“TunnelVision”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

What does tunnel vision mean to you? And does anyone know how many guest stars have had blue eyes??

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited May 01, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

Tunnel Vision means to me that all your seeing is the goal in front of you. That’s all you want. You don’t consider any other factors in getting to that goal. Who you may be hurting, helping, crawling over, whatever. Ooo, meaning from the Websters New World dictionary: a narrow outlook; specif., the focus of attention on a particular problem without proper regard for possible consequences or alternative approaches.

The physical meaning: you have no peripheral vision.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

I believe in this case, tunnel vision refers to Reveal’s obsession with eyes .

As to how many guest stars have had blue eyes, I guess it depends on who you consider a guest star. From the movies there was Barry Bostwick, Tim Curry, Rutger Hauer, and Malcolm McDowell. I believe Bostwick, Hauer, and McDowell all have blue eyes. Are we counting Ellen Dubin and Louise Wischermann? I don’t clearly remember what color eyes Louise has but I think they’re blue, too… Nigel also has blue eyes… who else are we considering a guest star? It could become a very very very long list since the only truly recurring characters are our three and a head crewmates, unless you count Nigel since he was in just about every episode if not all the episodes in season 3. I honestly can’t recall an episode in which he didn’t appear at some point… I’m sure there’s at least one but I’m drawing a blank. Aleck? FX? BlackCloud? DalekTek? For some reason I have this feeling one of you would know.

Anyway, that’s all I can think of right now.

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elfkin:
    Are we counting Ellen Dubin and Louise Wischermann? I don’t clearly remember what color eyes Louise has but I think they’re blue, too…

Ellen Dubin has brown eyes. Being a brown eyed girl myself, I notice these things.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:

Ellen Dubin has brown eyes. Being a brown eyed girl myself, I notice these things.

yup, second that, elfie’s in a chocolate and nicotine induced haze right now but i did do a double take when i read her missive …however, being massively fascinated by blue eyes i have to agree, there is a preponderance thereof…could be all the german guest stars are biasing things a bit…thank god mcmanus has hazel or i would start to feel a bit aryan ubermensch overwhelmed! anyway, aside from what reveal9 mentioned let us not forget eva habermann and wist although they were originally meant to be regulars before money/time/options fell short! lex gigeroff has brown eyes, but i think hirschfield might be blue…mantrid has startling brown, but i may be recalling him through an evil haze…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    yup, second that, elfie’s in a chocolate and nicotine induced haze right now but i did do a double take when i read her missive …however, being massively fascinated by blue eyes i have to agree, there is a preponderance thereof…could be all the german guest stars are biasing things a bit…thank god mcmanus has hazel or i would start to feel a bit aryan ubermensch overwhelmed! anyway, aside from what reveal9 mentioned let us not forget eva habermann and wist although they were originally meant to be regulars before money/time/options fell short! lex gigeroff has brown eyes, but i think hirschfield might be blue…mantrid has startling brown, but i may be recalling him through an evil haze…

bleah, ya read me wrong. Or I wrote me wrong. I know Ellen has brown eyes, I was referring to Louise. I was just wondering if we were counting Ellen Dubin and Louise Wischerman as guest stars or not and who else we’re considering guest stars.

nicotine and chocolate induced haze very pleasant experience… Oooo… hehehe…

Anonymous

I can’t remember her name, but the person that played Wist in Eating Pattern also had blue eyes.
    J hirschfield has blue eyes as well.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    I can’t remember her name, but the person that played Wist in Eating Pattern also had blue eyes.
    J hirschfield has blue eyes as well.

Wist = Doreen Jacobi. I’d forgotten about Wist (don’t know how I could have, but I did). Thank you FX and nwmoniker for reminding me .

