They left it open for continuation! [Small Spoiler]

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx They left it open for continuation! [Small Spoiler]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Well, even though it said “The End,” the series didn’t totally wrap up, it’s definitely open for another season, if they wanted to continue it.

SO, we know it won’t happen this year, but maybe it will happen in the next three or four years. There’s two storylines to follow, or it could be combined into one.

Of course, Brian Downey will be over 60 by then!

Anonymous

I would’nt count Brian out because of his age, I don’t think he looks his real age anyway and he seems to be in good physical condition so I don’t think it would be a problem for him…

I do agree,it definately was open for continuation but I can’t help wondering what would happen to Xev and Stan without Kai there to rescue them from time to time…..

Anonymous

I’m in the scifi chat with brian/ellen/patricia now (something I rarely do), Brian and Ellen really want to do either a movie or spinoff or continuation (whatever you want to call it). Brian is apparently trying to get someone to produce. Michael is definitely out. Don’t know about Xenia.

So, we’ll see what happens.

Anonymous

Well it just ended for me 10 min ago (Pacific Time Zone).

I think the ending of the series had big holes in it. But it seems as if they hustled fast to make the ending of it. Sortal like the Quantum Leap “Sudden Death” series finale. They quickly changed the story line and slapped a “The End” at the end.

I doubt there is going to be a 5th series, most of the teenagers who watch Farscape dont understand LEXX because the humor just goes over their head (some dont understand the inuendo). If LEXX added cute muppets and targeted their audiences to 12 year olds, then maybe Sci-Fi would re-new it.

LEXX has a better chance in syndication.

[ 27-04-2002: Message edited by: Evil_Lister ]

Anonymous

Well atleast there are DVDs. None of which I own yet. As soon as I get some extra money.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Evil_Lister:

I doubt there is going to be a 5th series, most of the teenagers who watch Farscape dont understand LEXX because the humor just goes over their head (some dont understand the inuendo). If LEXX added cute muppets and targeted their audiences to 12 year olds, then maybe Sci-Fi would re-new it.
    [ 27-04-2002: Message edited by: Evil_Lister ]

Hey,I’m a teenie who understands Lexx.

Anonymous

T3:He only said “most” not all. I’d agree with that even though I am 19 and have been watching lexx since I was 17. Anyone my age I’ve shown Lexx to HAS been totally confused by it.

Anonymous

I think most teenagers are confused by Lexx, it’s definitely adult humour, I never appreciated Monty Python in my teens, now I’m older and wiser I find it hilarious…I think the same applies to Lexx.
    On the subject of muppets (IMHO the people responsible for Farscape are the muppets!!!), I hope that Farscape doesn’t get a bit more space on this board, because the superior Lexx has now dearly departed.
    If that happens then I’m outta here, as Lexx is the boards biggest attraction, even now it’s gone it should remain numero uno round here.
    Squishy

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

I’d agree with that even though I am 19 and have been watching lexx since I was 17. Anyone my age I’ve shown Lexx to HAS been totally confused by it.[/QB][/QUOTE]

LOL,
    Hate to say it, but I’m more than twice your age and believe me, the people of my age who I’ve shown Lexx to are totally confused too

Kog
    who thinks being surprised and confused is part of the Lexx magic ..

Anonymous

I think that Lexx is one of those shows that you simply must see from the beginning to understand it….so much information is included in each episode….Sometimes my man or my son will start to watch with me and they constantly ask questions and you just can’t give simple answers….The characters have so much background it’s too complicated to explain without seeing the movies and episodes…. That’s Xev, she’s part cluster-lizard, cluster lizard?, Uh, and she’s a love slave, love slave? that’s uh, well and it goes on and on… Everything is explained in the episodes…

Anonymous

I Don’t think that you have to be of a certain age, just a certain majurity level, or have a certain personality level to get lexx. I mean i’m the youngest one here (15) and i get most of it, its funny. I really lust for a continuation cause it was such a great show, but i don’t know if it would be the same quality. Especially if kai, and others of the team are gone. By the way, does anyone know where to send letters and stuff to tell them we want more? I saw around here somewhere…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.