Trance theories (possible spoilers)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda Trance theories (possible spoilers)

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Wynne i have decided to put in a spoiler gap because some of our members may not have seen this ep yet.mary beth
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s
    p
    a
    c
    e
    It keeps gnawing at me, and has ever since “Pitiless as the Sun.” What the hell is she?

My most coherent thoughts were this: Maybe she’s a sentient galaxy contained in a human-like body. Some kind of avatar of a solar system, like Rommie is Andromeda’s avatar. A space dryad. She can’t die unless her corner of the universe dies, and that’s why the professor was able to see space through her eyeballs, because space is inside her body. Sort of.

I fear that some of these ideas may bring up questions about my sanity, but I never claimed to be sane. Never, I tell you!

[ 17-01-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

wynne, you have given me something to think about. give me a couple of days and i will get back to you with my original theroy and how it might have changed.

Anonymous

wynne, you have given me something to think about. give me a couple of days and i will get back to you with my original theroy and how it might have changed.

Anonymous

Hmm.. Trance’s true nature is something I’ve been mulling over a bit.. here’s my thoughts.

I wouldn’t say she’s a self-contained universe as you say.. more like ancient being hiding her true power.
    2×09 – Into the Labyrinth let loose a few tidbits of info about a purple naked being worshipped as a goddess – to that i’d say that her kind were either technologivally advanced, or are omnipotent super-beings (similar to Q from ST:TNG).. now the fact she is very defensive about not wanting Harper to look at it any further says to me that she or her kind have done some terrible things in the past, or something about her kind that no-one should ever know.. more to the point, if she is a super-being, you think she’ll be the one to fight ‘Abyss’ and destroy the God of the Magog?

Anyway, we’ll find out more as the season rolls on.

Anonymous

Hmm.. Trance’s true nature is something I’ve been mulling over a bit.. here’s my thoughts.

I wouldn’t say she’s a self-contained universe as you say.. more like ancient being hiding her true power.
    2×09 – Into the Labyrinth let loose a few tidbits of info about a purple naked being worshipped as a goddess – to that i’d say that her kind were either technologivally advanced, or are omnipotent super-beings (similar to Q from ST:TNG).. now the fact she is very defensive about not wanting Harper to look at it any further says to me that she or her kind have done some terrible things in the past, or something about her kind that no-one should ever know.. more to the point, if she is a super-being, you think she’ll be the one to fight ‘Abyss’ and destroy the God of the Magog?

Anyway, we’ll find out more as the season rolls on.

Anonymous

My theory is this:

Trance is the same type of creature that the Chaos-entity worshiped by the Magog are.

For those that dont know Magog is a biblical reference. If I remember right having something to do with Revelations where the Gog and Magog meet and destroy each other in the final days of Earth. My Judai-Christian research is very weak so I could very well be mis-quoting.

anyway back the point.

While she might not be the same creature I think they are of the same tier. Trance is clearly some kind of inter-dimensional creature. Thats also why she cant handle slipstream very well among other things. I dont think she was lying when she spoke about her race being extemely ancient and bored.

As an inter-dimensional being she has the ability to see into the twists and turns of reality which is why she can somewhat see the future based on the path they are currently on.

She may have some sort of “Grand Destiny” or not, I think thats something the writers will base off reaction to the series.

Next ep apparantly Trance meets another Trance(herself) from the future, sorry if thats a spoiler :/ This should reveal a bit more then about her.

edit: The theory about the galaxies is a good one, I hadent thought of it that way. It also fits in with how slipstream effects her.

[ 28-01-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

Anonymous

My theory is this:

Trance is the same type of creature that the Chaos-entity worshiped by the Magog are.

For those that dont know Magog is a biblical reference. If I remember right having something to do with Revelations where the Gog and Magog meet and destroy each other in the final days of Earth. My Judai-Christian research is very weak so I could very well be mis-quoting.

anyway back the point.

While she might not be the same creature I think they are of the same tier. Trance is clearly some kind of inter-dimensional creature. Thats also why she cant handle slipstream very well among other things. I dont think she was lying when she spoke about her race being extemely ancient and bored.

As an inter-dimensional being she has the ability to see into the twists and turns of reality which is why she can somewhat see the future based on the path they are currently on.

She may have some sort of “Grand Destiny” or not, I think thats something the writers will base off reaction to the series.

Next ep apparantly Trance meets another Trance(herself) from the future, sorry if thats a spoiler :/ This should reveal a bit more then about her.

edit: The theory about the galaxies is a good one, I hadent thought of it that way. It also fits in with how slipstream effects her.

[ 28-01-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

Anonymous

thanks LexxLurker. this next ep sounds great! finally we get to know more about Trances race! i guess i need to post my reply in this thread before tomorrow night, hehe i will think a little more on the subject and post it tomorrow after work.

