Vladd Interview – Anyone want to do it?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Vladd Interview – Anyone want to do it?

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This arrived from Alison at Salter Street.

quote:

Chums,
    The actress who plays VLAD in Series IV (sorry UK – you’ll see her in the next batch of tapes, coming soon) has expressed interest in doing interviews and the like.

Her name is Minna Aaltonen and we think she’s terrific.

Anyway, if there’s any interest on your end she will happily do an interview by email – let me know.

Alison

So, do any of you fancy doing an interview or possibly asking a question?

I’d be pleased to put them together and send them along.

Anonymous

Wow.

Finally some good news.

Questions, hmm.

[ 13-09-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

Anonymous

Hehe…I’d be too scared to go near her!!!, FX the Mighty or Hypatia the Brave, or even Aleck the Courageous would be the only people mentally and physically capable of taking on Vlad.
    Aleck because he has watched all Kai’s moves on DVD more than anyone else in the world, and has a black belt in kai-jon-do (ancient Brunnen G martial art I made up!!!).
    FX, because I bet she has longer nails than Vlad and is probably taller, and can do amazing things with a bloody mary (she’d probably poison Vlad!!!).
    And finally Hypatia, who is an Amazon goddess, and will probably know all Vlad’s weaknesses after writing all the update’s, and is secretly a Divine Executioner, which is a part time hobby of her’s.
    Plus Vlad will have to remember that all the above will have a small and cuddly, but nonetheless vicious cluster lizard as back up.
    But she’s probably a very nice lady in real life, so we may not have to be on our guard at all.
    Squishy…Eater of Vlad Brains.

Anonymous

Wow thanx Squishy!

I am now used to being a little low on blood, so I’m ready for her

So I volunteer, god we need good news.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    Wow thanx Squishy!

I am now used to being a little low on blood, so I’m ready for her

So I volunteer, god we need good news.

Are you opening the floor for questions? This is a good distraction.

As for being low on blood, stay away from those ferrous sulfate pills–you will no longer float if you take them.
    elmey

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    This arrived from Alison at Salter Street.

So, do any of you fancy doing an interview or possibly asking a question?

I’d be pleased to put them together and send them along.

Some questions for Vlad:

Is Vlad frozen for good or will she be thawed out later for an encore?

What( or who) was Vlad before she became a super-assassin for the divine order?

Vlad is quite fashonable looking–any ideas for a line of clothing? Perfume?

Has this actress done anything like this before?

What was it like filming the episode?

I’d like to see more Vlad! http://www.sadgeezer.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Headgehog
    Participant

I’d like to know what they had her really eat in that scene when she was eating the protoblood.

Anonymous

I would like to ask her, if she realizes that just by her actually touching and sucking the stuffing out of Kai makes her one of the most envied women in all of Lexxdom????? And we know that was’nt protoblood dripping out of her mouth, it was just an off-color drool…. Ha!

trillian
    Participant

I’d like to know how those silver fangs were done.
    -Were the fangs uncomfortable?
    -Did they have a tendancy to fall out?
    -Did they have to cut for her to take them out before she would bite?
    -Were they collapsable?
    -And is that hair as uncomfortable as it looks?
    -How is that spirally thing in her hair attached?
    -Did she have to duck in doorways because of the height of the hair?
    -How did she get the role of Vlad?
    -Has she done work for Salter before?
    -What other projects has she done?
    -Had she heard of Lexx before the role?
    -What did she think of the script when she read it?
    -Does she get claustrophobic in that cyropod? (I think I would)
    -Has she seen the finished episode of Vlad, with the special effects, and what did she think of it?

OK, I’m done for now, I’m sure that’s enough questions to scare off anyone. Heh.

[ 16-09-2001: Message edited by: trillian ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squishi:
    Hehe…I’d be too scared to go near her!!!, FX the Mighty or Hypatia the Brave, or even Aleck the Courageous would be the only people mentally and physically capable of taking on Vlad.

Geeze, Squishy.. what about X the ass kicker? or trillian the inquisitive naive?

Personally my vote on this one goes to trill and I got her back. We’ll hit Vlad with a little tag-team action

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by X:

Geeze, Squishy.. what about X the ass kicker? or trillian the inquisitive naive?

Personally my vote on this one goes to trill and I got her back. We’ll hit Vlad with a little tag-team action

Bwa ahahahaha, Naive, I like that. It’s a whole new way to be. And that means I get to act geniunely shocked most of the time.

