WARNING – False emails from SadGeezer.Com

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff WARNING – False emails from SadGeezer.Com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

There have been false e-mails sent from sadgeezer.com about a virus warning. The mail contains attached files, for example “info.zip”.

This file contains the virus W32.BAGLE.H@mm.

DO NOT OPEN THIS FILE! DELETE THIS MESSAGE WITHOUT OPENING IT!
    We never attach any files in our e-mails.

Below is a copy of what the message may look like:

Dear user, the management of Sadgeezer.com mailing system wants to let you know that,

Your e-mail account will be disabled because of improper using in next three days, if you are still wishing to use it, please, resign your account information.

For details see the attach.

For security reasons attached file is password protected. The password is “15184”.

Sincerely,
    The Sadgeezer.com team

or something like this:

Dear user of e-mail server “Sadgeezer.com”,

Our antivirus software has detected a large ammount of viruses outgoing from your email account, you may use our free anti-virus tool to clean up your computer software.

For further details see the attach.

In order to read the attach you have to use the following password: 15184.

Have a good day,
    The Sadgeezer.com team

๐Ÿ™

pet
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฏ โ— ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

I don’t think ๐Ÿ™ covers it. You need this:

Pet

Anonymous

You should clarify false emails that *appear* to be from Sadgeezer.com – it’s really easy to fake an email address in the From: line (I’ll demonstrate for anyine who wants to see).

If it makes you feel any better, this is happening to many people with many different domains.

theFrey
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

You should clarify false emails that *appear* to be from Sadgeezer.com – it’s really easy to fake an email address in the From: line (I’ll demonstrate for anyine who wants to see).

If it makes you feel any better, this is happening to many people with many different domains.

Yep, yep. I have received some that ‘appear’ to be sent from my own websites host server. With variations of my name no less. ๐Ÿ˜› โ— โ— That sucks! ๐Ÿ™

Jhevz
    Participant

Thanks all,
    I’ll have to keep an eye out for that & make sure not to open that; in fact, for any posts I do post here, I’ll check them when I get here, that way, if I get anything in my e-mail, I’ll just put in its folder.
    Thanks for the helpful advice & I’ll keep my eye out.

Posters Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fatguy
    Participant

I got the same e-mails from another source…..they look legite but I was too lazy to open attachments…..lucky me…..

nursewhen
    Participant

Most of my emails go straight into thewastebasket. I’m even considering attaching my shredder to my letter box.

pet
    Participant
    nursewhen wrote:

Most of my emails go straight into thewastebasket. I’m even considering attaching my shredder to my letter box.

LOL! I’ve seen a few people with wastebaskets attached to their mailbox posts for junk mail deliveries.

I had people accuse me of sending them spam after some spammer started using its lists as return addresses as well. Luckily now that I can create 600 email addresses I can make a new one for every place I visit and track down once and for all who is selling my address when they said they wouldn’t.

I always expect everyone to know not to accept attatchments by now. Isn’t it all over the news every time there’s an email outbreak?

Pet

theFrey
    Participant

Normally if I am sending people attachments, I also send them an email without an attachment telling them that I sent one. I also tell them what the attachment is, so if they get something they are not expecting, they can be suspicious.

Once in a while, I get an attachment I wasn’t expecting. Then I email them and ask, “Hey! whats up?” I do this BEFORE I open the attachment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.