UsCon in Lexx Vegas

Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions UsCon in Lexx Vegas

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #38340
    theFrey
    Participant

    A group to explore the setting up of a meet and greet between fans in the United States this Spring. Lexx Vegas has been mentioned on other groups, so that is where we are shooting for this year. It was suggested Lexx UsCon could become a movable Lexx Vacation, visit a new place and see your freinds at the same time. Next year?? Who know, Lexx Orleans?? Albuquerque New Lexxico, or maybe the Lexxordia Keys.

    Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UsCon

    A lot of interest was expressed, so I would like to nail down a date fairly soon. With airfares so cheap, now would be a great time to get tickets. Some of the feeback I got from previous emails was that feb/march might be too early for some, and that Lexx Vegas gets too cold at night then. So I checked the weather, guess what, they are right!!! Alot of the main attractions in Lexx Vegas are water related and occur at night, so perhaps the first weeks of May might be better. It’s warm but not beastly, and will still give those who wished to do UnCon a chance to do both if they so desired.

    Lexx Vegas is know for being reasonably priced (more or less) and they are starting to run a lot of specials right now, so if we don’t take too long over deciding a date, we might get some good rates.

    Hope to see ya at UsCon

    thefrey

    #61183
    Headgehog
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by thefrey:
    Next year?? Who know, Lexx Orleans?? Albuquerque New Lexxico, or maybe the Lexxordia Keys.


    Albuquerque, New Lexxico; lol. Not that I’m really arguing with Albuquerque, hell it would be very cheap for me, and I could provide rooms a few others for free as well, but there isn’t a whole lot to do down here in the middle of the desert. But now that I think about there is enought that could be done for tourists over a weekend.
    The funny thing about USCon and New Mexico is that the average american thinks that its not even a state and that a passport is required to get in. (True) The Lexxorida Keys sounds good though.

    #61184
    theFrey
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Albuquerque, New Lexxico; lol. Not that I’m really arguing with Albuquerque, hell it would be very cheap for me, and I could provide rooms a few others for free as well, but there isn’t a whole lot to do down here in the middle of the desert. But now that I think about there is enought that could be done for tourists over a weekend.


    Actually, I would think that the Albuquerque, New Lexxico Balloon Festival would be a perfect future get together for the fans of S3. 🙂

    #61185
    Headgehog
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by thefrey:

    Actually, I would think that the Albuquerque, New Lexxico Balloon Festival would be a perfect future get together for the fans of S3. 🙂


    Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten about that, smacks head. If you want need any information about the Ballon Fiesta 2002 let me know. Keep in mind that the last one took place a few short weeks ago. So the next one will be about the same time.

    [ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

    #61186
    Anonymous
    Guest

    I take it us in the UK will never get a UnCon going?

    #61187
    theFrey
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    I take it us in the UK will never get a UnCon going?


    Well no I imagine not, since apparently UnCons can only take place in Halifax. That is why we are trying to drum up interest in an UsCon (Takes place in the United States) so I suppose you will have to start an EnCon! 🙂 But then, I think you already have a few other Lexx Cons going in your part of the World. 🙂

    Later,

    #61188
    FX
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by thefrey:

    Well no I imagine not, since apparently UnCons can only take place in Halifax.
    Later,


    are you sure about that? i thought the lexx crew appearance in london was also called an uncon, though i may be blonde…whatever listen jj, i for one would love to meet you in hali or the us, but i suspect most of the uk peeps would prefer to meet closer to home..in any case, you are welcome, as i hope we are if we make it to england

    #61189
    theFrey
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by FX:
    are you sure about that? i thought the lexx crew appearance in london was also called an uncon, though i may be blonde…whatever


    Well I’m not sure what that con was called FX, I am just going off the discussions on the UnCon board when it was originally suggested that the UnCon move to Vegas. It was quite plainly stated by the powers that be, that that would be SomeOtherCon else, since UnCons could only take place in Hali.

    Don’t know? Are you blonde?

    #61190
    Headgehog
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by thefrey:
    [QB]

    Well I’m not sure what that con was called FX, I am just going off the discussions on the UnCon board when it was originally suggested that the UnCon move to Vegas. It was quite plainly stated by the powers that be, that that would be SomeOtherCon else, since UnCons could only take place in Hali. [QB]


    Is this the Lexxuncon mailing list your talking about? If so this wasn’t the recent discusion was it?

    #61191
    theFrey
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Is this the Lexxuncon mailing list your talking about? If so this wasn’t the recent discusion was it?


    It may have been, but no this was long before UnCon last year. It was just peeps tossing out ideas for the 2001 UnCon that did not involve halifax. Which is how the whole thread came about I think.

    #61192
    Headgehog
    Participant

    ok thanks. I wasn’t aware of that topic.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.