Uncon 2001

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The cast and crew of Lexx send their thanks for the support the fans have shown them the last three seasons and look forward to next season.

[This message has been edited by nwmonikr (edited February 23, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    hello fellow geezers, Lexx Fan Club N. American Division chief info artist Terri has just returned from Salter and Electropolis and will be working with them for the UnCon the 3rd or 4th week in June. She has been to the set of season four and wants to pass the thanks of the cast and crew of Lexx to US, the fans, for our support and loyalty. she has said she will have the date for all the doings by next Monday or Tuesday. More to follow as she recovers from jet lag.

woo woo, three cheers for Terri!

Hipp hipp hooray
    hipp hipp hooray
    hipp hipp hooray!

Thanks for all the work y’all are doing on this. I don’t even know if I can go yet, but I’m still excited.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

{This part of the message has been edited by SadGeezer … please refer to the post: Old News}at once

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited February 24, 2001).]

Anonymous

{This part of the message has been edited by SadGeezer … please refer to the post: Old News}

I think we should make it clear that we are NOT expecting Salter Street to make any other arrangements than to ‘put up with us’ and hopefully meet with them during our visit.

The first UNCON was a great success because it was organised under the premise that it was where a great many online friends could get together over a few drinks in the ‘Shoe’ and finally meet up face to face in the town where their fave show was made. The fact that Salter Street were so wonderfully hospitable was a bonus.

This board was set up so that fans wanting to make the pilgrimage from around the world could make their OWN arrangements for accomodation and things to do. The date business is to try and give our friends at Salter Street some prior notice and hopefully a chance to meet up with them and some fo the cast and crew.

Lots has gone on at Salter Street in the last couple of weeks and I guess they have a lot of other things on their mind. I nearly made it to last years UNCON (Died my hair blonde and everything ) but got stranded in New York. Mine and NewKate’s biggest regret was not meeting up with Cookie and all our other online LEXXian pals.

I’ll be sending an email to Terri and Renee to inform them of our activities and see if they would like to contribute.

{This part of the message has been edited by SadGeezer … please refer to the post: Old News}

I’m sure they would both be supportive – I certainly am!

——————

Anonymous

necro
    Participant

Anonymous

The North American division is not trying to ignore the rest of the fans worldwide. I’m sorry if that was the impression my post left with you. I have since edited most of the post out rather than cause a big stink.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:

umm sad we seem to have lost your reply…look ladies, i for one appreciate all the effort that you all are going throught as well as the money since i am looking forward to meeting you and buying you some drinks and hopefully getting to drool over our favorite cast and crew together…please dont let’s fight, i know everyone is tired and frustrated but there really are no bad intentions just a lot of eagerness impatience and bad communications so come on guys i really thank you for everything, especially in person when it all comes together

Anonymous

I can’t dissagree with that, {above two posts}

Hmmm. I deleted the rest of the message, I’m probably just being paranoid.

and nwmonikr – it’s not YOUR post that was the worry. It was

——————

trillian
    Participant

NO, NO, NO. I thought you all were working together. I’m so sorry. *sigh* This is were I come for the info. I know where to find it, it’s in one handy dandy place. I was cheering for you all.

I’m majorly upset.

necro
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:
    NO, NO, NO. I thought you all were working together. I’m so sorry. *sigh* This is were I come for the info. I know where to find it, it’s in one handy dandy place. I was cheering for you all.

I’m majorly upset.

Please don’t feel badly trillian…better that we all know what we have to work with in order to put this whole regretable incident behind us and move forward.

Hopefully all towards the same goal.

Necro

Anonymous

The message contained a number of emails

Anonymous

The message contained copies of email correspondance

Anonymous

Anonymous

The message contained copies and comments of email correspondance

Anonymous

Anonymous

Hello Humans,

Okay, so I’ve been following this drama here and on the LexxBored all day (it’s been a long day). I feel silly sticking my nose into this UnCon business seeing as I won’t be attending this year, but now that I’ve started I’m trying to see it through

The message contained some very useful comments from Rach…

See you in the next cycle of time,
    Rachel

Anonymous

With apologies to all concerned I merely posted these emails in order that those reading this board can form their own conclusions, as to what they are that is up to each one of us.

