Twelve Cylon Models

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

So we know that there are twelve Cylon models, but was that twelve human-type models, or just generally?

If you count the models we’ve seen so far, there are seven:

Number Six
    Boomer
    Aaron Doral
    Leoben Conoy
    Original series Cylon (on a museum stand in the mini-series)
    New shiny CGI Cylon
    Bio-ship

But if they meant human-type, there are still eight possible phenotypes that could have infiltrated the fleet. Why aren’t they doing more damage? And why not send a complete unknown to blow up Galactica, instead of the one guy who is likely to be recognised?

Headgehog
    Participant

Spoilers ahoy!

”maryavatar” wrote:

So we know that there are twelve Cylon models, but was that twelve human-type models, or just generally?

I think they are referring to the human-type cylons. Which would leave us with eight unknowns.

And why not send a complete unknown to blow up Galactica, instead of the one guy who is likely to be recognised?

Poetic justice? If they revealed the other eight cylons to the audience, then there wouldn’t be any suspense or drama for us. It would ultimately put a damper on the show.

Also by showing all 12 models immediately, they limit themselves when it comes to casting later on in the series.

Why aren’t they doing more damage?

They have been! Remember that only 17 days have past so far. At least 5.5 of those days were spent running from the cylons because of one or more cylon agents aboard the Olympic Carrier.

A few days after that, Boomer takes out the fleets water supply. And almost blows herself up when she finds more water a day later. A week after that, Doral blows himself up, while presumably trying to destroy the cylon detector. This averages out to one attack every few days. Which is a lot considering their limited numbers.

Furthermore, if they all attacked at once, and the humans gain control of the situation, they wouldn’t have any opportunity to further weaken/destroy the fleet. And as mentioned earlier, it would kill future plotlines.

Sci -Fi
    Participant

And why not send a complete unknown to blow up Galactica, instead of the one guy who is likely to be recognized?

Just to add:

It would make sense to send in Doral at this point instead of using Boomer or another Cylon replicant. Not too many people know that he was a suspected Cylon, plus he was seen walking around apparently with free access to the ship prior to the attack on the colonies. So if one was a familiar sight to personnel/security, the less chance of being stopped and questioned/detained.

Most of the bio-cylons we have seen so far are placed in trusted but relatively invisible support positions or behind the scenes personnel. Those are the hardest to detect since it would be easy to point the finger elsewhere or have a solid cover story. Also being somebody that appears to be trying to helpful and viewed as harmless adds to the deception. In the case of “6”, having an egotistical boss that takes credit for all your work helps too and she probably plays up the dumb blonde angle too.

๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

“And they have a Plan”

That quote from the opening really sticks to me. I personally think there’s far more going on than just Cylons trying to kill Humans. If that’s all they wanted I think they could’ve easily destroyed them already.

From the conversations between Six and Doral (what # is he, I wonder) it’s clear that not everyone agrees philosophically on the subject of “Humans”. I think in the next few weeks we’re going to find out there’s a great deal of parellels between Helo and the entire BSG&Fleet. They’re all mice in the maze. But for what reason, I cannot fathom yet.

But we’ll see ๐Ÿ˜‰

What’s guarenteed *NOT* to happen is what I would do. Personally I think it’d be really cool to find out that the Cylons are getting their ass kicked too, by some unseen force. And this is why Humans and Cylon haven’t seen in each other in ages (The Cylons were off in another war). Now the Cylons are back, but only because they were getting pushed into Human space. But then again I’ve been reading far too much Dune lately ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Requiem
    Participant

Personally I think it’d be really cool to find out that the Cylons are getting their ass kicked too, by some unseen force. And this is why Humans and Cylon haven’t seen in each other in ages (The Cylons were off in another war). Now the Cylons are back, but only because they were getting pushed into Human space. But then again I’ve been reading far too much Dune lately

:)
    really nice imagination(Unfortunately I have to agree ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

I guess you’ve already know a PC game named SC(Starcraft) including three forces,so I really hope the third force could join in this amazing show.

P.S. if you’re a SC big fan,you may find out in 2003 miniseries a plot
    looks familiar-when Starbuck realized the Cylon fleet is above her head(it’s almost as same as one CG plot in Zerg force) ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Headgehog
    Participant
    Requiem wrote:

looks familiar-when Starbuck realized the Cylon fleet is above her head(it’s almost as same as one CG plot in Zerg force) ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

I’m a major SC fan (when wil they make SC2?), but I can’t remember which scene your reffering to. Which missions was it in between?

Requiem
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Requiem wrote:

I’m a major SC fan (when wil they make SC2?), but I can’t remember which scene your reffering to. Which missions was it in between?[/quote]

hehe,it’s from original not the expansion
    I don’t really remember which mission
    But I’m sure it’s after the Zerg can create the”Guardian”
    In fact ,the Guardian really looks like a Cylon Raider from that angle

the Zerg’s battle units are all flying over the city,wait…it could be in
    the Terrain mission or the Protoss’,ah….I feel dizzy….. ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.