Villain?

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Nox
    Participant

Who is the best villain in the series? I really liked his Shadow. He was simply the most evil and mysterious guy…er…insect I have ever seen. Darth Vader go home!

DalekTek790
    Participant

His Divine Shadow! I wanted to perform that scene where he discusses the nature in my speech class but my teacher wouldn’t let me. Instead I’m doing part of “Marooned” from “Red Dwarf.”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

His Divine Shadow! I wanted to perform that scene where he discusses the nature in my speech class but my teacher wouldn’t let me. Instead I’m doing part of “Marooned” from “Red Dwarf.”

——————

Anonymous

Mantrid was the funniest to me. But, His Divine Shadow, I agree, was the best! That bug-dude was so inhumanly cold as he stood over Kai, calmly informing him that he lost, before slowly slipping that big fat blade into his heart. **shudders** He gave me the willies!

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-10-2001).]

Anonymous

Mantrid was the funniest to me. But, His Divine Shadow, I agree, was the best! That bug-dude was so inhumanly cold as he stood over Kai, calmly informing him that he lost, before slowly slipping that big fat blade into his heart. **shudders** He gave me the willies!

——————

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-10-2001).]

crusader
    Participant

Yeah, I agree!!! His Shadow is best!!!
    I liked Mantrid but he was a litle to… insane!!! (Dident Kai kinda glote when he told Mantrid that he had lost? 2.20!!! I think he injoyed defeting Mantrid!!!)
    I dont like the way that His Shadow died, dow!!! I meen, he got crushed by Mantrid in 2.1!!!

One of my favorite episodes was 2.20!!! (and 2.18 and some outher!!!)

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Yeah, I agree!!! His Shadow is best!!!
    I liked Mantrid but he was a litle to… insane!!! (Dident Kai kinda glote when he told Mantrid that he had lost? 2.20!!! I think he injoyed defeting Mantrid!!!)
    I dont like the way that His Shadow died, dow!!! I meen, he got crushed by Mantrid in 2.1!!!

One of my favorite episodes was 2.20!!! (and 2.18 and some outher!!!)

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Yep, His Shadow was very cool, and Mantrid sure was funny. Price was too cool to be a baddie – to me he was a poor misguided cool dude.

For me, the best baddie (at least the most enjoyable to watch) was Shlemmi (and to a lesser extent, Fifi). The actor plaing the part was real cool, but Shlemmi was those most dangerous of baddies, he was amoral and funny and plausible. He had a pleasant visiousness and scheming attitude to life that made me shudder

——————

Anonymous

Yep, His Shadow was very cool, and Mantrid sure was funny. Price was too cool to be a baddie – to me he was a poor misguided cool dude.

For me, the best baddie (at least the most enjoyable to watch) was Shlemmi (and to a lesser extent, Fifi). The actor plaing the part was real cool, but Shlemmi was those most dangerous of baddies, he was amoral and funny and plausible. He had a pleasant visiousness and scheming attitude to life that made me shudder

——————

Wolfbagger
    Participant

The bestest, most evilest bad guy was Stan Tweedle. No, wait…

Wolfbagger
    Participant

The bestest, most evilest bad guy was Stan Tweedle. No, wait…

Nox
    Participant

Sigh…there where some really good villains in series 2. Schlemmi. Mantrid. Brizon.
    But…Mantrid arbsorbing HS…it really ruined the series for me. If those drones had been mechanical insects…Mantrid having those black “posseded eyes” or just ANYTHING
    that confirmed “the insect within me”.
    On the other hand it was a brave thing the
    Lexx writers did. Instead of the rebirth ( like those star wars cartoons where they keep cloning the emperor instead of something new) of the insects we got a really really REALLY weird scientist. The main problem was just…it was hard to think of anyone as a villain after seeing HS in action. That was why I rejoiced when I saw those little buzzing (like insects! Hooray!) arms that took form of an insect when they destroyed planets. Yeah! The “mad scientist” is a very overused type though. But what a cool twist Mantrid was! BUT WHY COULDN’T IT HAVE BEEN THE ESSENCE OF AN INSECT LARVAE INSTEAD OF HIS SHADOW?!!! The end of series 2 just seemed so…dissapointing somehow. The crew had just ended the dread divine order thus making the ancients time prophets prophecy come through and saving the light universe from from certain doom. And then a head on a large jar destroys it. Okay. Now I can hear you yell “is there a point to all this?” Yep. It should have been either Mantrid OR his Shadow.