Anonymous

thanks LexxLurker. this next ep sounds great! finally we get to know more about Trances race! i guess i need to post my reply in this thread before tomorrow night, hehe i will think a little more on the subject and post it tomorrow after work.

Anonymous

i found something that talks about your reference to the religious aspect of the Magog. the site is ]www.gobedo.com/ezekiel.htm]
    i apologize for the religious content if it offends someone.
    i will post the pertinent info here if you do not want to go to the site. it is a very long page! and all the info about the Magog is at the bottom!
    At the appointed time (Ezekiel 38:10-12) there would have been a king named Gog who would rule over a territory in the far north called Magog. (38:15) This evil king would stir up all the nations against Jerusalem. (38:14). Gog would surround the people of God to destroy them and God who would be dwelling among them. God would then send fire, hailstone and burning sulfur upon all the wicked and Gog and destroy them. (39:11)
    Ezekiel 39 gives more detail to the destruction of sin and sinners. It points out the weapons of Gog would be used for fuel by Israel for seven years. Also, Gog and his armies would have been buried in the valley so all could see what happens when there is rebellion against God. (39:21-23) As far as the Hebrews were concerned destruction always comes from the North. (Jeremiah 1:14; 4:6; 6:1,222, 25:9.) When Satan comes before the Second Coming, Daniel calls him the king of the North because he is the destroyer. (Daniel 11:36-45, Revelation 9:11)
    And they have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon. Revelation 9:11
    Just as Ezekiel saw in chapter 38 and 39 the wicked will surround the “New Jerusalem”.
    And when the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. Revelation 20:7-9
    i myself am not a religious person i believe in the spiritual side of a person. i have too many problems with the way ‘religion’ is handled by the masses. and any religion that condones violence is not a religion but simply a very bad cult. i again apologize for the content of this post.
    mary beth
    edited for spelling

[ 28-01-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

i found something that talks about your reference to the religious aspect of the Magog. the site is ]www.gobedo.com/ezekiel.htm]
    i apologize for the religious content if it offends someone.
    i will post the pertinent info here if you do not want to go to the site. it is a very long page! and all the info about the Magog is at the bottom!
    At the appointed time (Ezekiel 38:10-12) there would have been a king named Gog who would rule over a territory in the far north called Magog. (38:15) This evil king would stir up all the nations against Jerusalem. (38:14). Gog would surround the people of God to destroy them and God who would be dwelling among them. God would then send fire, hailstone and burning sulfur upon all the wicked and Gog and destroy them. (39:11)
    Ezekiel 39 gives more detail to the destruction of sin and sinners. It points out the weapons of Gog would be used for fuel by Israel for seven years. Also, Gog and his armies would have been buried in the valley so all could see what happens when there is rebellion against God. (39:21-23) As far as the Hebrews were concerned destruction always comes from the North. (Jeremiah 1:14; 4:6; 6:1,222, 25:9.) When Satan comes before the Second Coming, Daniel calls him the king of the North because he is the destroyer. (Daniel 11:36-45, Revelation 9:11)
    And they have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon. Revelation 9:11
    Just as Ezekiel saw in chapter 38 and 39 the wicked will surround the “New Jerusalem”.
    And when the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. Revelation 20:7-9
    i myself am not a religious person i believe in the spiritual side of a person. i have too many problems with the way ‘religion’ is handled by the masses. and any religion that condones violence is not a religion but simply a very bad cult. i again apologize for the content of this post.
    mary beth
    edited for spelling

[ 28-01-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

sorry! the url that i placed in my earlier post doesn’t take you to the page i was talking about but to the whole site. i did post the section about the Gog and Magog though. i did find the reference to the ‘abyss’ interesting.

Anonymous

sorry! the url that i placed in my earlier post doesn’t take you to the page i was talking about but to the whole site. i did post the section about the Gog and Magog though. i did find the reference to the ‘abyss’ interesting.

Anonymous

ok now about Trance.
    at first i thought she was a member of an interesting and rare race then i saw Harper 2.0 and i started thinking maybe there is more to this cute little purple critter! this second season has given some us more hints. now i believe that she is a member of a very old race that has certain abilities which may make them appear to be godlike to underdeveloped races. i also think that they may have some sort of destiny thing going on. because of their success with probabilities some of them may realize that they belong at a certain place at a certain time in order for the probabilities to come true. i think that Trance knows that she is nessecary to Andromedas mission and that it is her destiny.
    BTW IMHO i think that the galaxy or universe in her eye was just a special effect to show the unfathomable depths of her and her race.