But don’t forget, I’m a bit brusque when I’m feeling shy, so I’m scared I would screw it up, geek out, get too excited, forget my brain, unattractively seize up in the thought area, drool and be sent to an “institution”.

Erm..my point being that I would be honored to tag team it, but you first, X. But that’s all up to Sadgeezer in the end. He may have somebody who already volunteered.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:

Bwa ahahahaha, Naive, I like that. It’s a whole new way to be. And that means I get to act geniunely shocked most of the time.

But don’t forget, I’m a bit brusque when I’m feeling shy, so I’m scared I would screw it up, geek out, get too excited, forget my brain, unattractively seize up in the thought area, drool and be sent to an “institution”.

Erm..my point being that I would be honored to tag team it, but you first, X. But that’s all up to Sadgeezer in the end. He may have somebody who already volunteered.

Tag Team action sounds great, in the blue corner we Hypatia the brave and FX the mighty.
    And in the red corner we have X the ass kicker and Trillian the Inquisitive Naive.
    The winners of that bout would face off against the winner of Aleck the Courageous and Aurora the Magnificent vs Squish the stupendous (or is that stupid!?!) and the Gigashadow…wonder who’ll win that one???
    The two final combantants will face Vlad, but I suspect we’ll all be too bruised to stand up, let alone ask questions!!!
    Or we could all just pick straws.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Pick straws – that involves a lot less exertion. Or how ’bout we have a swizzle-stick sword fight (while drinking martinis). Eventually we’ll all fall down!

trillian
    Participant

*wanders into the stadium holding a martini with a swizzle stick*

What? What’s going on here? I’m supposed to get into that ring and do what??

Well, first off *hic* I want to snow…I mean know…eshactly…’xactly how big that ring is. And is it safety rated, don’t want to sqwarsh..squash the audience. Are these maritini’s freeze..erm…free? Where’s my robe? Matter of tact…erm..fact, where’s all the others? SAD! whose irst…*hic*…first?

*stumbles around incoherently committing alcohol abuse on the spectators. Finally some men come with a nice white jacket, extra long sleeves and say something about bouncey wall paper and extra white floors*

[ 18-09-2001: Message edited by: trillian ]

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:
    *wanders into the stadium holding a martini with a swizzle stick*

What? What’s going on here? I’m supposed to get into that ring and do what??

[ 18-09-2001: Message edited by: trillian ]

did someone say martinis (fx perks up) nah, too hot…gin and tonics anyone?
    what was the topic again

Anonymous

Fighting with swizzle sticks whilst drinking martini’s?, obviously Squishy is dealing with accomplished athelete’s here, the co-ordination and mental power involved is astounding.
    Squishy not sure he would last too long against such highly trained warriors, besides Squishy not good with swizzle sticks, nothing to hold it with!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

Why don’t we duel for it with those little swords they stick in martinis somtimes?

En gaurde!

Or we could just gang up on her, hehe.

Anonymous

HEHE ๐Ÿ™‚

What a fun distraction ๐Ÿ˜‰

Some great questions too ๐Ÿ™‚

Erm.. but I still need someone to do the interview. Perhaps one of you could colate the questions (with references) and add a few comments yourself…. make it YOUR interview etc. and then I will send it to Alison at Salter Street. She will pass it on and when I get back the answers I’ll add it to the Interviews page.

What do you think? Any volunteers?

Anonymous

We could make it a joint effort. Seriously.

Were you interested in science fiction before this role and if so, what did you like in terms of books, movies?

Did the CG intensive shooting make it harder to act convincingly?

What was your favorite part of making the ep?

What was your least favorite part?

How familir were you with the Lexx backstory?

