Think outside the box (Matrix Reloaded)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Think outside the box (Matrix Reloaded)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    A -DM
    Participant

I think this will go over a lot of people’s heads, the idea that Neo is nothing more than a creation by a program (the oracle) too control the anamoly is unsettling for those who feel Neo is the hero.
    But it does add up, the same scenario played out again and again too give false hope, in essence distracting the unconcious mind from the real truth.
    So creating a lie to cover up the bigger lie, although I think that Agent Smith will be the unlikely hero (but at the same time the bad guy), he maybe the program that upsets the plan that Neo is pre-destined to play out (the destruction of Zion again).
    I don’t think that Neo took something from him when they joined at the end of the first film, I think Smith gave something to Neo too disrupt the oracle’s programming of ‘The One’, Smith would rather upset the whole thing rather than face ultimate deletion, he wants to destroy everything in his hatred of the thing that created him, he hates Neo because he is part of that and he knows that should he do enough too change Neo’s pre-destiny he will be free.
    Most people will have missed that Neo and perhaps everyone around him are just tools to continue the running of the master program, that the 1% that the program cannot control needs to have Neo to keep them subservient and under control, without Neo the whole thing comes crashing down. It was said in the talk between the councillor and Neo that the machines and men need each other, I think that the machines are in essence life support for the human race, it’s an equal partnership, the Matrix isn’t a prison it’s what humanity chose to better their lives, on one hand humanity lives on in the Matrix, protected from the outside world, and the machines do get their energy from us, but it was something that may have been agreed upon…a neverending virtual reality designed too keep humanity safe.
    So in truth the oracle and the source are not evil, they are the guardians that ensure the program continues for the sake mainly of humanity, for if humanity really ever did leave mankind may just die, or perhaps they can survive outside of the program, but for some reason the machine is not aware that the real world could in fact be lived in by humans, and so much time has passed that all it knows is too continue what it has done for so long.
    Maybe mankind programmed this machine to never to let anyone realise that it was in fact themselves who created it, that they would be safe and never want for anything whilst there, but the source had trouble keeping this fact hidden, some started to think that there was something more, and thus the Oracle created ‘The One’ program to give them a version of the truth that they were thinking, but also made sure that once the program had finished that the 1% would no longer think like that for a while, but eventually the number of those whose sub-concious began to question it would reach 1%, and the program would run again.
    So my little theory is that the human race did it too itself, the conspiracy theories were created by the main computer to insert into the Matrix, because like Trinity said ‘It’s the question that drives us’ and that’s exactly what the 1% begin too feel, they begin to question their reality, the anomally is detected and the Neo (the one) program is run.
    The man who set the whole thing up may have never forseen a time where mankind needed to leave, perhaps the truth is, is that people wanted to live in a world that has long gone, maybe humanity is no longer on earth or earth had been destroyed and they couldn’t handle it, so this one man created this world (the Matirx and the ‘real’ world) to hide mankind from the painful truth, but which will be more painful?, that they did it too themselves or that they destroyed the earth and couldn’t face the consequences of their actions so they hid in this reality in an attempt to forget what they did.
    I still think that it’s the Wachowski’s modern play of the Wizard of Oz, but expanded in a huge way, too send a message that we are destroying our world and that we should not hide from it and we should feel guilty, the whole thing is too make us think, and it’s done in a clever and entertaining way, the sad thing is that we will eventually realise this message, but we will still never see it for anything more than entertainment with an added dash of humility.
    I guess that the Wachowski’s want people too take stock of the way we treat our world, and they are using the most powerful medium available.
    ADM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.