The Purple Bitch

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I just watched Fear & Loathing in the Milky Way and was completely appalled at the purple cow Trance Gemini!

After all the affection and protection that the little but loyal weed Harper could bestow on the purple girlie with a tail, she actually threatened to kill him for wanting to shoot vermin?! (Gerentex)

The ratfaced Gerentex actually killed Trance previously, and yet, she wanted to shoot Harper if unless he agreed not to kill the person who’d been happy to murder them both all episode.

Worse still! Harper still wants to be friends with the dissloyal bitch!

With friends like that, who needs Nietzscheans!

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited August 27, 2001).]

Anonymous

Hi there

Yep, just saw that too. Although I think Trance just looked into the future and saw that this was the only way to get Gerentex and Harper to stop trying to kill each other. Being nice wasn’t going to work: she had to relate to them on their own level.

Anonymous

Hi there

Yep, just saw that too. Although I think Trance just looked into the future and saw that this was the only way to get Gerentex and Harper to stop trying to kill each other. Being nice wasn’t going to work: she had to relate to them on their own level.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I just watched Fear & Loathing in the Milky Way and was completely appalled at the purple cow Trance Gemini!

After all the affection and protection that the little but loyal weed Harper could bestow on the purple girlie with a tail, she actually threatened to kill him for wanting to shoot vermin?! (Gerentex)

The ratfaced Gerentex actually killed Trance previously, and yet, she wanted to shoot Harper if unless he agreed not to kill the person who’d been happy to murder them both all episode.

[/B]

Think of it this way, Sad Geezer. We’ve seen that Trance can see possible futures. And what she was witnessing was an already unstable Harper beginning to walk down a very, very dark path. So for his own good and the good of the universe (someone with Harper’s talents on the side of evil is a terrifying prospect), she gave him a little wakeup call in the form of a loaded gun to the head.

Tough love, baby.

Zack

Anonymous

quote:

[/B]

Think of it this way, Sad Geezer. We’ve seen that Trance can see possible futures. And what she was witnessing was an already unstable Harper beginning to walk down a very, very dark path. So for his own good and the good of the universe (someone with Harper’s talents on the side of evil is a terrifying prospect), she gave him a little wakeup call in the form of a loaded gun to the head.

Tough love, baby.

Zack

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Zack Stentz:

Tough love, baby.

Zack

WOW Zack! Nice to see ya dude. We don’t get many of the big people to the board… it’s a great honour.

And Hiya Maryavatar – nice name and I don’t think we’ve met before, welcome….

Yer both talking complete bollocks though. I mean, I understand what your saying… downward spiral and her putting a stop to him doing something he would later regret etc… but I just can’t help think that she could have shown more sympathy… maybe it’s just that I’m not a big exponent of tough love.

At the end of the day, Trance treated someone who cared about her in the same way (if not worse) that a ratfaced dude who’d once killed her! And this didn’t detract one little bit from my enjoyment of the show.

I still think she’s still got a nice tail… I just wouldn’t want to be friends with her.

PS. Zack: I’m catching up with the reviews this weekend (I was a bit delayed with the forced installation of the new SadBOARD software)

PPS. For those of you who don’t know, Zack Stenz is a very cool geezer indeed. He’s a ‘staff writer’ for the Andromeda series (episodes 1.04 “D Minus Zero”, 1.08 “Banks Of The Lethe, The”, 1.18 “Devil Take The Hindmost”, 1.19 “Fear & Loathing In The Milky Way” with Ashley Miller). He’s also very approachable and regularly chats with fans of the show at slipstreamweb.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Zack Stentz:

Tough love, baby.

Zack

WOW Zack! Nice to see ya dude. We don’t get many of the big people to the board… it’s a great honour.

And Hiya Maryavatar – nice name and I don’t think we’ve met before, welcome….

Yer both talking complete bollocks though. I mean, I understand what your saying… downward spiral and her putting a stop to him doing something he would later regret etc… but I just can’t help think that she could have shown more sympathy… maybe it’s just that I’m not a big exponent of tough love.

At the end of the day, Trance treated someone who cared about her in the same way (if not worse) that a ratfaced dude who’d once killed her! And this didn’t detract one little bit from my enjoyment of the show.

I still think she’s still got a nice tail… I just wouldn’t want to be friends with her.

PS. Zack: I’m catching up with the reviews this weekend (I was a bit delayed with the forced installation of the new SadBOARD software)

PPS. For those of you who don’t know, Zack Stenz is a very cool geezer indeed. He’s a ‘staff writer’ for the Andromeda series (episodes 1.04 “D Minus Zero”, 1.08 “Banks Of The Lethe, The”, 1.18 “Devil Take The Hindmost”, 1.19 “Fear & Loathing In The Milky Way” with Ashley Miller). He’s also very approachable and regularly chats with fans of the show at slipstreamweb.

