwell’s Silver Hammer Into Anvil
    Here Comes Number 1 (doo doo doo doo)
    And an actual song recorded by the Beatles called You Know My Name (Look up the Number)

Revolution No. 1: Don’t you know it’s gonna be all right?:

PRESIDENT~LENNON: We have just witnessed the two forms of revolt. The first, uncoordinated youth rebelling against nothing it can define. The second, an established, successful, secure member of the Establishment turning upon and biting the hand that feeds him. Well, you know, we all want to change the world.

And who could ever forget this best forgotten classic?

Let it…Be Seeing You! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Logan

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜ฏ Oh my GOD, Logan!!!! We must be sharing a brain!!! When my muse started slapping me around while I was pondering the cosmic mystery of using “All You Need Is Love” during “Fall Out” the 2 songs that kept running thru my head were “You Know My Name” and Revolution No. 9. (Do you know how frightening it is to hear “no. 9” over and over and over again in your head??)

๐Ÿ˜ก GRRRRRR!!
    How could I have missed “Penny Farthing Lane”!!! I think I need to find a BETTER obscure Beatles archive…..

MM

Anonymous
    Inactive

If we are sharing a brain then no doubt I got the micro side. ๐Ÿ˜† *just a really little joke at my expense* ๐Ÿ˜‰

During ‘Fall Out’ the two songs that run though my head the most are Revolution 1 AND Revolution 9. When ever I hear the President’s speech and he’s talking about revolt I always add that Revolution 1 bit “Well, you know, we all want to change the world”.

Revolution by The Beatles

You say you want a revolution
    Well you know
    We all want to change the world
    You tell me that it’s evolution
    Well you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don’t you know you can count me out

Don’t you know it’s gonna be, alright…

”Micromary” wrote:

How could I have missed “Penny Farthing Lane”!!! I think I need to find a BETTER obscure Beatles archive…..

Oh, I don’t know, I think it’s one of those obscure Beatles songs really best forgotten. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

Let it Be seeing you!
    -Logan

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

If we are sharing a brain then no doubt I got the micro side. ๐Ÿ˜† *just a really little joke at my expense* ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh, I don’t know, I think it’s one of those obscure Beatles songs really best forgotten. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

Let it Be seeing you!
    -Logan

I don’t know about that. I’m having too much fun with this thread to let go just yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And you know what they say: It’s not the SIZE that matters, it’s how you USE it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

MM
    (who wishes she could micro size her waistline)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”Micromary” wrote:

I’m having too much fun with this thread to let go just yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yet another reference to the Prisoner by a well-known band: Let’s go (To the Village) by The Kars. ๐Ÿ˜€

”MicroMary” wrote:

And you know what they say: It’s not the SIZE that matters, it’s how you USE it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

That’s what my little butler’s always telling me. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don’t know, how effective would a party balloon sized Rover be?

*please excuse the Lexx reference from Lafftrak: Kai “I remember having a fondness for balloons” (as a child)*

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.