Viva Lexx Vegas:The Mummy Returns

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Viva Lexx Vegas:The Mummy Returns

• This topic has 20 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

A fine episode though a little annoying at times. Where was it filmed? certainly not Las Vegas.

So, What was that Mummy? Kai did a mumbled explanation of who he was but it was so quiet and mumbled and even faded out as he and stan were walking down the stairs. Anyone care to explain?

Nice Sopranos dialogue in there as well.

Anonymous

It was a good episode(although not as good as The Game or Apocalexx Now.)

But I think enjoyed the preview for Trip more than I enjoyed the whole episode.

Anonymous

Ill repost my post here

So whadda ya guys think?
    Seems to me that Drago must of been a poor attempt from the Heretics to create their own Divine Assassins with their own version of protoblood.

Apparantly it failed so they ditched him in the Dark Zone. It also brings up the possibility that travel between the 2 Universes was easier than previously thought. It opens up new thought for the Insect Wars too and how that was fought.

Pretty cool ep. I wish they coulda got into a little more mythos instead of focusing on the present, but oh well

Also one last thing. The way he acted towards Stanley was quite strange. Looked like he was trying to lick his belly or something. Like he had found someone to help/command/love him
    Stan was also a Heretic, coincedence?

Anonymous

Maybe the mummy just liked the smell of cheese…….

*barf*

Anonymous

Drago was pretty cool. He reminded me a lot of Nemesis from the Resident Evil games, though I doubt Nemesis snorted cocaine.

He was pretty badass especially the neck snapping, but it would have been nice to see him kill in other fashions, maybe just beating a victim to death. I guess I just spoiled by Buffy. But this is Lexx not Buffy, which is a blessing in a way.

What would have been really cool would have been if Drago had some kind of special Herectic weapon, possibly their version of Kai’s brace or Vlad’s impaler.

By the way, who else really liked looking at Xev in the Cleopatra costume? Sweet mama she is a goddess.

I bet Flamegrape enjoyed the show. Can you guys tell me if he really has given up the post?
    That’s ashame. I really thought he had some cool things to say.

———————————————

“I will make your neck a chalice and drink deep.” -Spike(James Marsters)

“We are the Powerful.” -Lestat

“I will suck every drop of your juice.” -Vlad

Anonymous

I took it as the mummy being the warrior poet, or philosopher Drago. Someone that Kai killed 4,000 years ago. Heretics used some type of liquid to revive the body for short periods of time and used it for their dirty work. For some reason it was brought to Earth and buried, for retrieval at a later date. Suppose they forgot about it or the people who knew where it was at were killed.

I could be wrong, but thats what I got out of it.

Good episode in my opinion. Kai has killing with his brace down to an art form.

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: Enox ]

sgtdraino
    Participant

Not a bad ep, and it’s always nice to see Kai kicking arse.

I think the existence of Drago, killed by Kai thousands of years earlier and buried on Earth by Heretics, pretty much destroys the possibility that our crew is already in the next cycle of time. Thoughts?

Anonymous

I thought there was a bit of Resident Evil going on in the episode too! The camera angles of the mummy walking down the corridors and stuff had a real RE feel to it.

Shame the strangling deaths were a bit unconvincing….

Anonymous

….and frankly that rather rude and patronising response isnt going to get Flamegrape back is it?

theFrey
    Participant

JJ, I looked in my crystal ball and was unable to ascertain with 100% certainty that the post was a rude and patronizing response. Please let assure you that I have a very good quality crystal ball…. so, I suggest that unless you are 100 % sure of exactly what the other posters are thinking, you give them the benefit of doubt.

Trust me, it will make for a much happier board.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    JJ, I looked in my crystal ball and was unable to ascertain with 100% certainty that the post was a rude and patronizing response.

Well, to be fair to JJ, it should be pointed out that the post replied to is no longer there. It may appear that JJ’s post is referring to one from Nosferatu (which is neither rude nor patronizing), but that’s not the case.

–Aleck

theFrey
    Participant

Sorry JJ, as the post was no longer there, I had no idea.