Anonymous

I wish I could share my wisdom with you, but alas, I’m up to “Harper 2.0” (gonna see it on friday!!!). But from what I read I like the notion of a dark side to Harper. It doesn’t suit Trance as much, but it’s nice she’s not ALWAYS nice and fluffy
    -Ivy-

Anonymous

I wish I could share my wisdom with you, but alas, I’m up to “Harper 2.0” (gonna see it on friday!!!). But from what I read I like the notion of a dark side to Harper. It doesn’t suit Trance as much, but it’s nice she’s not ALWAYS nice and fluffy
    -Ivy-

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    I like the notion of a dark side to Harper.
    -Ivy-

Oh yeah, before F&L Harper was cute and irritating; in that episode he suddenly becomes quite shaggab1e. Gotta love the dark side.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    I like the notion of a dark side to Harper.
    -Ivy-

Oh yeah, before F&L Harper was cute and irritating; in that episode he suddenly becomes quite shaggab1e. Gotta love the dark side.

Anonymous

Good to know!
    -Ivy:looking forward to enjoying that dark side in about… 3 weeks-

Anonymous

Good to know!
    -Ivy:looking forward to enjoying that dark side in about… 3 weeks-

Anonymous

quote:

[/QB]

*ducks her head in* ME!!!! I need a Nietzschean!!! Preferably a big one with long dreadlocks!!!!*ducks away before anyone can comment on her unhealthy obsession with Tyr Anasazi*

Anonymous

quote:

[/QB]

*ducks her head in* ME!!!! I need a Nietzschean!!! Preferably a big one with long dreadlocks!!!!*ducks away before anyone can comment on her unhealthy obsession with Tyr Anasazi*

Anonymous

Hi Catalina!
    I’d bonk you silly if I didn’t think he was lickable…
    But don’t get me wrong- I’m a harpy all the way! But I appreciate the beautiful things in life…
    -Ivy-

Anonymous

Hi Catalina!
    I’d bonk you silly if I didn’t think he was lickable…
    But don’t get me wrong- I’m a harpy all the way! But I appreciate the beautiful things in life…
    -Ivy-

Anonymous

Naa, Nietzscheans are all blood sweat and testosterone. Trance has a nice tail and a pretty interesting complexion, nice figure too – it’s a shame she’s a disloyal b**ch.

Nope, the only one who looks at all shagable is the one with lug nuts. Lug nuts are the key … see.

You know where you are with a lug nut… and it can keep screwing for years and years! Rommie has lots of lug nuts, I just know she has, a classy chic like that MUST have lots o’lug nuts….

Erm… so my vote goes for Rommie.

Anonymous

Naa, Nietzscheans are all blood sweat and testosterone. Trance has a nice tail and a pretty interesting complexion, nice figure too – it’s a shame she’s a disloyal b**ch.

Nope, the only one who looks at all shagable is the one with lug nuts. Lug nuts are the key … see.

You know where you are with a lug nut… and it can keep screwing for years and years! Rommie has lots of lug nuts, I just know she has, a classy chic like that MUST have lots o’lug nuts….

Erm… so my vote goes for Rommie.

Anonymous

sorry sadgeezer but i agree with Zack on this. (no behind kissing intended)! but the only way for trance to to stop harper from making a terrible mistake was for her to be miss bitch. and she had to be believable. if he had killed gerentex he would have been no better than gerentex. she was simply stopping harper from turning into a bad guy. and speaking of disloyal…well i can’t say anymore about that. i don’t want to spoil it for our UK friends. but i will tell you this fasten your seatbelts, it will be a wild ride!
    p.s. it is great to meet you Zack! excellent job you guys are doing! tomorrow night is the season premiere and i just can’t wait

Anonymous

sorry sadgeezer but i agree with Zack on this. (no behind kissing intended)! but the only way for trance to to stop harper from making a terrible mistake was for her to be miss bitch. and she had to be believable. if he had killed gerentex he would have been no better than gerentex. she was simply stopping harper from turning into a bad guy. and speaking of disloyal…well i can’t say anymore about that. i don’t want to spoil it for our UK friends. but i will tell you this fasten your seatbelts, it will be a wild ride!
    p.s. it is great to meet you Zack! excellent job you guys are doing! tomorrow night is the season premiere and i just can’t wait

Anonymous

Welp, yer entitled to your opinion and that’s ok. It just seems silly to me…. surely others can see that too.

Pointing a gun at your friend is not a friendly thing to do! It’s not tough love either. You can’t love someone who you are about to kill because you are worried that he’s going to turn into a nasty person (ok, so she can see into the furture, but her visions are far from certain)…. Trance admitted that she would have killed him – no alternative. Ok, so lets say that she was right and that Harper did kill Gerentex. What right does Trance have to shoot Harper! She owes him HER life! And Gerentex once killed Trance! He was on borrowed time anyway.

