Totally Recalled

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Tonite was an excellent episode! It’s hard to believe that it was written by the same guy who did last weeks pile of crap. I noticed an improvement in the animation, jokes, and plot. The episode even had a scifi slant, which is something we haven’t seen the pilot. Definatly a great episode! I’ll have the review done tommorrow evening.

What did the rest of you think of it?

kamisama103
    Participant

Great episode. I loved it… i like the whole “I spilled water” thing with Benito… funny stuff…

kamisama103
    Participant

Also, they showed a great close-up on Six’s eyes… she has great eyes. Big and blue…

Anonymous

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Baltar leader of the cylons in the original BG series? (He’s a semi-evil programmer in the new BG)

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Baltar leader of the cylons in the original BG series? (He’s a semi-evil programmer in the new BG)

I’m not sure if he was the leader, but he was a leader.

For purposes of autolinks on this site, I’m going to spell the TtR character’s name Balltar, rather then Baltar. Besides the extra “L” gives it a sexual pun. It’s hard enough that the two new shows both share a sexy cyborg named Six. And most fans think Six (of One) is a parody of (Model #) Six (of 12). Which is a neat trick since TtR is 4 years older the BSG ’03

Headgehog
    Participant

Heres my review for Totally Recalled. I don’t think I really did the episode justice though.

theFrey
    Participant

Well I did stay up to watch it for you Hedge. The story line was okay, and I like the Gus character, but the animation kept distracting me. Some scenes were good and other were so clunky I kept wondering what on earth they were thinking when they did it.

Would I watch it again? Probably, Gus was pretty amusing.

bitters
    Participant

liked this one a lot.

Does Gus remind anyone else of David Hyde Pierce’s character on Fraiser?

Just me? okay.

:: walks away ::

CLR
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Well I did stay up to watch it for you Hedge. The story line was okay, and I like the Gus character, but the animation kept distracting me. Some scenes were good and other were so clunky I kept wondering what on earth they were thinking when they did it.

Would I watch it again? Probably, Gus was pretty amusing.

The animation inconsistency often happens in 3D and even 2D animated series/movies. This is what commonly happens when you don’t have or can’t afford an animation director.

An animation director bridges the gap between the director and lead animators. He/she takes into account what the scenes call for and what the director wants and maintains consistency between scenes and characters. Making sure a character maintains the same attitude and animation quality in every shot is a full-time job and a tough one.

Speaking of inconsistencies I was surprised to see lots of this in Shrek 2. They weren’t many animators, though; 50 animators is not a lot for the amount of content they had to produce.

Pixar movies have animation directors… yay!

Anonymous
    CLR wrote:

Pixar movies have animation directors… yay!

At least as importantly: they have writers!

CLR2
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

At least as importantly: they have writers!

๐Ÿ™„ I want a money tree. Someone sell me theirs…

kokopelli
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Heres my review for Totally Recalled. I don’t think I really did the episode justice though.

Link not working…

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sadgeez/public_html/html/modules/Reviews/index.php on line 1058

I liked this episode (6) tonight.. but somehow Episode 5 was skipped in the series.

Headgehog
    Participant
    kokopelli
    Participant

Got it!
    Space jumped episode 5 “The Devil and a guy named Webster” so I didn’t see that. I read your review panning it, but I still want to see it.

Don’t know why they jumped it. Maybe next week.

“Totally Recalled” was great!

Of course, Gus doesn’t want to join the revolution. He’s comfortable the way things are.
    He’s a “Remains of the Day” -bot .
    Balltar is not his style.

He’s a little like the depressed Robot in “Hitchiker’s Guide”.
    He like so totally wouln’t be comfortable being in command.
    How could he be insolent and sarcastic if he was in command?
    I found the ” gayism” was lighthearted and funny.
    After all that IS gus.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.