I did wonder what was bugging you about the post, since you usually don’t go off for no reason.

Thanks Aleck!

bonnee
    Participant

theFrey, the post JJ was referring to was (naturaly) something posted by me in response to a question raised by Nosferatu. Its tone was (I thought) playful and provided information/commentary on something that Flamegrape had kindly did in response to my other posts, indicating that although HE was no longer posting, he was still reading our posts.

I was surprised by JJ’s reaction and followed it up with a question as to why he thought I was being rude or patronising. On reflection, though, I thought if the original post COULD so readilly be construed by JJ in this way, then perhaps FG might have taken exception to it as well. So I decided to delete both posts to prevent any possible further offence – not to mention, be involved in another public brawl. If and Aleck and I can set aside our differences (no offense intended Aleck, and thanks for not mentioning me by name or getting upset as well) in the music thread, then I think it should be possible for me to maintain an even temper here as well.

To cut a long story short – when in doubt, blame Bonnee (sometimes for good reason). To paraphrase Mantrid

TIMES

[ 10-04-2002: Message edited by: bonnee ]

Anonymous

Once again, I don’t get it. Bonnee went out of her way to qualify every part of that statement, presumably not to step on anybody’s toes, mine included. It was as far away from rude as one could get in describing the situation.
    Who knew there could be so much drama on a LEXX fan page?

bonnee
    Participant

quote:

Once again, I don’t get it. Bonnee went out of her way to qualify every part of that statement, presumably not to step on anybody’s toes, mine included. It was as far away from rude as one could get in describing the situation.
    Who knew there could be so much drama on a LEXX fan page?

Thanks Warsaw, but the post you’re defending was deleted by me before you saw it. It was posted in the last couple of hours, and not to be mistaken for the other post (I think) you’re referring to from a week or so ago. Apologies if you DID see the offending post, and didn’t find it offensive (although I suspect you haven’t).

The most recent post was an attempt to make light of the situation mentioned by N by way of an explanation that JJ found rude. Although I maintain my reading of the situation is accurate, the playful tone could be viewed as me having fun at FG expense ( I was hoping he would be in on the joke though).

PS

Bonnee is not a girl – but don’t let that prevent you from still being nice to me! (Bonnee is my doggy).

(not really her, but it could be).

[ 10-04-2002: Message edited by: bonnee ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    But this is Lexx not Buffy…

Thank goodness for that.

quote:

By the way, who else really liked looking at Xev in the Cleopatra costume? Sweet mama she is a goddess.

I always enjoy looking at Xev. I probably wouldn’t have minded providing the foot rub she received from the presidential aide at the beginning of the episode either.

Anonymous

sorry if i mis-understood your post bonnee, you just seemed to be off on one of your “true-fan” rants again.

Anonymous

I thought that 4.21 was pretty good, though not as good as “Apocalexx Now”. I was touched by a little bit of sadness throughout it though, at the prospect of no more Lexx in three weeks. Oh, and Priest was acting strange at the end there.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    Where was it filmed? certainly not Las Vegas.

I’m not entirely sure, but I’m pretty sure it was filmed in Halifax. The outside of that hotel, looked like the outside of the Westin Nova Scotia.

The Westin is only a few blocks from Electropolis Studios.

[ 13-04-2002: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    I thought that 4.21 was pretty good, though not as good as “Apocalexx Now”. I was touched by a little bit of sadness throughout it though, at the prospect of no more Lexx in three weeks. Oh, and Priest was acting strange at the end there.

Like “The Game” with Vlad? hehe

Priest was obviously CGI added into some of the Viva Lexx Vegas scenes. The blocking gives it away as does the seams around Priest body.

You can notice the same with Vlad in some scenes of the Game.

Anonymous

You are correct about the Location. The hotel exterior, lobby, hallways, etc. were the big hotel that is just down the street from Electropolis. This was confirmed to my by Les Kriszan who was DOP and should know. According to Chris Bould, some of it was also shot in the corridors of Electropolis itself.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.