I only heard about this second hand…oh and nec wasn’t sent the email that her fellow NA fanclub members got, btw….which is why I don’t have a copy of it

I have thrown out an oilve branch but as to whether it will be accepted I don’t know.

Anonymous

…nec wasn’t sent the email that her fellow NA fanclub members got, btw….which is why I don’t have a copy of it

The email was actually a posting to the NAD fanclub e-groups (now Yahoogroups) list, it was not sent individually.

Jacha and necro, I feel terrible about this whole situation, you both worked hard, and I hope things can be worked out. I’d love to buy you both a drink in Halifax.

Kali

Anonymous

okay put the swords away.

A compromise has been reached between Terri and myself in that Terri is going to do the running about round Halifax and liaison with salter…and I think she’s gonna need a lot of stamina to juggle everything we throw at her

Thanks for taking my olive branch, Terri

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jacha:

A compromise has been reached between Terri and myself in that Terri is going to do the running about round Halifax and liaison with salter…and I think she’s gonna need a lot of stamina to juggle everything we throw at her

Yay!! Thank you Jacha!! I’m glad that we can all co-operate together…I loved last year’s UnCon, it was such a blast, and I can’t wait for this year’s. I look forward to meeting all of the fans again!
    Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.
    Long live Lexx!

Renee

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jacha:

Well, thank goodness for this. I was more than a little concerned about what was appearing to be bad blood amongst the folks here, and being a relative stranger ’round here myself, I was loathe to offer any opinions.
    Having been involved in organizing a few things myself in the past (working in various capacities with various sci-fi cons), as well as being in the positions that I see both sides are on, I can completely understand where all of you are coming from. Organizing a (un)convention of any sort is a hard, stressful, and annoying thing to be a part of, full of unexpected and what appear to be unneccesary complications. And, as LEXX gains popularity, these elements can only grow larger, leading to more and more miscommunication and misunderstanding. And, with the corporate shift going on at Salter, I’m amazed that things are going as smoothly as they are. They’re in the midst of producing several television shows, dealing with a change of ownership, and having to deal with about a million calls a day from our offices alone . It only shows a great commitment to the fans of the show that they’re devoting the kind of time and attention that they currently are. If miscommunications were made, misunderstandings took place, or entire chunks of conversations were forgotten, as frustrating as that can be, we have to remember that these things happen, and attempt to happily move on.
    I’m glad that a sense of cooperation has prevailed among the people involved. As I see it, having more people involved in the planning/communication/arranging/whatever can only help to make things run more smoothly, and will end up benefiting *everyone*.

Now that I’ve been extremely long-winded (my wind is about 20 feet longer than usual!) and tiresome, I’ll shut up.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Well, thank goodness for this. I was more than a little concerned about what was appearing to be bad blood amongst the folks here…….

….. Now that I’ve been extremely long-winded (my wind is about 20 feet longer than usual!) and tiresome, I’ll shut up.

Aleck, yer a very cool person by the way! I think you encapsulated all my (and I suspect a few other distressed fans) feelings and expressed them most nobly. Thankyou

And on that note…

I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE THIS THREAD.

{PLEASE NOTE: This is done without necro and Jacha’s permission, but I honestly think that the thread is getting too long and it needs re-formatting – and I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.}

It’s been an interesting if distressing 48 hours and I’ll be glad when Salter Street can actually confirm a date for us to visit so that we can begin making arrangements.

I WILL POST A NEW THREAD ON THE BOARD LINKING THIS ONE TO SAVE LOAD TIMES AND GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO FIX THE FORMATTING PROBLEMS

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited February 23, 2001).]

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.