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elfkin:
    bleah, ya read me wrong. Or I wrote me wrong. I know Ellen has brown eyes, I was referring to Louise. I was just wondering if we were counting Ellen Dubin and Louise Wischerman as guest stars or not and who else we’re considering guest stars.

nicotine and chocolate induced haze very pleasant experience… Oooo… hehehe…

Ah! my bad, and my apoligies. I get my replacement glasses/contacts soon, so I will be reading things a bit better. yeah! I’m so tired of squinting and blurry soft edges on words.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Ah! my bad, and my apoligies. I get my replacement glasses/contacts soon, so I will be reading things a bit better. yeah! I’m so tired of squinting and blurry soft edges on words.

I know what you mean Trillian. I’m wondering if there was something wrong with my vision while watching “Tunnels” again. Did anyone else notice that Prince was missing his lip ring? It was only for one scene, I think?

The eyes are the windows to the soul. It’s not so much the color, It’s whether there is that sparkle of life in them or not. It all has to do with vision. Isn’t that what love is,”TunnelVision?”
    I only have eyes for….?

By the way, how does a dead person really see what it is that I’m trying to communicate concerning the emotion called love?
    Poor Xev, I really feel for her dilemma.

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited May 03, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Reveal7:
    Did anyone else notice that Prince was missing his lip ring? It was only for one scene, I think?

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited May 03, 2001).]

yup, if your interested in hearing some of the thoughts the first airing of this episode in the usa inspired please see http://www.sadgeezer.com/ubb/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20010225-5-000014.html
    the archives contain all that has passed here until march, from the ridiculous to the sublime

trillian
    Participant

Just an update, I GOT MY GLASSES! weeee.

I can see, I can see, I can see! And driving is a whole new experience now. heheheh.

——————

Anonymous

Prince wasn’t in “The Key” or “Garden”. I think…..this is just of the top of my head so don’t crucify me if I’m wrong!!

——————
    “My world is unaffected, there is an exit here. I say it is and it’s true. There is a dream inside a dream, I’m wide awake the more I sleep. You’ll understand when I’m dead. I went to God just to see and I was looking at me. Saw Heaven and Hell were lies, when I’m God every one dies…”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    yup, if your interested in hearing some of the thoughts the first airing of this episode in the usa inspired please see http://www.sadgeezer.com/ubb/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20010225-5-000014.html
    the archives contain all that has passed here until march, from the ridiculous to the sublime

FX – Thanks so much for the added info. I am indeed always interested in what others have to say.

Elfkin – I must have had tunnel vision when I viewed “Tunnels” the first time around, because I think that I was fixated on Prince’s blue eyes. It was only on the second viewing that I noticed that the lip ring was missing and just think, Kai wasn’t anywhere around so that one could actually concentrate on something else.

Trillian – Congratulations!!!

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited May 04, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    Prince wasn’t in “The Key” or “Garden”. I think…..this is just of the top of my head so don’t crucify me if I’m wrong!!

Thanks Reveal7.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS SEASON 3
    Nigel I don’t think appeared in “The Key” BUT technically, Prince was in “The Key”, so if you wanna be really anal about it, Prince was in that one. I’m not sure if they did a quick show of him in any capacity in “Garden” or not. Did he appear in Xev’s “trip”?

——————

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited May 04, 2001).]

NOTE: I had to edit this message because the excessive use ofg the * character mad the page almost unreadable.

Please would users try not to use too many character without spaces in between. EG, very long url’s will make the page wider than normal and using underscore in the same way will make the page as wide as it takes to fit all the characters on one line.

Thanks
    Sad.

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited May 05, 2001).]

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hey Everyone!!! I just wanted to know if any one knew why all the pages are all stretched out !! I mean its really annoying!! !

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

trillian
    Participant

OOo, sorry about that Sad. I wondered if that was because of that. I had tried to put in some spacing between the warning and the paragraph, but it wouldn’t take. So I thought the stars might do. Guess not.

Anonymous

quote:

OOo, sorry about that Sad…..

No problem, it’s a fault in the board software – not your message

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:
    Hey Everyone!!! I just wanted to know if any one knew why all the pages are all stretched out !! I mean its really annoying!! !

hey christine, long time no see, how the hell are ya? as you can see we have digressed from our original topic regarding the preponderance of blue eyes on lexx (except for the all-important kaieyes )

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.