thoughts on next season….Anyone?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx thoughts on next season….Anyone?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know i shouldn’t assume anything when it comes to lexx (plots) But with heaven and hell (fire and water) destroyed, where are all the dead supposed to go? Where did they come from in the first place? Earth? All planets? Are all souls lost now? i have a feeling a lot of old guest stars will be coming back in season 4. At least, i hope so. I definitly feel His Shadow (or a facsimile thereof) making an appearance.

Anonymous

i have a feeling a lot of old guest stars will be coming back in season 4. At least, i hope so. I definitly feel His Shadow (or a facsimile thereof) making an appearance.[/B][/QUOTE]
    jami, welcome …one of the great things about lexx is their sly or not so sly recycling of props and actors…i feel a few more interludes with the Shadow(s) are in order as is MORE MANTRID i want to know where he came from too, and i still think the crew wreaking havoc on earth is a great idea…

DalekTek790
    Participant

What “Lexx” needs is less violence, less sex, and more morals.

Mantrid should not appear again in the series.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

crusader
    Participant

I dont think that fans se LEXX fore the “morals”!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    I dont think that fans se LEXX fore the “morals”!!!

amen crusador if i want morals and lofty ideals i will watch the original star trek, i do not want a sniveling wimp, a dysfunctional robot part, a hormonally driven cluster lizard hybrid and a cyborg to aspire to! i just want to see people as miserable as i am trying to get by and get some…now excuse me while i crawl back into my sewer

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Dalek!! What are you ON!?

Crusader and FX are totally spot on…. Oh, I know, you just said that to wind us up didn’t you?

——————

Anonymous

Next season…Hmmm rethinking the possibilities. As an Amercian, I got to say the interpretation of an “earthilke” planet and the portrayal of a presidential type person being done by delightfully tiwisted Canadians cetainly holds much intrigue for me. I couldn’t help but think of the potentials of a view of my country through their eyes. I would sorta like to see a different time frame than modern times illustrated. Time varies from solar system to solar system and from galaxy to galaxy. MM has a fondness for the western genre as stated in a recent interview with him. How about Kai, Xev and Stan finding a cowboy planet? Put that man in black on the back of a coal black stallion galloping to rescue the lizard lady and her Stanley footstool. I presume he will still be faunching after a piece of the real Xev (not a Prince Xev or a man Xev(Love Grows)in the next season same as he has in the last three. Giddyap!!!

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Mantrid should not appear again in the series.

*checks DalekTek’s temp*

Yep, just as I figured, the sewer gases are too much for him. I think it’s rusting his innerds.

I don’t want moralistic do-hickeys in Lexx. That is one of the things that attracted me to it. You really don’t know what is gonna happen, just like real life. Well, OK, you figure the planet will get blown to bits and someone is gonna die. But how and when? Will it be an accident? On purpose? and who’s gonna do the dirty deed?

In Stan’s Trial, I loved when Kai said something to the effect of “I will do the just thing.” Referring to the fact that he would kill Stanley if it was ruled that he should die. Made me go, whoa! Kai isn’t loyal like I thought he would. A nice surprise, not what I expected at all.

Ranting along, I like being surprised. I’ve seen so many formula shows, that I can tell how the story will end before the first fifteen minutes are over. The sex and amoralistic violence makes the show different and surprising.

*pant, pant* OK, I’m done now.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

quote:

Well, I agree! 100%! Indeed, that should be their opening show of season four. Xev is wearing ankle-length dress with a frilly, high-necked collar. Stanley and Xev, having found planet Moralis, where the doctors set them up with libido-dampening drugs, are no longer slaves of their sexual desires. They spend lots of time doing needlepoint and playing “I Spy.” Kai, well, he’s been sealed in his cryopod and dumped into the deepest regions of the Lexx, to go dry of protoblood and waste away. Because, face it, he can’t be made unsexy and he was making Xev use up too much of their libido-killing reserves. Even the Lexx has had a makeover and now resembles a cute, winsome butterfly, and not a…eh, you know. **blush**