The more I think about it, the more implausible it sounds. Worse still, instead of Harper giving her a severe telling off, he later asks her if they are still friends!

I’m convinced that there is a sub-plot going on here. Trance Gemini is secretive, willing to kill her friends to make a point and (in The Widening Gyre) she apparently knew things about Magog territory that she wasn’t supposed to know – or she wasn’t telling anyone that she knew.

We all have flaw’s in our chartacter, and it’s nice to see that the Andromeda crew aren’t the exception. But I can’t believe that the writers would make Trance such a bitch without some sort of sub-plot thingie going on. Either that or she’s a baddie and hidden it well.

Mary, I am in the UK, we’ve seen up to episode 2 of season 2 and I still haven’t seen anything that makes me think she isn’t dissloyal.

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

Welp, yer entitled to your opinion and that’s ok. It just seems silly to me…. surely others can see that too.

Pointing a gun at your friend is not a friendly thing to do! It’s not tough love either. You can’t love someone who you are about to kill because you are worried that he’s going to turn into a nasty person (ok, so she can see into the furture, but her visions are far from certain)…. Trance admitted that she would have killed him – no alternative. Ok, so lets say that she was right and that Harper did kill Gerentex. What right does Trance have to shoot Harper! She owes him HER life! And Gerentex once killed Trance! He was on borrowed time anyway.

The more I think about it, the more implausible it sounds. Worse still, instead of Harper giving her a severe telling off, he later asks her if they are still friends!

I’m convinced that there is a sub-plot going on here. Trance Gemini is secretive, willing to kill her friends to make a point and (in The Widening Gyre) she apparently knew things about Magog territory that she wasn’t supposed to know – or she wasn’t telling anyone that she knew.

We all have flaw’s in our chartacter, and it’s nice to see that the Andromeda crew aren’t the exception. But I can’t believe that the writers would make Trance such a bitch without some sort of sub-plot thingie going on. Either that or she’s a baddie and hidden it well.

Mary, I am in the UK, we’ve seen up to episode 2 of season 2 and I still haven’t seen anything that makes me think she isn’t dissloyal.

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Hollydays
    Participant

not to stir the pot even further…but Trance was not concerned about Harper killing the dudes following them into the room. That was 3 people he killed. Wouldn’t that make him a bad person too?

Hollydays
    Participant

not to stir the pot even further…but Trance was not concerned about Harper killing the dudes following them into the room. That was 3 people he killed. Wouldn’t that make him a bad person too?

Anonymous

quote:

Naa, Nietzscheans are all blood sweat and testosterone.

Yep…and broad shoulders and big dark eyes and sexy lips and nifty chainmail shirts and…ok, I’ll stop now.

quote:

[/QB]
    Trance has a nice tail and a pretty interesting complexion, nice figure too – it’s a shame she’s a disloyal b**ch.
    [/QB]

My admiration of Trance’s tail is limited to wishing I had one…s’not fair for her to be pretty and have a tail and be purple…

Anonymous

quote:

Naa, Nietzscheans are all blood sweat and testosterone.

Yep…and broad shoulders and big dark eyes and sexy lips and nifty chainmail shirts and…ok, I’ll stop now.

quote:

[/QB]
    Trance has a nice tail and a pretty interesting complexion, nice figure too – it’s a shame she’s a disloyal b**ch.
    [/QB]

My admiration of Trance’s tail is limited to wishing I had one…s’not fair for her to be pretty and have a tail and be purple…

Anonymous

ok now that i know our UK friends get andromeda around the same time as we do, i will explain my last post.
    let’s talk disloyal! beka trying to get to tarn vedra by using flash and almost killing trance. in this ep we also find out that beka and harper have a “backup plan” in case something goes wrong with this ‘alliance’ with dylan and andromeda. next we have andromeda with her back up programming kicking in and putting everyone in danger.
    Whoops, i have to go. i will continue this tomorrow. sorry!

Anonymous

ok now that i know our UK friends get andromeda around the same time as we do, i will explain my last post.
    let’s talk disloyal! beka trying to get to tarn vedra by using flash and almost killing trance. in this ep we also find out that beka and harper have a “backup plan” in case something goes wrong with this ‘alliance’ with dylan and andromeda. next we have andromeda with her back up programming kicking in and putting everyone in danger.
    Whoops, i have to go. i will continue this tomorrow. sorry!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:

My thoughts exactly…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:

My thoughts exactly…

Anonymous

welcome Victorianna, Mistress of Darkness to the Sadgeezer BB. i will also put a welcome post in “the Pub” forum.

Anonymous

welcome Victorianna, Mistress of Darkness to the Sadgeezer BB. i will also put a welcome post in “the Pub” forum.

Anonymous

Hand off! He’s MINE!!!!!!

Anonymous

Hand off! He’s MINE!!!!!!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.