Trying to get Lexx back on TV

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Trying to get Lexx back on TV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Aly
    Participant

Basically it says it all in the title. I’m trying to get a repeat of Lexx in the UK on channel 5. Myself and another fan have emailed channel 5 but two people is not enough. if we can get anough people to email in then they will certainly think about it. We can try at least can’t we?

It’s unfair how the series has been shown so haphazardly and at the late time and I want people to have the chance to see this. With you writing in maybe we can do this!

Thanks

jerhume
    Participant

I’m with Aly on this – I know everyone’s got the DVDs, etc but Lexx merits more air time & better promotion than it ever got. ( Not just on C5, but also on sci-fi & other stations worldwide, apparently)

C5 have passed our mails on to its Acquisition Dept….enough mails could get some action.

New fans will emerge, if given the opportunity to watch & attune to the general weirdness that is Lexx.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

jerhume
    Participant

……………………..and C5’s address is [email protected]

Aly
    Participant

It;s true what Jerhume says. If I did not see Lexx on terrestrial TV then I would never have known about it and never have seen it at all! So give others a chance to be able to see it for themselves and get more fans!

corvina
    Participant

ok I agree with you guys…C5 should show Lexx from the beginning or at least from series 2 ..but lets face it it’s going to be scheduled late if at all because there were only a handful of S4 episodes that attracted even one ad slot so they don’t push the show much beyond a ‘filler’…..but I will mail them. ( I couldn’t stand it when S4 ended on C5 . sadgeezerette that I am I got the whole of Lexx on disc — and be assured the acorn releases are uncoded for region and will play on region two machines. Also the Acorn editions are better packaged than Contender versions)… . But I digress..Lexx really is so brilliant that it does deserve a proper airing and ther show does warrant a complete viewing to grasp the nuances of ‘the whole picture’.

jodi
    Participant

done ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Rin
    Participant

I mailed them, though its such a shame it had to finish at all.

XevsGondola
    Participant

Lexx is broadcast on the box in England
    Channel 5 UK
    4:30 in the morn’
    All of Season 4

what a crazy time of the night !

but its good nonetheless,

A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

Anonymous

I think it would be good if the 4 series of Lexx were edited down to half-hour episodes and shown earlier in the evening. More people could enjoy it that way.

theFrey
    Participant

Would it work though? Most programs that are going to be continued make sure to have a cliff-hanger/comeback hook in the right spot. They build, mini-cresendo, then build, major climax.

Would they be able to do that to Lexx without major re-cutting of the show?

Anonymous

The first series of Lexx consisted of 1 hour 50 min long episodes each of which was pretty much self-contained. If Lexx was edited down to 30 min or 25 min episodes it would be easy to create cliff hangers if you wanted to.

I would start with the beginning of series 2 where HDS explains what has been happening in the series up till then. This is an excellent introduction. Then you could go to HDS attacking Kai’s planet where Kai is killed, then 2000 years later on on The Cluster.

You could miss out some of the sleazy stuff and some of the boring stuff, like the stuff about the 2 universes that Stan has to listen to in his cubicle.

I have been thinking that maybe it would be good to have a narration all through, explaining what is happening. Lexx can be difficult to follow sometimes.

I have thought that you could shoot additional material. Maybe a man is captured by criminals and they want to kill him because he is no use to them. But he starts telling them stories and they keep him alive. He tells them about the Insect Wars, the rise of the Divine Order, the capture of the Lexx etc., almost like history. Bit like Homer recounting the Trojan War and the adventures of Odysseus.

Or you could have a school girl of the future trying to research the history of humans. Maybe the Prophetess could be involved.

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Those are the most stupid suggestions I’ve ever heard. The introduction with Stanley in the box, explaining about the Dark Zone is necessary. Reduced Lexx to 25 minute episode – awful! New heroes – Lexx is perfect as it is. Perhaps in a next season.

theFrey
    Participant

Different perhaps.

I am unsure how this would work without a major ton of cash to recut the show. I doublt if the extra material they might need still exists, and I know that AA has no interest in such a project.

I think what Lexx needs is to be leased to a cable channel that doesn’t dispise it the way sci-fi did. A bit of promotion, then perhaps a bit of judicious trimming (by someone who actually knows what the show is about!!) to fit in the extra commericals.

I am not fond of cutting shows for commericials, but you have to admit for the most part the removal of a minute or so of the more ‘clunky’ aspects of the show would make it flow better.

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

Different perhaps.

I am unsure how this would work without a major ton of cash to recut the show. I doublt if the extra material they might need still exists, and I know that AA has no interest in such a project.

When Channel 5 in England showed the first episode for the second time they cut it in half. I remember because I recorded it and only later realised that I hadn’t got the second half. I don’t see how it would have cost them anything to do that. It shouldn’t cost too much to recut it in a more intelligent manner. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘extra material’.

I think what Lexx needs is to be leased to a cable channel that doesn’t dispise it the way sci-fi did. A bit of promotion, then perhaps a bit of judicious trimming (by someone who actually knows what the show is about!!) to fit in the extra commericals.

Lexx is by no means perfect. The way that they exchanged Xev for Zev was ridiculous. It would have been much better if they had used a lusticon machine. This aspect could be glossed over if they recut it. I don’t think they should have made such a big deal about the 2 universes. I don’t think it was that important.

Sometimes when a show starts, one aspect of it may be regarded as important, even what the show is all about. Then people might realise that it adds little to the appeal. In England we had a kiddies’ show called Tellytubbies which was about creatures with TVs in their tummies. That is what it was ‘all about’. I don’t think it was an important aspect of the show, in fact it would have been better if they hadn’t had TVs in their tummies.

I am not fond of cutting shows for commericials, but you have to admit for the most part the removal of a minute or so of the more ‘clunky’ aspects of the show would make it flow better.

theFrey
    Participant

That is one of the things that would have to be consided. A straight cut could be done cheaply enough, but if you wanted to smooth out the story and edit out a few clunkers that would take a bit of money.

Perhaps someday, some AA underling trying to make a name for themselfs will push it as a way to milk more money out of the series.

Your idea of the lusticon would have definiately done a better job than Re-consitued goo. Perhaps there was an accident, and the only lusticon they could find was damaged? 790 effected repairs, but the fine tuning was off, giving them a short busty redhead instead of the blue frosted nymph they started with?

What else could have been fixed through some cutting and voice overs? Perhaps Lexx’s plot point hunger? He needs fed, needs fed, we don’t mention it again?

Anything else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.