Nox
    Participant

Sigh…there where some really good villains in series 2. Schlemmi. Mantrid. Brizon.
    But…Mantrid arbsorbing HS…it really ruined the series for me. If those drones had been mechanical insects…Mantrid having those black “posseded eyes” or just ANYTHING
    that confirmed “the insect within me”.
    On the other hand it was a brave thing the
    Lexx writers did. Instead of the rebirth ( like those star wars cartoons where they keep cloning the emperor instead of something new) of the insects we got a really really REALLY weird scientist. The main problem was just…it was hard to think of anyone as a villain after seeing HS in action. That was why I rejoiced when I saw those little buzzing (like insects! Hooray!) arms that took form of an insect when they destroyed planets. Yeah! The “mad scientist” is a very overused type though. But what a cool twist Mantrid was! BUT WHY COULDN’T IT HAVE BEEN THE ESSENCE OF AN INSECT LARVAE INSTEAD OF HIS SHADOW?!!! The end of series 2 just seemed so…dissapointing somehow. The crew had just ended the dread divine order thus making the ancients time prophets prophecy come through and saving the light universe from from certain doom. And then a head on a large jar destroys it. Okay. Now I can hear you yell “is there a point to all this?” Yep. It should have been either Mantrid OR his Shadow.

Anonymous

Ya gotta give the Beans credit, they’re not afraid to burn bridges. Most shows send a character or plotline into hiatus, in case they want to bring them back. The Beans just wipe ’em out; HDS, Norb, Lyekka, Brunnis, even The Universe! Granted they did manage to revive some of those killed off in different ways (Stanley’s mind, Fire/Water); but, I don’t see how they can manage to bring back His Divine Shadow. That is who I’d like to see them pitted against, again. He was a major meanie; with very few (if any) comedic elements and I liked that. Mantrid, Prince, The Wozzard, Fifi/Schlemmi, they all made me laugh or smile. HDS was an insect hardass and I don’t know how the Beans could come up with an antagonist his equal.

BRING BACK THE BUG! BRING BACK THE BUG!

——————

Anonymous

Ya gotta give the Beans credit, they’re not afraid to burn bridges. Most shows send a character or plotline into hiatus, in case they want to bring them back. The Beans just wipe ’em out; HDS, Norb, Lyekka, Brunnis, even The Universe! Granted they did manage to revive some of those killed off in different ways (Stanley’s mind, Fire/Water); but, I don’t see how they can manage to bring back His Divine Shadow. That is who I’d like to see them pitted against, again. He was a major meanie; with very few (if any) comedic elements and I liked that. Mantrid, Prince, The Wozzard, Fifi/Schlemmi, they all made me laugh or smile. HDS was an insect hardass and I don’t know how the Beans could come up with an antagonist his equal.

BRING BACK THE BUG! BRING BACK THE BUG!

——————

Nox
    Participant

As you remember in the very first episode his Shadow was actually able to extract his essence from his body when his brain was to be removed. But what if…the essence of his Shadow was extracted to someone/something before Mantrid was killed? Actually I mean Sadgeezer wrote something about Mantrid being killed and the essence of his Shadow controlling Sputnik’s mom. Or is it me that misunderstood something?
    Wait one minute! Now I understand! His Shadow was killed by Mantrid and only “insect
    essence”(lust to kill humans)was left?
    If that is correct then his Shadow was only killed and never arsorbed by Mantrid(Hooray!) But GOD I’d wish the bug would return…

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 01-11-2001).]