FX
    Participant

quote:

We could make it a joint effort. Seriously.

well, since hypatia has already shown her command of lexxarcana, and a serious ability to write, i vote for hypatia , besides hypatia, you’re the only sober one here, except for squishy and he doesn’t have a prehensile thumb to collate with…and the rest of us will stop fighting with olive spears and come up with serious questions for this lovely lady, how about it? oh! it’s an omen, i just saw the lexx teaser on scifi for the return of vlad!

how hard was the choreography for the fight scenes? did she and mm have to spend a lot of time working off of each other or do they just work against green screen?
    did she enjoy the physical requirements of the part, or would she rather have had more traditional scenes playing off of the other actors?
    what other sorts of roles is she looking at or involved in?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

well, since hypatia has already shown her command of lexxarcana, and a serious ability to write, i vote for hypatia , besides hypatia, you’re the only sober one here, except for squishy and he doesn’t have a prehensile thumb to collate with…and the rest of us will stop fighting with olive spears and come up with serious questions for this lovely lady, how about it? oh! it’s an omen, i just saw the lexx teaser on scifi for the return of vlad!

how hard was the choreography for the fight scenes? did she and mm have to spend a lot of time working off of each other or do they just work against green screen?
    did she enjoy the physical requirements of the part, or would she rather have had more traditional scenes playing off of the other actors?
    what other sorts of roles is she looking at or involved in?

Squishy votes for nice Hypatia as well, FX could be right about the other’s being too drunk, and Squishy has got something wrong with his thumb!?!
    Seriously, I think you would do us proud Hypatia, and I would ask a question, but I’ve not got a clue as to what to ask.
    Squishy

trillian
    Participant

*runs in with sleeves dragging behind her*

I vote for Hypatia too!

*runs away, looking for some aspirin*

Anonymous

Sadgeezers, I thank you for your gift of selection. I will serve you, I will serve (dis) order and I will serve myself.

Unless anyone else wants to, I’ll start tonite.

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

besides hypatia, you’re the only sober one here,

Sober? *Hic* Whass sober? Whos sober? *hic*.
    Now I need a drink.

Anonymous

‘K, I’m thinking of narrowing the list a little, cause she probably won’t have time to answer everything. But I want to know if it’s ok. But I want to know if it’s ok.

SPOILER;
    Since the end of Fluffdaddy shows Vlad up and kicking, I could cut Lizard’s “Is Vlad frozen for good or will she be thawed out later for an encore?” question.

Trillian’s “is that hair as uncomfortable as it looks? How is that spirally thing in her hair attached? Did she have to duck in doorways because of the height of the hair?” have been merged into-

“One of the many distinctive things about Vlad’s costume is her hair. Was the wig uncomfortable? Was it hard to move around with it on and how did you manage?”

Trillian’s “-Were the fangs uncomfortable?
    -Did they have a tendancy to fall out?
    -Did they have to cut for her to take them out before she would bite?
    -Were they collapsable? ”

Can be merged into-

“Were there problems with the fangs being uncomfortable or falling out? How did thay work?”

And finally Trill’s “Had she heard of Lexx before the role?” and my “How familiar are you with the Lexx backstory” have become

“Was playing Vlad the first time you had heard of Lexx or were you familiar with the plot already?”

“If you wern’t familiar with the plot, did you research the backstory?”

If you think I’ve cut too much, I’ll change it.

Anonymous

If you haven’t yet, take a look at the Magic Baby teaser on Scifi.com. It looks like we’ll be seeing a lot more of Vlad. And it gives a great view of the fangs.

Nice questions, can’t wait to see the answers.
    elmey

FX
    Participant

quote:

‘K, I’m thinking of narrowing the list a little, cause she probably won’t have time to answer everything. But I want to know if it’s ok. If you think I’ve cut too much, I’ll change it.

nope sounds professional even …definitely better than the drunken ramblings here…please find an elegant way to ask her about acting against green screen vs acting against live actor with immediate feed back…i am always intrigued by how they do with no immediate response to feed off of, and if they like it more or less than traditional scenes…thanx hypatia, awesome job as usual (you do realize that by continually setting such high standards you just make life more difficult for yourself right? the rest of us just muddle by drunkenly )

Anonymous

As we speak NB1 is producing massive pots of strong coffee to combat multiple hang-overs on Saddy’s bored……..

There, there, fellow Lexxians NB1 will hold each head individually while you vomit in toilet…..

Everybody feel better now? Good…OMG, NB1 pushed out of the way while Lexxians run back AGAIN for martini shakers!!!!

Anonymous

WARNING!!: Trill is even more deadly when she’s drunk!!

And if this comes down to a knock down drag out fight.. FX’S ASS IS MINE!!!

Anonymous

I want to reply to the viscous rumor thats been circulating about me being sober;

By law, not by choice.

You will be hearing from my lawyer!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:

You mean as a trophy? You’re going to put it on a plaque and hang it on the wall? How does one go about placing an ass on a wall-trophy plaque?

