The Widening Gyre – Review and vidcaps

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda The Widening Gyre – Review and vidcaps

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

MUCH BETTER!

I just saw this first show of the season and it was great! Much better than “..it’s time come round at last”

Tyr was just as arrogant and Dylan still had the patronising speach at the end, but the graphics were great and I didn’t get the feeling that the whole show just revol;ved around the Andromeda crew getting captured for an hour.

Beka and Harper in particular, were wonderful!

HolyDays has reviewed this episode already. But what did you think?!

Anonymous

Holy cow! You got that up fast. I’m off to read the review.

I’m in a happy place now. And I get to feel smug about the UK seeing this before the US. It’s darned tempting to go and be irritatingly happy over at the slipstream BBS. I’ll try to control myself…there’s a first time for everything.

Anonymous

I’m in a happy place now. And I get to feel smug about the UK seeing this before the US. It’s darned tempting to go and be irritatingly happy over at the slipstream BBS. I’ll try to control myself…there’s a first time for everything.

Hollydays
    Participant

Yes Sad, I agree that the second half of the show was better!
    So, what day do you see the next episode? “Exit Strategies” ?
    You will LOL

Hollydays
    Participant

You will LOL

Anonymous
    Inactive

The new voice-over intro was really twee..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

YEAH!! I noticed that. It’s ironic that Majel Roddenberry’s big criticism of Babylon 5 was that it was based on a story arc. Yet, in this episode (heralding the opening of the new season) we see an absolute declaration of a story arc in Andromeda (ie. get the Commonwealth up and running or say goodbye to life the universe and everything {Magog invasion}).

But the BIGGEST similarity between the show and Babylon 5 is the twee opening speech?!?! What the hell is that all about!

I half expected it to end with “The year is 2163. The Place erm… somewhere near a ****ing big Magog planet thingie.”

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

YEAH!! I noticed that. It’s ironic that Majel Roddenberry’s big criticism of Babylon 5 was that it was based on a story arc. Yet, in this episode (heralding the opening of the new season) we see an absolute declaration of a story arc in Andromeda (ie. get the Commonwealth up and running or say goodbye to life the universe and everything {Magog invasion}).

But the BIGGEST similarity between the show and Babylon 5 is the twee opening speech?!?! What the hell is that all about!

I half expected it to end with “The year is 2163. The Place erm… somewhere near a ****ing big Magog planet thingie.”

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hollydays:
    You will LOL

I can’t wait! We see it on Mondays

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hollydays:
    You will LOL

I can’t wait! We see it on Mondays

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by maryavatar:

WoW! You are so right! I made the mistake of doing that in the first season when we actually get to see a couple of episodes before the US (and everyone else I think!). But now, we see it before the US and after Canada.

US peeps get to see so much stuff before the rest of the world, But alas, Canada is forging it’s way ahead. LEXX and Andromeda are shown there before anywhere else!

I’m lucky to have Holly doing reviews.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by maryavatar:

WoW! You are so right! I made the mistake of doing that in the first season when we actually get to see a couple of episodes before the US (and everyone else I think!). But now, we see it before the US and after Canada.

US peeps get to see so much stuff before the rest of the world, But alas, Canada is forging it’s way ahead. LEXX and Andromeda are shown there before anywhere else!

I’m lucky to have Holly doing reviews.

Anonymous

Hi I’m new just had to say – wow – what an episode. If Harper dies someones in big trouble. Rev telling him to stay well, we all know that Harper doesn’t have much of an immune system – so where is that one leading us. I too am freaked by the magog, not because of what they look like but because of what they do yeuk!!

Anonymous

Hi I’m new just had to say – wow – what an episode. If Harper dies someones in big trouble. Rev telling him to stay well, we all know that Harper doesn’t have much of an immune system – so where is that one leading us. I too am freaked by the magog, not because of what they look like but because of what they do yeuk!!

Anonymous

*Sigh* I loved it…especially Tyr’s speech about not giving up. And so many great lines!

Anonymous

*Sigh* I loved it…especially Tyr’s speech about not giving up. And so many great lines!

Anonymous
    Inactive

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    US peeps get to see so much stuff before the rest of the world, But alas, Canada is forging it’s way ahead. LEXX and Andromeda are shown there before anywhere else!.

Lexx series 3 premiered in the UK and series 4 in the US. I can’t remember about the first two.

Anonymous
    Inactive

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    US peeps get to see so much stuff before the rest of the world, But alas, Canada is forging it’s way ahead. LEXX and Andromeda are shown there before anywhere else!.

Lexx series 3 premiered in the UK and series 4 in the US. I can’t remember about the first two.

Anonymous

i seem to recall that Majel Roddenbery has a guest starring role on an ep of B5. she played the first emperors wife who was a seer and she is the one who told Londo and Vir that they both would be emperors. also Earth Final Conflict has a major arc too.

Anonymous

i seem to recall that Majel Roddenbery has a guest starring role on an ep of B5. she played the first emperors wife who was a seer and she is the one who told Londo and Vir that they both would be emperors. also Earth Final Conflict has a major arc too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.