Nox
    Participant

As you remember in the very first episode his Shadow was actually able to extract his essence from his body when his brain was to be removed. But what if…the essence of his Shadow was extracted to someone/something before Mantrid was killed? Actually I mean Sadgeezer wrote something about Mantrid being killed and the essence of his Shadow controlling Sputnik’s mom. Or is it me that misunderstood something?
    Wait one minute! Now I understand! His Shadow was killed by Mantrid and only “insect
    essence”(lust to kill humans)was left?
    If that is correct then his Shadow was only killed and never arsorbed by Mantrid(Hooray!) But GOD I’d wish the bug would return…

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 01-11-2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

When the Giga Shadow was destroyed everyone thought it was over (unless you saw the director’s cut :rolleyes , but the essence of His Divine Shadow did not die, it went into Kai. The Kai Shadow found an essence-less larva from the wreckage of the Giga Shadow and takes it to his former bio-vizier, Mantrid. Mantrid tells him how to get the essence into the grub then he shoots the wrist dealie at him and His Shadow’s essence takes the new host. But Manty’s not quite dead, his buddy Vigo sends his arms after the blue organ (which carry’s the essence) of the bug, and uses it to transfer Mantrid’s essence to a big Insect ship along with, of course, His Shadow’s essence and he becomes the Mantrid Shadow and kills Vigo. To make a long story short the Mantrid Shadow gets caught in the collapsing Light Zone and we think he’s dead but then a box containing Mantrid’s (and possibly His Shadow’s) essence shows up and Zev destroys it and Mantrid is quite dead (his clone shows up later, though). So His Shadow’s essence either died in the collapse, died when the box was destroyed, went into Zev, went into the Lexx, or, for the final theory, read my post under “K-Town.”

So, does that clear things up?

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

When the Giga Shadow was destroyed everyone thought it was over (unless you saw the director’s cut :rolleyes , but the essence of His Divine Shadow did not die, it went into Kai. The Kai Shadow found an essence-less larva from the wreckage of the Giga Shadow and takes it to his former bio-vizier, Mantrid. Mantrid tells him how to get the essence into the grub then he shoots the wrist dealie at him and His Shadow’s essence takes the new host. But Manty’s not quite dead, his buddy Vigo sends his arms after the blue organ (which carry’s the essence) of the bug, and uses it to transfer Mantrid’s essence to a big Insect ship along with, of course, His Shadow’s essence and he becomes the Mantrid Shadow and kills Vigo. To make a long story short the Mantrid Shadow gets caught in the collapsing Light Zone and we think he’s dead but then a box containing Mantrid’s (and possibly His Shadow’s) essence shows up and Zev destroys it and Mantrid is quite dead (his clone shows up later, though). So His Shadow’s essence either died in the collapse, died when the box was destroyed, went into Zev, went into the Lexx, or, for the final theory, read my post under “K-Town.”

So, does that clear things up?

——————

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

Hmm, would Kai in “Wake the Dead” count as a villain? :::waggles eyebrows:::

But seriously, my favorite villains after Mantrid and HDS were Roda and Hidea from “Twilight.” They were mean and nasty, but they cracked me the Hell up. Some of those lines were priceless.

My least favorite villain was Aulk from “Luvliner.” He was just such a complete pig. Would-be rapists turn me off completely and I was cheering at the TV when Xev was pummeling the snot out of him.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

Remember, boys and girls – Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

Hmm, would Kai in “Wake the Dead” count as a villain? :::waggles eyebrows:::

But seriously, my favorite villains after Mantrid and HDS were Roda and Hidea from “Twilight.” They were mean and nasty, but they cracked me the Hell up. Some of those lines were priceless.

My least favorite villain was Aulk from “Luvliner.” He was just such a complete pig. Would-be rapists turn me off completely and I was cheering at the TV when Xev was pummeling the snot out of him.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

Remember, boys and girls – Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

crusader
    Participant

Yeah!!! I think that thery could have let His Shadow eskape in the letle insectbody he got in 2.1!!!
    But instead Mantrid cruched it and in that way killed His Shadow!!!
    Remember, the insectessence Mantrid got was just a litle part of the the essece that was inside the insect! The one that was left in the blue organ!!! The rest of the insectessence was (as expained in the series) insaide the insectbrain!!!
    So His Shadow was killed by Mantrid and Mantrid was NEVER His Shadow!!! Just a litle part of him!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Yeah!!! I think that thery could have let His Shadow eskape in the letle insectbody he got in 2.1!!!
    But instead Mantrid cruched it and in that way killed His Shadow!!!
    Remember, the insectessence Mantrid got was just a litle part of the the essece that was inside the insect! The one that was left in the blue organ!!! The rest of the insectessence was (as expained in the series) insaide the insectbrain!!!
    So His Shadow was killed by Mantrid and Mantrid was NEVER His Shadow!!! Just a litle part of him!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Remember that Mantrid told them in 2.1 that the larva culdent live with out the essence and that the essence did NOT stay in the blue organ! The blue organ was just so that the insect could transfere the essence!
    There was some left in the blue organ and Mantrid got that but the “His Shadow” essence was in the insect brain and body so Mantrid never rely was His shadow! Just a litle part of him!!!

