Valdron’s Lexx Book on Ebay

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Valdron’s Lexx Book on Ebay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Valdron’s Lexx Book on Ebay – Lexx Welcome to the Dark Zone – Season 1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4058019114&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Hi Frey, I’ll be watching this auction for sure, and hoping for some kind of regular publishing.
    FYI: Forever Knight fan Gwenn Musicante has SELF published an excellent guide: “Forever Knight: A Reference Guide”. It’s actually well written and well put together with her own cast and crew interviews, episode info, and list of sites in Toronto where the series was filmed. She has info on the book at this site: http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/GwennM/FKBook/FKBook.html#Click%20here
    I bring this up as a possible way for Valdron to mass produce the book.

Also, does anybody have or know anything about the book: “Lexx 1.0” by Paul Donovan. Amazon has listed it for years:

URL Paul Donovans Book

Thanks!

theFrey
    Participant

Again, there is nothing there for you. It will not be published. But… that is one of the items in this book. ๐Ÿ˜€

Valdron wrote – The most interesting potential spin off was to be a novel written by Paul Donovan. Much rumored and talked about, a United Kingdom publisher was interested in the novel during the eighteen month hiatus between the first and second seasons. Donovan had previously tried his hand at a novel, Paint Cans, that had turned out relatively well, and so he decided to take a shot at it.

And it goes on from there for several pages explaining what happened and what the book was going to be about.

Anonymous

Going to derail here for just a second.

That LEXX 1.0 picture brings back some old memories, which were discussed on another board years ago. That terrible fan-fic I posted was partially based on the picture. If you notice it looks like Brunnis2 that The LEXX is hovering over. Plus the reference to “1.0” made me think there was another LEXX before Our LEXX. My theory was/is that the B-G sent the plans to Ostral during their final hours which later were intercepted (through Stanley Tweedle) and 2000+ years later finally recreated by His Shadow. I’ve also wondered if there wasn’t a true insect LEXX used in the Insect Wars (possibly against the original Brunnis Sun).

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen that picture and brought about some fond memories ๐Ÿ˜† Sorry to drag you all with me!

Anonymous

Whoo Hoo! I’m the highest bidder!

Prolly only last for a minute or so… hope I get it!

๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    SadGeezer wrote:

Whoo Hoo! I’m the highest bidder!

Prolly only last for a minute or so… hope I get it!

๐Ÿ™‚

Now I’m just wondering who “eccentrici” is and where can find more lovely items like this one ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Fess up! You’re around here somewhere! ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Now I’m just wondering who “eccentrici” is and where can find more lovely items like this one ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Fess up! You’re around here somewhere! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now, now. Let us not go looking at each others old ebay purchases! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thank God most of mine have fallen off the list, or you guys would see what a freak I am for Sterling Silver Ornaments ๐Ÿ˜ณ Sick I know, but I just can’t help my self. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have peeked at a few posts elsewhere about this book. Gosh, can people get it wrong sometimes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Valdron is NOT doing this to make a buck. Since he is not on the boards much any more, I do hope he misses that one. Actually, Valdron let me do this because I beg and am persistant. Ask FX or Tony, they’ll tell you. He wrote the book, and while I can understand his not wanting to go through the fuss of getting it published, I think he liked being able to get a few copies for his own uses. Perhaps some day, if there is never a Lexx Revival, he might take it and let it be listed as a Print On Demand (POD) product.

As to the cover design…. Hey! That is not a bad Photo-Shop design, can’t be… I don’t use Photo-Shop. But I will admit, that it is not the greatest cap I have ever seen. ๐Ÿ˜›

Bad theSpouse for messing up the comp with the vid-cap board. I am currently looking for a couple of really good high res shots of a mandrid arm and the planet Fire/Water with a night mask. Help! Barabbas! are you listening??? ๐Ÿ˜†

I will say there is only one problem with POD products…. cost. The cost of binding is just the start. I did a book as a gift for FX, last year that was just a bit larger than this and the base cost with binding and page pricing was about 18.00. Not alot for a present, but not really a mass market price when you consider that if you were really doing this for a buck, you would have to add a few. You know, little stuff like the cost of the site (7.00 a month) and then add a few bucks for the author, perhaps pay for art work rights and then of course, people would have to pay postage. So it can get kinda pricy real fast.

But, on the good side of POD, it lets you actually publish something with out a large initial order and that out lay of cash. Because even a small print run (and the shipping to get it to you) is not cheap. You might be able to get the book printed for 7.00 a piece but they might want you to buy (and ship) 500 copies minimum. ๐Ÿ˜›

iStan
    Participant

LexxLurker- I’m intrigued by your comments about ‘pre-series’ Lexx, the B-G, and so on. Thanks. I’ve thought at times that HDS’s comment in IWHS: ‘An insect, curious’ was the inspiration for having the Bio-Scholars work on creating the Lexx. Then again, that might have come from his Insect essence. I’ve also found it striking in the past that the B-G, who beat the Insects, used insect technology, if you will- ‘Stingers! Stingers ready!’ So, as you note it might have come from the B-G. But, mind you, Thodin spoke of how many had to die to get the amino acid codes, which I’ve always taken to mean that they were stolen from the Cluster. As usual, though, I could be wrong.

cloaked
    Participant

Nevermind the printing costs, I’d pay $40 bucks for a copy. ๐Ÿ˜‰

iStan
    Participant

As would I, cloaked. And, to put thefrey’s comments about other views (which she as addressed in a very mature and comprehensive manner) into perspective, I would note that there was one poster elsewhere who made some fairly trivial, albeit abrasive, comments about the quality of the artwork on the book’s cover. Meanwhile, there have been numerous posters and bidders who appreciate Valdron’s efforts and hers. Thanks for making this available.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.