waiting for LEXX

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Gee, I don’t know about all of you, but I’ll be glad when the new season starts. I just wish Lexx would do more than 4 seasons. You can always find something “”Star Trek” on TV, the series, stories..etc are like the energizer bunny…they keep going and going and going. Don’t get me wrong, I have watched Star Trek too… but ultimatly love the oddness of LEXX. All other shows seem predictable. I guess I’m having Lexx withdrawal symptpoms!! I can only watch re-runs so many times.

[This message has been edited by sapphire753 (edited April 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

Last I heard Lexx would be showing season 4 beginning July 28 on the US sci fi channel. I have to give myself a break occasionally from Lexx, but my limit is about three days, then I slap those tapes into the vcr and satify the craving. Good thing I’ve got them, otherwise I would be even more the raving lunatic.

Anonymous

Yeah, me too
    A viewing of Brigadoom really goes a long way with me. Star Trek reruns sometimes help. Wonderwoman reruns are making me insane. But the occasional conversation on Inside the Acors Studio on Bravo helps me weather out the storms. Chris Walken was on again, that’s always a welcome rerun.
    A special treat was Fatboy Slim’s new video (seen on VH1’s morning music mix) of Chris stepping to the beat. I just slid up next to my TV shouting, “Go, Chris, go Chris!” (And shimmying to the beat of course!) Squeeling is a regular outburst whilst watching Chris dance. He’s the only other person on the Earth who can make me go “Eiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!” beside MM, Mandrid and the flying codpiece, that is.

Anonymous

Oh, my goodness! When I saw that video with Walken I was in a half-awake, half-asleep state and I thought I was trippin’! Just trippin’! I lay there in bed with my mouth wide open, staring at the tube, waiting for someone to cut in, sayin’ it was a joke or something. I didn’t realize it was a video until he sat down and the video credit came on (I missed the opening credit). I loved it! Christopher Walken is a man of endless surprises and talents!

Sapph, I don’t know what to tell ya ’bout re-runs, honey. I mean, there are re-runs and there are re-runs. There are shows that come along that you like, that you watch and y’know if they happen along again, you’ll catch ’em again, maybe. Then, there are shows that come along that stop you in your tracks, that make you gawk at the screen, that mark a generation, that create new art forms, that scar you for life, that change you for life, these films are new almost every time you put them in your VCR, DVD, what have you. An example, I am very hard-pressed to pass up a Twilight Zone Marathon. And, if I walk past a TV screen that has any part of the StarWars trilogy playing, I will be immobilized instantly, until the credits have finished rolling. Now, Lexx may not be Ben Hur or Star Wars but it is different enough from the ‘herd’ that I have stayed and gawked, and can gawk afresh for many, many moons to come. Now, Lexx falls in the re-run category. I need those DVDs because my tapes, unlike the EveryReady Bunny, are not gonna keep going and going and going, at this rate. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m always finding new stuff when I re-view episodes (hey, maybe I’m slow that way )

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 23, 2001).]

Anonymous

I know what you mean Black Cloud. I will almost always see something I missed before when reviewing Lexx and for that matter, some of the other things I watch many times. My friend thinks I’m nuts! I went ahead and invested in the DVD thing. I swore I wouldn’t, but well, I’m a gadget freak. I got the 1st season dvds the other day and after figuring out how to make the machine go, watched 1 and 2. I’ll say, the sharpness of the movies on DVD is impressive! I ordered them from Video Flicks and can hardly wait for the 2nd season DVD to come out.I’m saving Eating Pattern and Giga Shadow for a special day that may arrive soon.

trillian
    Participant

OM goodness! wasn’t that Walken video a scream? The first time I saw it, I laughed my hooties off. I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Then I thought, that guy has some real balls. (sorry, hope I don’t offend anyone there) Not everyday you see a “villian” dancing around like Astaire. *chuckle*

I’m missing some fresh Lexx too. I like the re-runs, gives me a chance to tape what I missed the first time, but staying up until two is just something I can’t do every Sunday. At least my VCR loves me again for using it so much.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

Well, You guys are right. It’s not that I don’t like the re-runs of Lexx, I’m always certain to catch something new that I missed before, and I TRUELY don’t mind watching Kai over and over again. I guess I was bummed that they always change the times and I’m always missing the episodes!!!! I just finally got to see K-Town last night. But missed all the other episodes that they re-played up until then. I knew that the shows were changing time slots and that they would be starting in April. Sometimes, there is so much going on with the kids etc.. that I lose track of what day, month etc… it is. My son had alot going at pre-school,trips, mommy days, they put on a show and then I had to prep him and me for his up-coming surgery. Doc visits, hospital visits, preping for the surgery itself, preparing him etc….all that good stuff. So time just flew by until everything was over and I realized I had missed all the 2pm showings!!
    But I got to record K-Town!!!!! First time I saw it was last night, I’m glad I recorded it!!! Kai, Kai,Kai!!! The one and only time I will ever call a Dead guy Luscious!!!!Ha Ha!!! I’ll be wearing that tape out!!

Maritas
    Participant

I can watch the reruns a few times but there are cerain episodes that I never EVER get tired of watching – Brigadoom – WOZ – Wake the Dead and Twilight.

The other episodes I can deal with the ones that I mentioned – I need to watch every couple of weeks – just to keep me sane.

Maritas

lizard
    Participant

Originally posted by sapphire753:
    Well, You guys are right. Sometimes, there is so much going on with the kids etc.. that I lose track of what day, month etc… it is. My son had alot going at pre-school,trips, mommy days, they put on a show and then I had to prep him and me for his up-coming surgery. QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that your pre-schooler has to have surgery! I hope that everything is OK! I am a Mom of a preschooler too, so I can imagine how stressful it could be. Needless to say that I have missed most of the 2am reruns too. Since my VCR is smitten with VCR voodoo almost everytime I have to tape Lexx I only have a few on video.

I want to re-watch some of the episodes to analyse the intriguing Kai / Prince /Xev interactions.

trillian
    Participant

Hope all goes well for your son Sapphire.

I only got WTD, Twilight and Woz on tape from Season 2. DRAT! Those aren’t bad, mind you, but I would love the chance to get Brigadoom on tape.

Season 2 seems so long ago!

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.