Tornado Tidal Wave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Berzerker
    Participant

So I’m watching Ghost Hunters (I needed to do something to pass time before TTR) and SciFi shows a promo for their SciFi original picture. At the bottom of the screen it said Tornado Tidal Wave. So I started thinking wow this is amazing, taking two natural disasters that would never occur with each other in the same area, and it has Bruce Campbell in it. This is pure shit, since Hammerhead Shark Frenzy (who came up with that name). But then they went more in detail, saying that this giant clusterf*&^ is actually just two individual separate bad movies. Once again SciFi you raised my hopes on something and just ruined it, just like you did with ‘Cool Whip.’

Headgehog
    Participant

Are you insulting Bruce Campbell?

dems fighting words… 👿

mandara k
    Participant

yup, sci-fi in it’s true form, these SG and BSG are window-dressing for them.

If I were only a TV exec…. hmmmmm (cue dream sequence music)

I would get rid of all that crap they call movies and put real sci-fi on there and more sci-fi then horror, you know stuff that takes place in well ……space!

Okay, I started it, you guys go with it…

If i was head honcho at Sci-Fi…. I would……..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Though there are many, many notable exceptions, I generally prefer my science fiction grounded in real science and as down to Earth as possible — I tend to like dystopian speculative fiction that take place on bad old Terra Firma in the not too, too distant future.

Okay, if I was head honcho at Sci Fi I’d replace it with SPACE: The Imgination Station (j/k). Really, if I could choose any programming I liked for a sci-fi channel, and revenue and rights was not a concern, I would show plenty of classic sci-fi shows and movies, as well as trying to get shows/films from around the world. I love watching the late 60’s to mid 70’s sci-fi flicks on SPACE (just wish they showed more). I’d definitely want more stuff with a political message — substance over effects.

And if I had to gear it to someone other than just myself, I’d make more shows for an older, sophisticated, more arthouse, audience. But as someone who grew to love sci-fi as a kid, and still loves stuff like Doctor Who, Space 1999, Star Trek, Land of the Lost, the original Planet of the Apes series of movies I have always adored, that I grew up with, I would like to make shows that will appeal to kids too. Get ’em interested when they’re young. Sci-fi really touched my imagination as a kid.

Also, if I were in the sci-fi production biz, and money, audience, rights etc. was still not a concern, I’d make more big-production minis with acclaimed actors, acclaimed writers, directors, and technicians… Love to see a Asimov’s Foundation series done (yeah, I know that doesn’t take place on Earth, or at least most of it doesn’t).

One of the first minis I’d like to get is BBC’s First Born about a human/gorilla hybrid. I happen to like many horror and fantasy movies too though, so I’d rather the Fantastic Channel.

Berzerker
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Are you insulting Bruce Campbell?

dems fighting words… 👿

No, I would never. Remember Alien Apocalypse. The only reason I sat through the pile of crap was because of Bruce Campbell.

YOWAYYO
    Participant
    Berzerker wrote:

But then they went more in detail, saying that this giant clusterf*&^ is actually just two individual separate bad movies. Once again SciFi you raised my hopes on something and just ruined it, just like you did with ‘Cool Whip.’

Funny, I thought it was one movie as well. I was quite suspicious of it, too, and I watch some pretty bad sci-fi shows.

Speaking of Bruce Campbell…I am a casual fan. He’s kind of a ham but in a good way and he has definately eeked out a good career for himself. Anyway, I noticed one of the local movie theaters showing someing called (and I paraphrase) “Q and A with Bruce Campbell.” Anyone see it? Anyone heard of it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.