http://www.sadgeezer.com/ubb/cool.gif%5B/img%5D%5D

Zoom out to find Stan and Xev, manacled to an evil life-essence sucking machine, being drained of all of their vital life-forces. The machine, the Kiljoiatron, is leaving them helpless, in a mundane, soul-draining illusionary landscape (not unlike Iowa), while they remain trapped in their minds. That is, until Kai, who had been sealed in his cryopod and tossed into Lexx’ belly, is freed after 790 communicates with the Lexx and causes it to excrete excess tummy acids, which eat through the cryopod, freeing Kai. Kai promptly returns and braces every villain onboard, heads and limbs rolling every which way. Unfortunately, his brace goes astray and hits one of the control panels, leaving Xev trapped mentally inside the machine. Kai, must now enter the machine and her illusion, freeing her the only way he can; overpowering the machine by romantically overpowering Xev, **insert torrid love scene**
    thus, freeing her! Whoo-Hoo!

Oh, yeh, I agree about that whole morals, sex, violence thing…as long as it only lasts the first 15min.

{sorry, to all those from Iowa who think it’s groovy)
    ——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-13-2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there, Blackcloud?

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited 01-14-2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there, Blackcloud?

you go girls! *snicker*

Anonymous

“Hint?” Heck, Dalek, I could barely heft it onto the screen, it was so heavy!

——————

Anonymous

More skin!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    More skin!!

oh yeah

DalekTek790
    Participant

In practically every other episode of “Lexx” there are women taking their clothes off, and I don’t think I’m the only one who’s bothered by that. There are scenes and dialog in “Lexx” that are sexist and sinful and shouldn’t be shown on T.V.

——————

crusader
    Participant

May I ask you a question!!!

Doe you work fore the cencure or something?

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

No, I’m just saying what we’re all thinking.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

who’s the we? i’m assuming you’re having us on again…’sinful’ is kind of weird regarding lexx, i mean it either is or isn’t, and not just parts of it…and i am sorry but in any event that is not a term that has meaning for me…regards sexist, well, i work in male-dominated fields;i do what i do because i want to do it and because i am good at it, not because i should or shouldn’t, and i have no particular sympathies for “women’s causes”, i guess that makes me sexist too…it seems to me that the writers of lexx don’t really care who they offend, that they are equal opportunity offenders and a refreshing break from “politically correct”a completely specious no-balls attitude if ever i saw one… anyway, i assume you are trying to get our collective dander up and so you did!

Anonymous

quote:

Old joke: As Tonto and the Lone Ranger were about to take on a large group of Indian warriors, the Lone Ranger says, “I think we can take them, Tonto!” My response to the above assumption is pretty much the same as Tonto’s, “Whaddaya mean “We” White Man?”
    Or, in keeping with the forum, to quote my favorite dead man, “I do not think the way you think I think.”

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

I’m dead serious (imagine me as Kai saying that line ). “Lexx” is a good series, with original plot and artistic consepts that make it more than just a “Star Trek” knockoff, but it has its bad points.

There seems to be a disregard for life and a lack of morality behind the actions of our heroes (“Stan’s Trial” is a great exception, though).

A more visible problem is sexual obscenity. There are all-too-prevalent themes such as women being objects existing only to please men, and sex as the driving force in people’s lives.

Thankfully, the censors at the Sci-Fi Channel excise some of the more offensive visual material, but there are often too lenient and awful scenes slip through the cracks.

“Lexx” needs to tone down these things in future seasons, because it bothers the fans and drives would-be fans away from the show. It should be reduced to a “Star Trek,” “Doctor Who,” or “X-Files” (though that has been getting a little too “colorful,” lately ) level of violence and sexual explicitness. For its sake as well as ours.

I don’t understand why people are attacking me for this, I’m not trying to make anyone mad, just asking for a little decency.

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited 01-21-2001).]

Anonymous

I hope the makers of Lexx continue to push the envelope. Its part of what keeps me coming back. It never ceases to amaze me that American TV will show brutal crimes , head chopping , assaults, shootings and torture, but flinches at a boob or a naked male haunch. The blood lust is much more offensive to me than nudity. I must admit I do get tired of what nudity there is being boobs, boobs and more boobs. Gimme some well rounded, firm, flat, or flabby butts of the male persuasion.

