The state of TV Angst

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This thread constitutes the continuance of heat between a few of the posters in the ‘The state of Television’ in the General Sci FI forum.

Lexxstone and Bonnee, please remember that Flamegrape is a moderator and a single word from him (not that he would of course) could mean you being banned from the board ….Moderators are the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going to kick our sorry asses all the way back to Earth (or some other place), sweetheart, they are death incarnate, and the last living thing that we will ever see…… God sent them! (as Susan Ivanova would say).

But also, humble administrators like myself act on their instruction.

Anyway, here goes:

quote:

Originally posted by Lexxstone:

First of all where did you see anywhere where I suggested anything should be banned or censored?

Also my opinion is your problem? What the hell is all that about?

I think you have the wrong vision about how LEXX is preceived by most people. I believe you feel that the writers of LEXX are giving everyone the finger and many people are really mad and offended that LEXX is on the air and so on and so on…… You see the writers of LEXX as some sort of shock jocks.

I think Bonnee makes a good point about the writers on the show. You cannot mask bad writing by putting in a fart or **** joke. The overall reaction that I get from people who have recently seen the show for the first time runs from confusion to outright boredom. I have yet to see anybody that was truly offended by what LEXX has done in the last several years. The comment I hear from most people who are just seeing the show for the first time is “That really sucked!” not “I was offended”.

I’ve heard several people here talk of the creativity of the show in the last several years. I wish someone would point out why they feel the show is creative. The only episode that was creative at all was “The Game”. Of course this was the finest episode in the entire run of the show.

The last two years of LEXX had absolutely nothing to offer except the game.

You know as bad as “Black Scorpion” was it never pretended to be a show with a whole lot of deep meaning and creativity. In fact the one episode I saw was pretty damn funny. There was a manicial guy driving around in a garbage truck calling himself the Sanitation Psycho. HA! Nothing more then a comic book on TV.

Stone

and then

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I already apologized for the cheap shot. If you want to argue about how bad Lexx became, then start a thread in the Lexx forum. If you want to rant about what an awful person I am, then move it to the SciFi Angst forum.

And then:

quote:

Originally posted by Lexxstone:

Considering the discussion of LEXX was a very small portion of my original response in this thread that you took and greatly expanded on and also considering that in the original post that started this thread a direct question was asked about the show:

>>>Do you think that there is too much ‘gratuitous’ in modern shows (not just sci fi). Is LEXX for instance tame or over the top?<<< I find it strange you would suggest moving to another thread. If you are going to take an opinion personally then say "This really doesn't belong here" how could anyone have a valid debate with you. Once again you are putting words in my mouth. I never implied you were an "awful person". Also the implications that a "rant" was made concerning you is just absolutely off the cuff and incorrect, not to mention an insult in itself. All I ever did was ask you why my opinion was your problem. I did notice I ever got an answer to that question. Stone

And then…

quote:

I sincerely apologize for any wrong that I have done to you. Obviously, I touched a nerve. I had no real intention of getting into a fight with you. As I said before, I frequently become irritated when people give Lexx really bad criticism. I’m a huge fan of the show and I thought the third and fourth seasons were genius. If my saying that irritates you, then I’m sorry. I’m not saying it to make you mad. This is not a disguised insult. Please accept my apologies for the third time.

And you are right. I had forgotten that in the initial post in this thread, Lexx was specifically mentioned. If you want to talk about how gratuitousness masked a complete lack of creativity, then fine. Have at it. I just thought that it didn’t seem right to focus on just one show in this thread. But, again, you were right. Lexx was specifically mentioned. So expect me to defend my point of view.

Personally Flame, I thought he was giving as good as he was getting!

AND YET!

I can actually see both sides of this…. if you fight through the crap, yer eitrher on the side of Lexxstone for hating ‘carrot up the bum humour’ or Flame for a no holes barred do yer worst innovative but maybe offensive stuff.

Like Flame, I very much liked the idea of carrot up the bum sci fi but I HATED the farting! I’d also hate to think of myself as being as anti anal/bawdy as Lexxstone in middle school.

Wadda you think? To fart or not to fart?

[ 27-08-2002: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Flamegrape
    Participant
    FX
    Participant

quote:

THE BEANS

acckkk!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.