Voyager-The Return Convention

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Voyager-The Return Convention

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Just booked 2 tickets for the Voyager Convention in Blackpool on 28th July. I’m soooo excited. I’m taking my other half with me, though she doesn’t know it yet. This will be my first convention, so I dont really know what to expect. I know the guests include Janeway, Tuvok, Paris, The Doctor, Nelix and Captain Ransom.
    Is anyone else going to this. If so it would be cool to meet up.
    Can anyone tell me what happens at a typical event?

Anonymous

how what wherey why, i need tickets is it ever coming to anywhere near befordshire (bermbingham will do or london) where do i go to get information???

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”
    “Whats He doing in the car park?
    “Parking Cars Dumb dumb what else does one do in a car park? – HHGTTG

crusader
    Participant

If you can I think you should goe to it!!!

When you get a chanse to goe to a Star Trek convention (Or any Sci/fi) I say doe it!!!

I had ha chance to goe to one in Sweden 2 times! (Well, something like it!!!) (One in Gothenburg (Treekie meating) and Malmö) Well, I never came around to it and have regreted it ever since!!!

I guess noone knows when the next in Sweden will be?

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Its happening in Blackpool, on the 27th-29th July. Tickets for the whole weekend are £60, but for 1 day they are £35. Apparently Saturday will be the best day to go. They’ve sold over 2000 tickets already so it should be a great weekend.
    Go to http://www.wolfevents.co.uk for more info.

Anonymous

hope i can still get a ticket, i should have some money to pay for it by july

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”

Anonymous

do you know how much longer tickets will be on sale for?

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”

Anonymous

You’ll have to be quick Jabbs. When I rang up to book, the guy said they had sold more than 2000 tickets and there were about 800 left.
    Beg, plead, steal, do whatever it takes. But get that ticket. You’ll hate yourself if you dont.

Anonymous

no im not going to hate myself im going to hate my parents who said i couldnt go as my granny is moving in on that weekend!!!

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”

Anonymous

Parents!!
    Who’d have em, eh?
    Its a shame you cant make it.
    As Captain Kirk once said, “sounds like fun”.

Anonymous

yeah, are they ever going to do any more voyager conventions?

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”

Anonymous

Not sure. Probably, but this convention is being held to commemorate the end of Voyager. Apparently it will be Kate Mulgrew’s first UK appearance. Not sure if Jeri Ryan will be there, but it would be a real bonus if she was. Whooa down boy… sorry, just getting a bit excited (about the convention)

Anonymous

yeah i just saw the episode with 7 in that nice red costume – SHE IS FINE!!!

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”

Anonymous

Oh Yes, very fine. I’ve only just found out that she is seeing one of Star Treks producers, Brannon Braga.
    Is he the luckiest guy on the planet or what.
    Not only is he involved in probably the best sci fi show on tv, but he also gets up close and personal with probably the sexiest chick of all time.
    I HATE YOU BRAGA!!!!!!

Anonymous

STOP IT PLEASE JUST STOP IT I CANT BARE IT ANYMORE I WANT TO GO BUT INEVER GOT TICKETS .

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

Latest news is that Rob Labelle (crazy Eddie in 1st Wave) will be attending, as well as Alice Krige(borg queen), Keegan Delancie (Q), Richard Herd (Admiral Paris) and a few behind the scenes guests, such as Jackie Edwards who is the personal assistant for Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner and Marina Sirtis.
    11 days to go and counting.
    Anyone else here going to this event?

——————
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Replicant Roy Batty in Bladerunner.

Anonymous

Just thought Id let you all know how it went on Saturday.
    Firstly, my wife and I arrived at the convention at around 8.45 and headed straight for the main hall. Robert Duncan McNeil was the first to talk and was really interesting and very funny.
    Next up was Richard Herd, who was ok but I felt a bit sorry for him cause lots of people(including me) got up after 10 minutes and left the hall.
    Robert Picardo was next on and he was brilliant. Very funny, down to earth and he even sang!!!
    Keegan Delancie was ok, as was Rob Labelle.
    Alice Krige was very popular with the crowd, but Kate Mulgrew was outstanding. She was very entertaining and funny.
    Kate decided to auction a script from the episode Hunters which had her notes and revisions on it. She started the bidding at £1000 with the money raised going to Alzaimhers. In the end 2 people were bidding for it, and it finally went to one fan for £5500!!!
    One of the gripes I had was with some of the fans. A few of them actually started crying when they were asking her a question, saying she was an inspiration to them. I thought they were going to shout “We’re not worthy, we’re not worthy”.
    It was starting to turn into one of those evagelist church meetings you see in America.

Anyway, the high light of the day for me was meeting Roger Cross (Joshua from 1st Wave).
    He walked past me to sit at a table, and I said to my wife “He looks very familiar”. A minute later it dawned on me who he was, (He looks smaller in the flesh) and I rushed over to get his autograph. I shook his hand, got a signed photo and asked him a question about the show, and then the woman next to him said “That will be £10 please!!” That was my only other gripe. All the actors there were charging for autographs, and I think Kate was charging £20.
    I also said hello to Terrl Rothery, the doctor from SG1, and David Prowse, Darth Vader and saw the guy who plays Rev Bem in Andromeda.
    Tim Russ and Ethan Phillips were on after Kate, and they were a great double act.(Tim looks very nice in the flesh, according to Debbie).
    All in all it was a brilliant day out, even Debbie enjoyed it, and I would recommend it to anyone.
    It was a day I will remember for a long time.

[This message has been edited by dodgydaz (edited August 01, 2001).]

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.