Ve Vants to know what you tink…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

I’ve been watching this BSG thing for some time now, and now the reimagined version is about ready to air in the UK. Is anyone here gonna give it a look see? How’s the PR? Low-key, etc…

Don’t be pussy-footing around it… if you watch it, let us know… I really want to know how you feel about it.

Here’s a Sky-one link….

http://www.skyone.co.uk/programmes/battlestar/.

It took many blaster hits to get this here. Yeesh, talk about Cylons vs. Colonials…. try BSG TOS fans vs. TNS series fans. They get down right nasty!

I know you are busy Sad, with the ep reviews on Lexx 4 (yahoo!)
    and Dza Dza, but I trust your judgement on this kind of thing. And since it doesn’t seem to make a big splash that I can see here… and this site is known for a lot of great sci-fi mainstream and not… I think it would be a valuable and unbiased assessment. Well, may be not… there is that problem of SIX and slinky dresses… but if you can tame the beast long enough I’d like to get your take on it.

Thanks!

mK

theFrey
    Participant

BSB Battle Star Gallatica?

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”mandara wrote:

It took many blaster hits to get this here. Yeesh, talk about Cylons vs. Colonials…. try BSG TOS fans vs. TNS series fans. They get down right nasty!

The in-fighting was so harsh, it forced scifi.com to moderate that bboard! Which indirectly or perhaps coincidentally caused them to install a new bbs.

I know you are busy Sad, with the ep reviews on Lexx 4 (yahoo!)
    and Dza Dza, but I trust your judgement on this kind of thing. And

and this site is known for a lot of great sci-fi mainstream and not…

but if you can tame the beast long enough I’d like to get your take on it.

Well there is the Sadgeezer’s Guide to Battlestar Galactica, a 10 month old guide devoted to the new mini-series and the upcoming weekly series. (I really do need to update the episodes list soon!) Saddy didn’t write it, LexxLurker and I did, and plan on continuing the guide if that helps. We hope to finish up the reviews for the first season before Sci Fi Channel airs it in the states. It kicks ass being an international site huh?

I’m really excited about it, because if the miniseries was any indication, its a well needed serious and entertaining space opera. Something that’s been sorely lacking in recent years.

As for the lack of promotion. I’ve seen Sci Fi give it some commercials. You can probably bet they’ll be advertising the hell outta it come December and January as the premier approaches! Just like they do for every other new programme or miniseries.

mandara k
    Participant

I’m sorry i haven’t been around much here, watching the fur fly over there has been diverting.

You HH and LL, good job on this older site. A lot of stuff be going on… now it’s a waiting game to see how the ratings will be. What’s annoying is the sniveling and the groveling that can take place if any of the “actors” are there. you KNOW how i hate that.

I’m a believer in the whole package, great f/x, great story, believable characters… The mini was good, the DVD comes out at the end of December…. but far from resting on laurels, they should come out blazing… it’s been a long long wait. SO it premieres on Sky One on October 18th I think. I wonder if they are promoting the heck out of it. I agree, Sci-FI will beat the heck out of it before it airs here. They are tedious.

I say, give it a little push and see if it goes, underplay it. Show the mini again, but don’t beat it to death. That’s what turned me off the other good shows, watch the trailers you can see the whole ep.

nursewhen
    Participant

*Pant Pant*
    Well here I am, late as usual. I’ve just watched the Battlestar Galactica mini series, all run together as a film.

What did people think?
    I really enjoyed it (Yes, Nursewhen actually enjoyed a remake!)

My only gripes were what was the point of making Starbuck female?
    In theory I thought it was a good idea, but what they created was still a bloke, just with a prettier body. My biggest problem was that I didn’t like her. The way she threw Colonel Tigh’s apology back in his face was cruel. It had cost him a lot to do it. Dr When commented that that woman’s got an attitude problem. I hope she spends many happy hours in the brig.

My only other gripe was the way the old model Cylons had been changed. I loved the ones who looked human, but the original Cylons had looked like robots. The new, old model Cylons looked like a load of computer graphics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.