(You’ll notice I deftly circumnavigated the trouble I could have gotten in if I’d phrased that question as “How does one go about mounting an ass?” Caught that one quickly before I hit the “Add Reply” button. I mean, I don’t want to cause this board to descend even *further* into the gutter. Well, at least I don’t want to be *blamed* for it.)

–Aleck

Anonymous

Tsk tsk, Aleck.. of all people, I thought you’d be able to answer that question yourself. I am dismayed at the lack of immagination

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    Tsk tsk, Aleck.. of all people, I thought you’d be able to answer that question yourself. I am dismayed at the lack of immagination

That’s because I don’t preserve the asses of my victims. Shrunken heads all the way, baby. Well, except for the more important trophies, and I keep their heads mounted above the fireplace in the hunting lodge.

–Aleck

trillian
    Participant

Hypatia: Wonderful molding of the questions, thank you! Brain storming on my part can be dangerous and confusing!

X: You think I’m nasty when I’m DRUNK? You should see me with a hangover!

Aleck: Shrunken heads? Erp…I’m not gonna say a thing, not one single little thing. *giggle, I said little, giggle*

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    WARNING!!: Trill is even more deadly when she’s drunk!!

yipes…well, i don’t use it much, i suppose you can have it

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

(You’ll notice I deftly circumnavigated the trouble I could have gotten in if I’d phrased that question as “How does one go about mounting an ass?” . I mean, I don’t want to cause this board to descend even *further* into the gutter. –Aleck

aleck, your restraint shames me

Anonymous

Welp Hypatia, It looks like yer the best LEXXian for the job. How do you want to do this? Would you like to email Alison direct, or would you like me to email your questions?

I have sent you a private message with her details and a copy of the (full email that she sent me) for you consideration.

Thamnks

Anonymous

‘K, I start on interview now. I’m putting up the first half here before I send it out.

First some questions about production of Lexx,

Trillian wants me to ask about your characters *distinctive* costume;

Was the wig uncomfortable? Did wearing it make it hard for you to move around the set and how did you manage?

What about the fangs? Did you have problems with them being uncomfortable or falling out? How did thay work?”

More about production;

Headgehog wondered what you really drank in the scenes where you were drinking protoblood?

FX was wondering whether the fight scenes were hard to choreograph?

Did you enjoy them anyway or not?

Lexx is heavy on computer graphics. We would like to know if that made it harder to act convincingly?

What was filming like? Do you have a favorite memory or a horror story that you’d like to share?

Some questions about you as an actor,

Lizard would like to now if you’ve worked in science fiction roles before? If yes, what were you in?

Trillian and I want to know;

“Was playing Vlad the first time you had heard of Lexx or were you familiar with the plot already?”

“If you wern’t familiar with the plot, did you research the backstory?”

Trillian would like to know if you’ve done work for Salter Street before?

How did you get the role of Vlad?

What did you think the first time you read the script?

Have you seen the actual episode? If you did, what did you think of it?

I would like to know;
    Were you interested in science fiction before you got the role?

If so, what are your favorite scifi movies and books?

FX would like to know what other types of roles you’re interested in or will be in soon.

Yaawn, I’m tired and will finish and polish some more over the next few days.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

(You’ll notice I deftly circumnavigated the trouble I could have gotten in if I’d phrased that question as “How does one go about mounting an ass?” I mean, I don’t want to cause this board to descend even *further* into the gutter.

–Aleck

Well, Aleck, being the prim and proper woman that I am I would have answered, “One simply places saddle on ass’s back and deftly climbs on” And also being the red-blooded, Lexxian I am I would also say “How does one go about mounting an ass? Just about as often as one can!” You mean this gutter goes down FURTHER??? I used to be prim and proper before Lexx, now I am propped and primed!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

yipes…well, i don’t use it much, i suppose you can have it

BOOYAH!!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:

BOOYAH!!!

X, I suggest we put FX’s ass on the Ebay auction for collectible Lexx items!!!…now where did I put that platinum card!?!
    Squishy the Gutter Lizard

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:

X, I suggest we put FX’s ass on the Ebay auction for collectible Lexx items!!!…now where did I put that platinum card!?!
    Squishy the Gutter Lizard

excuuuse me, a little respect please! and besides, no one is gonna pay you money for it (god knows i’ve tried to sell it when times were rough)…besides, it was given to x for personal use only, not to be rented out copied etc etc….

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.