The insect must have had the essence to live!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Remember that Mantrid told them in 2.1 that the larva culdent live with out the essence and that the essence did NOT stay in the blue organ! The blue organ was just so that the insect could transfere the essence!
    There was some left in the blue organ and Mantrid got that but the “His Shadow” essence was in the insect brain and body so Mantrid never rely was His shadow! Just a litle part of him!!!

The insect must have had the essence to live!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

They said his essence mixed with the Insect essence, and in “Mantrid” you can see two streams of essence curling together. The entity that was confronted in “Norb,” “Brizon,” and “The End of the Universe” was half Divine Shadow half Mantrid.

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

They said his essence mixed with the Insect essence, and in “Mantrid” you can see two streams of essence curling together. The entity that was confronted in “Norb,” “Brizon,” and “The End of the Universe” was half Divine Shadow half Mantrid.

——————

Nox
    Participant

This is how I personally see this whole mess: Mantrid used to live his happy life on that dump of a planet untill the Lexx came. The larvae became his Shadow and was (maybe?) killed by Mantrid but the essence of the insect (wich does not seem to have anything to do with a mind)turned Mantrid into an insect himself. So Mantrid was never mixed with his Shadow, but a part of him(insect instinct). I like this version because I would HATE if that little box that screamed “I detroyed a universe!” was the same person…er…insect that without any feelings killed Kai.

Nox
    Participant

This is how I personally see this whole mess: Mantrid used to live his happy life on that dump of a planet untill the Lexx came. The larvae became his Shadow and was (maybe?) killed by Mantrid but the essence of the insect (wich does not seem to have anything to do with a mind)turned Mantrid into an insect himself. So Mantrid was never mixed with his Shadow, but a part of him(insect instinct). I like this version because I would HATE if that little box that screamed “I detroyed a universe!” was the same person…er…insect that without any feelings killed Kai.

crusader
    Participant

Thats kinda what I ment!!!

Anyway, I hope that theyl have a big badguy in series 4!!! (Hopfully a “His Shadow” badguy!!!)

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Thats kinda what I ment!!!

Anyway, I hope that theyl have a big badguy in series 4!!! (Hopfully a “His Shadow” badguy!!!)

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

I don’t mean to play moderator, here, but there are discussions like this under 3 topics right now. Please post all of your theories on His Shadow’s survival under “>His Divine Shadow</.

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited 01-15-2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

I don’t mean to play moderator, here, but there are discussions like this under 3 topics right now. Please post all of your theories on His Shadow’s survival under “>His Divine Shadow</.

——————

Anonymous

Well, considering the importance HDS played in the series, it isn’t surprising that he is strongly discussed and debated over, across the Lexx forums. “It is happening now. It has happened before. It will surely happen, again.” It’s good of you to attempt to corral it under one heading. However, since HDS discussions sometimes arise in different topics, it may not always be possible to keep things so regulated and tidy. But, we shall endeavor to do our best.

——————

Anonymous

Well, considering the importance HDS played in the series, it isn’t surprising that he is strongly discussed and debated over, across the Lexx forums. “It is happening now. It has happened before. It will surely happen, again.” It’s good of you to attempt to corral it under one heading. However, since HDS discussions sometimes arise in different topics, it may not always be possible to keep things so regulated and tidy. But, we shall endeavor to do our best.

——————

crusader
    Participant

When I said “His shadow badguy” I dident mean “His Shadow”! I meant a badguy that was as evil and bad as His Shadow!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

When I said “His shadow badguy” I dident mean “His Shadow”! I meant a badguy that was as evil and bad as His Shadow!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.