The Trin? I never heard of that name!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx The Trin? I never heard of that name!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

As my title stated, I’ve never heard that name affixed to Lyekka’s people in any episode. Is that from an interview or what? Am I missing something? Somebady heeeelp! Valdron? Flamegrape? Aleck? Anyone?

“Let’s go”- Lt. General Romeo Dallaire

Headgehog
    Participant

Trin is the naem DT gave to the Lyekka civilization a few weeks ago. In “End of the Universe” Lyekka says “there aren’t many dreams around”. But since Louise Wischermann gives Lyekka an accent so impossible to understand, that it makes the French look like English Profs; he misunderstood the statement as “there aren’t many trins around” Where he thought trin refered to the Lyekka species. But sine Trin is easier to type, say and spell then Lyekka, many people (myself included) have just adopted that name.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I was wondering where DT got that name.

But I think her accent is so cute!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

I like-a Lyekka!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I was wondering where DT got that name.

But I think her accent is so cute!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

I like-a Lyekka!

You honestly have to wonder where DT gets any of his Lexx “terminology”?

-SM

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Trin is the naem DT gave to the Lyekka civilization a few weeks ago. In “End of the Universe” Lyekka says “there aren’t many dreams around”. But since Louise Wischermann gives Lyekka an accent so impossible to understand, that it makes the French look like English Profs; he misunderstood the statement as “there aren’t many trins around” Where he thought trin refered to the Lyekka species. But sine Trin is easier to type, say and spell then Lyekka, many people (myself included) have just adopted that name.

Actually, I wrote it down in my Lexx notebook when I saw The end of the Universe on its original Sci-Fi run, and have used it periodically on this board.

I thought Lyekka said “The Universe used to be full of Trins.” She then goes into her telepathic abilities, and I assumed she was saying that her people, abundant before Mantrid, used to listen to the thoughts of all sentient life, and that collective knowledge has given her the ability to pinpoint the location of a specific individual (Mantrid in this case) telepathically.

But on a recent chat I was told that she said the Universe was full of dreams. I looked at a transcript of the episode and she did say “dreams.”

Lyekka’s people (in the Dark Zone at least) seem to have their own language and nomenclature, but the name they call themselves has yet to be revealed. Nobody else on the show seems to have come up with a name to call them (though Kai says one or more of the people whose memories he has were familiar with them). I had the archaic character call them “Dreamweaver Plants” in my fan-fiction “The New Order,” but that doesn’t come from real Lexx. The name of Lyekka’s people is not clear.

But Lyekka’s accent is cute. Of that there can be no doubt.

Anonymous

Can I use it in the book?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    though Kai says one or more of the people whose memories he has were familiar with them

When does he say this?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.