We ARE All Golgafrinchams!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This web page notes (and I quote) “The home planet of Trillian and Arthur, it was destroyed by the Vogons and rebuilt by the Mice. Now it’s inhabited by Golgafrinchams!… Confused? You will be!” I offer that the confusing bit is from the misinformed. The mice have not REBUILT Earth. Rather, Arthur and Ford travel back in time (albeit without proper Dalorean or TARDIS) and the Golgafrinchams are the forefathers of humnity. The dregs noone wanted became us…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by TeganForlani:
    I offer that the confusing bit is from the misinformed. The mice have not REBUILT Earth. Rather, Arthur and Ford travel back in time (albeit without proper Dalorean or TARDIS) and the Golgafrinchams are the forefathers of humnity. The dregs noone wanted became us…

Missinformed… Hmm. I know what you’re getting at, but I think you’re wrong to assume that there wasn’t a second Earth. The mice were in the process of getting the Magratheans to re-build earth before Arthur and the crew went to Milliways. It may have been that Arthur and his pals travelled back in time to that “second earth”, the ones the mice built.

I also think that the Galgafrinchams aren’t the forefathers of humanity (as you suppose). If they were, then that woman wouldn’t have been able to shout ‘eureka’ a second after the earth was blown up. That is, if everyone was decended from the Golgafrinchams, the program wouldn’t have worked… it would have been doomed from the start and probably abandoned milenia before.

Much as I’d like to, I can’t believe that the Golgafrinchams became us – there is a big hole in the plot somewhere and it’s that hole that is confusing.

I’d really like to know which Earth it was that they ended up on. I’m almost convinced it wasn’t the first one.

(albeit without proper Dalorean or TARDIS)

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited 01-31-2001).]

Anonymous
    Inactive

The HHGTG books involve a lot of time travel and parallel universe theory.. perhaps in some realities, like the one Fenny comes from, the Golgafrinchans never reached earth?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.