The Vegetable Connection

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx The Vegetable Connection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Do you think there is any connection between the Carrotts and Lyekka? Lyekka is a plant, as are the vegetables. Also the 2nd last episode is called “Lyekka vs Japan”. Could be?

Flamegrape
    Participant

I’ve been wondering for a while if the carrot probes come from Lyekka’s plant civilization. The main reason I’ve been thinking in that direction is because of the continuing presence of the carrot probes and the fact that one of the last episodes is named, “Lyekka vs Japan“!

Anonymous

My point exactly. There must be a connection. Also….. time becomes loop.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    My point exactly. There must be a connection. Also….. time becomes loop.

Also… His Divine Shadow was a rook in Prince’s game. Curious.

The Brunnen-G seemed to have known a great deal about travelling to other dimensions. Very curious.

How long has Prince existed? Could it be that Prince is much older than His Divine Shadow, the Gigashadow, and the Insect Civilization itself?

JJ, if I understand your time-loop theory about Lexx‘s plotline, you believe that Prince will become the Insect Civilization (His Divine Shadow) and that the people of Earth will become the Brunnen-G.

Couldn’t it just as well be that the Insects were somehow the product of Prince’s mischief in the distant past? I mean, why was His Divine Shadow in The Game at all? What does Prince know of His Shadow? What does prince care about him? The Game “mirrors the larger game we
    have played since we have met”, Prince commented. How did His Shadow fit into Prince’s plots and plans? All of the white pieces were characters that appeared in series III or IV… except for His Divine Shadow.

In The Game, where was Lyekka? Why wasn’t she the bishop, the most appropriate piece to represent her? Lyekka has been on the show far more often than the Time Prophet. She’s one of the good guys… right?

Something else to think about: insects are an integral part of most plant’s reproduction.

DalekTek790
    Participant

There could be a connection between the probes and Lyekka, but I doubt the Trins are the ones aboard the ship Operation Hard Encounter failed to destroy. The Trins don’t seem to have any real civilization. All their knowledge comes from the minds they scan (which means that Stan, Kai, or 790 knew that Lyekka’s people were called “Trins”). On the other hand, I just read an article in Discover that says that plants communicate with each other using intricate systems of chemical pheromones. Apparently plants conspire against the insects that seek to destroy them. Hmmm…

The probes look kind of like a cross between the flying pods in Lyekka and Insects.

I think the reason His Divine Shadow was a piece in The Game was because he was a major antagonist to Kai and his friends. It also likely foreshadows (no pun intended ) the return of that particular villain at the end of the season. For some reason Walter Borden’s voice wasn’t in The Game, and the Divine Shadow head was voiced by someone else (Jeffrey Hirschfield?). Maybe Walter Borden wasn’t availible for the filming of that episode.

I think an interesting end to season four would be His Divine Shadow and Prince destroying each other.

[ 17-03-2002: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

John Dunstans is credited as His Divine Shadow, I assume that is his voice.

Anonymous

FlameGrape:

In regards to Prince Im almost positive he’s what we consider to be Satan. Lexx takes Earth history and mythology like Vlad and Heaven and Hell and shows us we got it wrong. Like every story it gets exaggerated over time, same is true of Fire and Water. We made them into Heaven and Hell and added our own mythology around them. When in reality all that exists is what we saw in Series 3.

Basically heres my idea.

Lexx loves to play on Earthly myths. Humans are flawed and make **** up all the time. Therefore our concepts of Heaven and Hell are actually mistakes. Fire and Water *are* heaven and hell. And Prince is Eternal and Satan.

He existed when the Universe began. He was probably lying when he gave us that great conversation with Kai in series 3. But maybe not. Maybe Prince does not know what he is. He only knows that he must dominate and is Evil.

But what is interesting is that he can also act impartially. When we see him on the Beach which is most likely “Purgatory” he’s being fair. He explains the rules to Stanley and allows his soul to be judged. So in a way, Prince is also God. Which is why I like to refer to him as Eternal rather than Satan or God.

When Prince is in his Prince form he is fully and truly evil. But there are mirrors of him to facilitate the rest of eternity for the mortals as well, like we see on The Beach and later in the underbelly of Hell with Kai.

But Prince is very limited as well. He has no wisdom. He only knows what he needs to do his job.

So in conclusion, my thoughts are; Prince was *never* a living being. Most likely he is as old as the Dark Zone itself. And he’s totally a slave to his Purpose.

The conversation he has with Kai in “the Game” explaining he doesent understand Earth or the Living really helped to confirm a lot of this at least for me.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Speaking of Discover, that same issue had an article entitled “Notes from a Parallel Universe.” Lexx reference, perhaps?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.