Anonymous

ok now about Trance.
    at first i thought she was a member of an interesting and rare race then i saw Harper 2.0 and i started thinking maybe there is more to this cute little purple critter! this second season has given some us more hints. now i believe that she is a member of a very old race that has certain abilities which may make them appear to be godlike to underdeveloped races. i also think that they may have some sort of destiny thing going on. because of their success with probabilities some of them may realize that they belong at a certain place at a certain time in order for the probabilities to come true. i think that Trance knows that she is nessecary to Andromedas mission and that it is her destiny.
    BTW IMHO i think that the galaxy or universe in her eye was just a special effect to show the unfathomable depths of her and her race.

Anonymous

Hmmm, what about this?

She is from a sort of powerfull, evil alien (Former evil, anyway) that has been and made some troubbles on earth and made peapol call them the devil?

Anonymous

Hmmm, what about this?

She is from a sort of powerfull, evil alien (Former evil, anyway) that has been and made some troubbles on earth and made peapol call them the devil?

Anonymous

In one episode, she brings the Andromeda back through time, because she was not capable of piloting through the slipstream. There in the past, Andromeda’s crew play a historic part in preventing the Nietzscheans from becoming the dominant species in the galaxy( the Witchhead nebula battle ). Yet, at the end of the first season, she performs several successful slipstream jumps under Andromeda’s orders, this time with no errors.

Is it possible that she lies about not being able to fly through the slipstream? I think that the time jump was not an accident but something she did on purpose for her own reasons. Why would she want to stop the Nietzscheans supremacy? She is the only one who knows and is not telling.

Anonymous

In one episode, she brings the Andromeda back through time, because she was not capable of piloting through the slipstream. There in the past, Andromeda’s crew play a historic part in preventing the Nietzscheans from becoming the dominant species in the galaxy( the Witchhead nebula battle ). Yet, at the end of the first season, she performs several successful slipstream jumps under Andromeda’s orders, this time with no errors.

Is it possible that she lies about not being able to fly through the slipstream? I think that the time jump was not an accident but something she did on purpose for her own reasons. Why would she want to stop the Nietzscheans supremacy? She is the only one who knows and is not telling.

Anonymous

quote:

i was wondering about that too.

Anonymous

quote:

i was wondering about that too.

Anonymous

I’ve been playing Planescape:Torment lately and there I met this cute girl with a thousand sisters. Then it dawned to me…

What fantasy creature has a pinkish colour, beautiful female appearance, a long tail, is undead( Dance of the Mayflies ) and is designed for sex( Pitiless as the Sun )?

Andromeda’s male crew members better watch out. Succuba is among them!

Anonymous

I’ve been playing Planescape:Torment lately and there I met this cute girl with a thousand sisters. Then it dawned to me…

What fantasy creature has a pinkish colour, beautiful female appearance, a long tail, is undead( Dance of the Mayflies ) and is designed for sex( Pitiless as the Sun )?

Andromeda’s male crew members better watch out. Succuba is among them!

Anonymous

i would realy prefere to write this in in a fan fic page but there isnt a andromeda one.

anywhay my baisc plot/theory is

trance is of mixed race

the red and blue aliens live on the same planet and the red basicaly enslave the blue

the red are so powerful the average blues belive them to be gods (this is helped by the long lives and coming back from the dead)

however some blues dont belive this and have there own powers (or at lest try and get them)

the red are parinoid about this and therefore kill any “heritics” and all the mixed children “misteriously die” by the time they are about 5 in case they may beray or attack the reds

trance is the only child known to have survived and is trying to keep her real identity a secret (hense not using her real name)

i have only seen 3 eps so i won’t be too suprised if this cannot happen

PS big ship + tiny crew = stress
    get andromeda a crew of almost mindless extas rather than mindles drones

Anonymous

i would realy prefere to write this in in a fan fic page but there isnt a andromeda one.

anywhay my baisc plot/theory is

trance is of mixed race

the red and blue aliens live on the same planet and the red basicaly enslave the blue

the red are so powerful the average blues belive them to be gods (this is helped by the long lives and coming back from the dead)

however some blues dont belive this and have there own powers (or at lest try and get them)

the red are parinoid about this and therefore kill any “heritics” and all the mixed children “misteriously die” by the time they are about 5 in case they may beray or attack the reds

trance is the only child known to have survived and is trying to keep her real identity a secret (hense not using her real name)

i have only seen 3 eps so i won’t be too suprised if this cannot happen

PS big ship + tiny crew = stress
    get andromeda a crew of almost mindless extas rather than mindles drones

Anonymous

Perhaps if Nietzscheans were completely dominant in the universe they would find it great proof of one’s genetics if they hunted down and captured/killed (if that’s even possible) a member of Trance’s species?

Or a genocide to wipe out the species?

