TVGuide rips us off!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

okay not really, but they must be getting awfull bored. This week TVGuides cover story: Top 25 Sci-Fi Heroes (not joking)

Among the top list: George Jetson (again; not joking) some guy from Dark Angel, Dick Solomon from 3rd Rock from the Sun (that was Sci-Fi????)

Others on the list..Crichton, Jeri Ryan, and your usual uninspired good looking guys and gals.

baconz
    Participant

It does seem like a rather dull topic. Haven’t seen the issue. Suppose its a good question in a way, though. Who would be on your list? Does it have to be a character? Otherwise, I’d say Roddenbury, Rod Serling. Guess you’d have to have Kirk and Spock. Beyond them, who was really inspiring?

Anonymous
    baconz wrote:

It does seem like a rather dull topic. Haven’t seen the issue. Suppose its a good question in a way, though. Who would be on your list? Does it have to be a character? Otherwise, I’d say Roddenbury, Rod Serling. Guess you’d have to have Kirk and Spock. Beyond them, who was really inspiring?

Welcome aboard Baconz!

If you want to have a go (Rod Serling would be on my list too, along with HG Wells and a few others) try our Sci-Fi Heroes and Villian threads, I’d love to hear your input!

Heroes

Villians

Good, bad, I’m the guy with the gun.

lizard
    Participant

One of my favorite hero-villians (yes, a hero and villian) is that shag carpet/ pepperoni pizza monster from the original star trek. The one that could tunnel through solid rock and was only killing people to protect its eggs. The communion between it and spock was very touching.

nursewhen
    Participant

“NO KILL I”
    “Eh wassit mean? Wassit mean? Spock, glue yer head to that shag pile carpet pepperoni pizza thing”
    “Pain! PAIN! Mourn for the little shag pile carpet pepperoni pizza munchkins….”

Sorry, for the impromptu performance.
    I love that episode too. When I watched it when I was little, all those caverns full of smashed eggs made me cry. 😥

nursewhen
    Participant

On from there, I was always inspired by Servalan from Blake’s 7.
    How many women can struggle over a sand dune wearing a slinky white, satin evening gown, high heeled shoes and a gun and still maintain her dignity?

Not to mention she snogged both Avon AND Tarrant. *sigh*

I was pretty inspired by Avon too *dribble*

KarubaLuna
    Participant
    lizard wrote:

One of my favorite hero-villians (yes, a hero and villian) is that shag carpet/ pepperoni pizza monster from the original star trek. The one that could tunnel through solid rock and was only killing people to protect its eggs. The communion between it and spock was very touching.

I LOVE that creature. I think it is called a horta. Nursie does a very good impression of it. I have a friend who is as odd as I am. We call a really big pimple a horta and do the “No kill I” impression whenever we see one. It draws strange looks in a social setting but we enjoy ourselves. Even when it is one of us afflicted with a horta. Did I mention I was odd?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.