The Prisoner is Number 6!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Tally Ho fellow inmates,

I know that I shared this list I mysteriously encountered yesterday with some of you before, but…

In this one particular curiously somewhat atypical, or perhaps strangely typical, list of the top 100 sci-fi shows (CLICK!), The Prisoner is most appropriately ranked Number 6; too appropriately perhaps. ๐Ÿ˜• Is it serendipity, a strange coincidence, a peciliar twist of fate, a freaky accident, a deux ex machina, dumb luck, a joke, a set-up, a conspiracy, of no consequence whatsoever, none of the above, or all of the above? I would go with the joke theory, especially condidering that the way they’ve ranked many shows seems like the work of someone with a very twisted sense of humour ;), but… Considering that Babylon 5 is at 3 (rather than the prankishly obvious 5), Blake’s 7 is at 16…, Deep Space 9 is at 8… etc., I’m inclined to go with The Village conspiracy hypothesis. But I’m sure there are other possible explanations, but none more plausible that I can think of.

Be seeing you,
    ~The new Number 5 ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

Tally Ho fellow inmates,

I know that I shared this list I mysteriously encountered yesterday with some of you before, but…

In this one particular curiously somewhat atypical, or perhaps strangely typical, list of the top 100 sci-fi shows (CLICK!), The Prisoner is most appropriately ranked Number 6; too appropriately perhaps. ๐Ÿ˜• Is it serendipity, a strange coincidence, a peciliar twist of fate, a freaky accident, a deux ex machina, dumb luck, a joke, a set-up, a conspiracy, of no consequence whatsoever, none of the above, or all of the above? I would go with the joke theory, especially condidering that the way they’ve ranked many shows seems like the work of someone with a very twisted sense of humour ;), but… Considering that Babylon 5 is at 3 (rather than the prankishly obvious 5), Blake’s 7 is at 16…, Deep Space 9 is at 8… etc., I’m inclined to go with The Village conspiracy hypothesis. But I’m sure there are other possible explanations, but none more plausible that I can think of.

Be seeing you,
    ~The new Number 5 ๐Ÿ˜€

Actually, I think it’s the Village conspiracy HYPNOSIS. We’ve all been given post-hypnotic suggestions to find Village conspiracies (or X-Files) EVERYWHERE! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Besides, Logan#5, you failed to realize that Blake’s 7 couldn’t possibly be ranked #7 when the proper show to occupy that space *IS* Dr. Who. After all, there were really only 7 Doctors. Paul McGann’s #8 was a MOVIE DOCTOR and I understand some say he shouldn’t count… or was it that he couldn’t count…… Anyway, he counted with ME! ๐Ÿ˜€

Now, if that hole where the rain gets in an keeps my mind from wandering hadn’t shorted out my calculator, I could discover the underlying mathmatical pattern that would explain the exact ranking of these shows and dispel all belief in the Village conspiracy…..

Ummm, I hear the chimes of Big Ben telling me to stop babbling and go to bed and get some sleep. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Number 9
    Number 9
    Numbe……zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”MicroMary” wrote:

Actually, I think it’s the Village conspiracy HYPNOSIS. We’ve all been given post-hypnotic suggestions to find Village conspiracies (or X-Files) EVERYWHERE! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ LOL You’re right! ๐Ÿ™‚ They’ve covertly hypnotised us, drugged us, and even anally probed us (not sure what the point of that was) to suit that very sinister agenda. Must remind myself; there is no conspiracy, they only want me to believe that there is. There is no conspiracy, no need for paranoia. When they come in the night with the drugging, the poking and the prodding I’ll keep that in mind. ๐Ÿ˜€

”MicroMary” wrote:

Besides, Logan#5, you failed to realize that Blake’s 7 couldn’t possibly be ranked #7 when the proper show to occupy that space *IS* Dr. Who. After all, there were really only 7 Doctors. Paul McGann’s #8 was a MOVIE DOCTOR and I understand some say he shouldn’t count… or was it that he couldn’t count…… Anyway, he counted with ME! ๐Ÿ˜€

And what about the one who some call the 9th Doctor? CLICK HERE! ((Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death)

”MicroMary” wrote:

Now, if that hole where the rain gets in an keeps my mind from wandering hadn’t shorted out my calculator, I could discover the underlying mathematical pattern that would explain the exact ranking of these shows and dispel all belief in the Village conspiracy…..

MicroMary#9… too bad No. 6 isn’t around because, as he once said, “I am very good at Mathematics.” I’ll ask The General, it may not be great at letters, such as w, h, and y, but it’s great with numbers; could calculate Number 9, number 9 to a million decimal places. Anyway, my real conviction is that the rankings, The Prisoner aside, is best explained with the chaos theory. Now where’s Captain Chaos when you need him?

-Logan No. 5

pet
    Participant

Ah! Methinks this should have been a poll…

Vote! Vote! Vote!
    Six! Six! Six!

No. 83 ;D

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

And what about the one who some call the 9th Doctor? CLICK HERE! ((Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death)

-Logan No. 5

*Micro checks out the link*

Mr Bean as The Doctor?!?! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

The Master with…ermm, etheric beam locators ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

*THUD*
    *Micro passes out again*

(I think I’ll have to carpet my computer room with a mattress if this keeps up!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Me also thinks this should have been a poll.

“The word… is ‘freedom’. They say ‘six of one and half a dozen of the other’… not here. It’s ‘six for two and two for nothing’ and six for free… for all… for free for all! Vote! Vote!” (No. 6)

Micro, here’s a very well done Dr. Who/Prisoner crossover fic (CLICK). Nice job with the animation too — fool around with your mouse at the site (I’m always fooling around with my mouse and other furry rodents ๐Ÿ˜‰ — love to watch them on that spinning wheel). Oh, and turn on your speakers.

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

Micro, here’s a very well done Dr. Who/Prisoner crossover fic (CLICK). Nice job with the animation too — fool around with your mouse at the site (I’m always fooling around with my mouse and other furry rodents ๐Ÿ˜‰ — love to watch them on that spinning wheel). Oh, and turn on your speakers.

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

HELP!!!! Rover kept following me while I tried to read this fic! Every where my cursor went, the balloon was sure to go. It followed me to… er, wait wrong rhyme…..

MM
    (I feel like I’m lost in the Twilight Zone)
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.