Anonymous

Perhaps if Nietzscheans were completely dominant in the universe they would find it great proof of one’s genetics if they hunted down and captured/killed (if that’s even possible) a member of Trance’s species?

Or a genocide to wipe out the species?

Anonymous

MAYBE you’re right
    but whats about her tail?

well how ever

did u ever seen BABYLON 5

WELL THERE ARE THE EXTREEMLY OLDS WHICH LEAVE THE GALAXI TO EXPLORE.

WELL WHAT IF TRANCE IS SOOO OLD THAT SHE WAS THE FIRST “LIVEFORM” CAME PROPABLY FROM OUTER UNIVERSE

WELL HOWEVER

SEND ME A MAIL TO DISCUS [email protected]

PS: I dont think that she is a super being
    just old and undestroyable

Anonymous

MAYBE you’re right
    but whats about her tail?

well how ever

did u ever seen BABYLON 5

WELL THERE ARE THE EXTREEMLY OLDS WHICH LEAVE THE GALAXI TO EXPLORE.

WELL WHAT IF TRANCE IS SOOO OLD THAT SHE WAS THE FIRST “LIVEFORM” CAME PROPABLY FROM OUTER UNIVERSE

WELL HOWEVER

SEND ME A MAIL TO DISCUS [email protected]

PS: I dont think that she is a super being
    just old and undestroyable

Anonymous

Gog and Magog are types of trees.

Anonymous

Gog and Magog are types of trees.

Anonymous

Anyone remember the ep with the engine of creation? *spoilers* where she met another of her kind. They had a very interesting conversation. I wish I could remember exactly what it was…

I still think they all look like devils

Anonymous

Anyone remember the ep with the engine of creation? *spoilers* where she met another of her kind. They had a very interesting conversation. I wish I could remember exactly what it was…

I still think they all look like devils

Anonymous

Been a while since I’ve been here…anyhoo I’ve just found some major evidence for a variation of Wynne’s theory from the most recent episode of season three (can’t remember the title)
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    The most recent episode begins with Trance gathering the crew together for some kind of vigil for a “dead” cousin of hers. She won’t say much about him except that he “gave life to many” and a few other vague things to that effect.
    A nearbly star is exploded by a Nova bomb so they find out who’s making them and go out to stop them. I won’t say too much else about the plot except how it applies to the Trance theory. Anyway, Trance seems to be taking these exploding stars a little personally and that’s where it clicked.

Trance’s race may be the avatars of stars. I’m not entirely sure about this but there’s a bunch more evidence for it.

-When they near the reactor that produces the–whatever the made up science fictiony element they use to explode stars is called–Trance begins to feel ill.
    -What was already said about the eyes and her race being very old and bored.
    -Trance’s sun tattoo on her back
    -The fact that she’s admitted to being neither alive nor dead, which could apply to avatars, immortals…or stars.
    -When she “grows up” she changed her appearance. Stars change state as they age so it could be representing that.
    -If stars are running around in human form, who knows where they’re motivations and moralities lie, or what their abilities are so they haven’t really done anything yet that would rule out the possibility.

I’ll keep an eye out for more.

Anonymous

Been a while since I’ve been here…anyhoo I’ve just found some major evidence for a variation of Wynne’s theory from the most recent episode of season three (can’t remember the title)
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    The most recent episode begins with Trance gathering the crew together for some kind of vigil for a “dead” cousin of hers. She won’t say much about him except that he “gave life to many” and a few other vague things to that effect.
    A nearbly star is exploded by a Nova bomb so they find out who’s making them and go out to stop them. I won’t say too much else about the plot except how it applies to the Trance theory. Anyway, Trance seems to be taking these exploding stars a little personally and that’s where it clicked.

Trance’s race may be the avatars of stars. I’m not entirely sure about this but there’s a bunch more evidence for it.

-When they near the reactor that produces the–whatever the made up science fictiony element they use to explode stars is called–Trance begins to feel ill.
    -What was already said about the eyes and her race being very old and bored.
    -Trance’s sun tattoo on her back
    -The fact that she’s admitted to being neither alive nor dead, which could apply to avatars, immortals…or stars.
    -When she “grows up” she changed her appearance. Stars change state as they age so it could be representing that.
    -If stars are running around in human form, who knows where they’re motivations and moralities lie, or what their abilities are so they haven’t really done anything yet that would rule out the possibility.

I’ll keep an eye out for more.

Anonymous

Or, it may simply be that the buggers behind Andromeda want a convenient deus ex machina for when they can’t find a reason for Dylan to do something heroic.

Anonymous

Or, it may simply be that the buggers behind Andromeda want a convenient deus ex machina for when they can’t find a reason for Dylan to do something heroic.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.