Anonymous

[ It never ceases to amaze me that American TV will show brutal crimes , head chopping , assaults, shootings and torture, but flinches at a boob or a naked male haunch. The blood lust is much more offensive to me than nudity. I must admit I do get tired of what nudity there is being boobs, boobs and more boobs. Gimme some well rounded, firm, flat, or flabby butts of the male persuasion. [/B][/QUOTE]

i aagree, we have become quite inured to violence but we squirm uncomfortably if someone touches someone else except in violence or in sex…personally, i would rather see the us less sexphobic in the sense that it is merely another natural function and not something that is so built up by taboo and mystery that it assumes an importance that it really doesn’t have…as i tell my gay friends, i do not think of them first as gay, i think of them first in terms of how they are as people…in other words sexuality is not the primary defining characteristic of a person…dalek tek, it seems to me 1) that lexx is making fun of many of our ingrained ideas, or at least acknowledging them as such and 2)you are making too much of the sexuality…as a woman i am grateful that you are concerned that the series seems to be treating women in a disrespectful fashion, but i caution you against assuming that your own discomfort in any matter is a result of someone else’s malignancy or ignorance…ie don’t take things too personally because that builds resentment and eventually the need to try to control other people’s expression…what a sad world it is when we try to mold things to our own comfort levels…we are not attacking you, just don’t attack us for enjoying lexx

Anonymous

Dude, chill, no attackin’ going on here. (Hear that people? Nobody attacks anybody or everybody gets outta the pool! ) This is a fan/user friendly board, Dalek, and we’re just expressing our opinions. It’s just difficult to ‘read’ emotions into written expression. So, to clarify…I’m not mad. And, I do understand you’re having very legitimate desires to have a more PC Lexx. But, the very thing that attracted most of the fans is the fact that “Lexx” dares to fly in the face of conventional scifi (Star Trek) standards. And, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but we use sex to sell about anything from cars to shampoo to childhood literacy. If sex sells TV side dishes then one would have to assume that sex is indeed a huge driving force in our society. And, women being seen as objects? Personally, I think Xev is a very empowering character on “Lexx.” Most TV shows that have a woman displaying any semblance of sexuality, sexual strength or sexual appetite, usually ends up turning the woman into a shrew, a dyke/femme, or a manipulative slut. Rarely, do they have that interesting combination of softness/strength, innocence and utter abandon that Xev exhibits. (And even the Beans had to make her a love slave to pull it off, just as Buffy had to be a slayer or Dark Angel a, whatever she is) Every show on television has guys frothing at the mouth over some woman or another; and that’s just considered cute, fun, and normal. But, as soon as a woman rears her sexual head and says, ‘hello, sexual being here, too,’ the show becomes too risqué or “sexually charged.” When you deny a woman something as basic and important as her human sexuality, that’s treating a woman as an object. Since she’s now only 2D, not 3D the way men are allowed to be. It’s an old double standard. Now, if you really want to get on a show that objectifies women, check out the “Man Show.” They’re pigs and proud of it! I for one am glad that in Lexx everyone is treated equally, as far as being sexually exposed, exploited, and exfoliated. I’m not saying it’s right, but I’d rather see it done straight on and tongue-in-cheek, the way it’s done in Lexx, then to be continually treated to the subtle sexual disparities in most TV shows. Lexx confronts sexual mores and then tells society to bite it. Other shows try to sanitize or sterilize the future/scifi. (well, except Farscape…I’m getting more and more impressed with that show) But, such saccharine and goodness ‘n’ light views are unpalatable for long, for most of the people that get into “Lexx.” It’s not a morality show; we have “Law and Order” and “Voyager” for that stuff. Lexx is a far-off-the-beaten-track, offbeat, freaky hit of acid, without the funky acid after-effects. To be sure, I think it’s neat that you want a kinder and gentler “Lexx.” But, I don’t think it would still be the “Lexx” most of us fell for. But stick to your guns; you might get Xev in petticoats, yet.

——————

crusader
    Participant

I totaly agree with you guys!!!

Its great to se a show that has what outher dont!!!

That breakes every rules!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.