The Village looking for membership.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series The Prisoner The Village looking for membership.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pet
    Participant

Join the Village[/url]

I think it’s a good idea, but I don’t think I’ll be leaving my Village for it any time soon. (Though I do have a windmill waiting in my machine shed. Just can’t find a structural engineer to come out and put it up. Grrr…)

The following presented just for giggles: 😆

Their charter outline:

The vision and objectives of the Village;

The ultimate size (number of houses and estimated population) of the Village;

How to join the Village, perhaps including a trial period;

How to leave the Village, perhaps giving first option to buy to the remaining residents or a limited (usually by time) right of refusal to an intending buyer of a house by the remaining residents;
    The internal decision making systems;

A disputes resolution system;

The payment of internal rates or levies;

Any requirements for community work such as our labour points scheme.

Community meeting systems,

A range of other matters which concern the internal functioning of the eco-Village and the development of ‘community’ within the eco-Village.

Pet;D

Fatguy
    Participant

I think this “village” is there to build the bank account of some mysterious “Number One”.

I am a big fan of urban renewal because the basic geographical advantages of big cities are still there to take advantage of. Some back-woods local just does not cut it – and there is simply too small a population for totally enclosed services to sustain itself. But I am a complete amateur here. Someone with a background in urban planning should pronounce sentence of this type of idea. Communes came and went…..why?

Maurice (P.S. Pet: I actually remembered some of your earlier posts on another board today thanks 😀 ).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.