We have a Lexx Fan Table at Dragon*Con!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions We have a Lexx Fan Table at Dragon*Con!

• This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Good news peoples. we have a Lexx Fan table in the concourse of the Marriott! Hooo Ray!!!!!

hummm, now we will need to decide what knid of info and display we want.

*theFrey wishes she had a decent lap top so she could have DVD’s running* sigh

But I am sure there are many things we can think of.

And anyone who wants to help the man the table can email me. We have it for Saturday and Sunday. I know I myself am looking forward to having a place to centrally meet and leave messages ect…. Oh alright and to sit down in the central area and watch the crowds and promote Lexx while resting my feet. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜€ Yippee!
    That is good news! And, I will happily lug the dvd playing laptop down there too! I’ll even throw in an electrician to take care of our wiring needs, if such should occur! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I was also thinking of a large flatscreen T.V. & a VCR so Valdron could share his interesting little this ‘n thats with us!!!
    Perhaps the hotels could provide us?! 8)

theFrey
    Participant

Actually, for a few brief moments early (3:00 a.m.) Monday morning, a top-o-the-line Sony Laptop glittered before my eyes. ๐Ÿ˜€

TheSpouse hit the tables up for about $9000.00 in profit, and said if I wanted one, go get one…. Sigh… ๐Ÿ™ I was sorely tempted. But, I decided that that $1,600.00 plus tax would be better spent getting the hovel livable so we can move. That chunk of change can buy a new sink, dishwasher and counter top if I don’t go crazy.

So since you and HDS have dvd laptops, I guess I should get the electrical request in to Dragon*Con. I think having the DVD’s playing would be an ideal way to highlight the show. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, speaking of an electrical hook up….. which costs bucks…… RAFFLE!!!! Check it out! Buy many chances!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ http://www.thefrey.com/raffle.htm

Anonymous
    ”Trini_T” wrote:

I was also thinking of a large flatscreen T.V. & a VCR so Valdron could share his interesting little this ‘n thats with us!!!
    Perhaps the hotels could provide us?!

Most conventions have an “official” supplier for A-V equipment. Though you’ll get a better deal if you rent it yourself. If you’re interested I can probably get you the names of some good rental places.

Hey, if I make it down there, I don’t mind working at the table.

elmey

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜€ Thanx elmey! If you got some names handy that would make for a great start. No reason to wait to price stuff up! You don’t happen to have any favors you could call in on something like this…would you? ๐Ÿ˜‰ e-mail me a list, if you get a chance! My e-mail addy is in your messages!

Jhevz
    Participant

Wow, that’s great Frey,
    Over the weekend, at 1 of the Dealers’ Tables at Gally, I bought a picture of Kai & I’ll bring it as well as a video tape of the 4 movies (yet to be watched) of how the show got started; I also have a couple more pictures & a trading card that I bought at the last Dragon*Con that I’ll bring with me.
    If you want, I can also bring some flyers of the next Gally Convention with me, as well as some pictures I took with my new digital camera.
    If you also want me to I can make some Lexx jewelry to show off or something. I can also make a scrapbook of our last Dragon*Con get-together or something similar.
    As soon as I can, I’ll tell you people all about the Gally Convention, who were the guests & so much more; I’ll even show you some pictures I took with my new digital camera as soon as I install the software; I’ll even tell you people about next yr’s Gally.
    Take care, have a great Winter & I’ll post about the Gally Con soon.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

ManOwaR
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

And anyone who wants to help the man the table can email me. We have it for Saturday and Sunday. I know I myself am looking forward to having a place to centrally meet and leave messages ect…. Oh alright and to sit down in the central area and watch the crowds and promote Lexx while resting my feet. ๐Ÿ˜€

You know you can count me in ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

You guys are totally TOTALLY fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    SadGeezer wrote:

You guys are totally TOTALLY fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜€

Na,,,,, were better then that ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

HDS, do I have to explain the word Hubris again? ๐Ÿ˜€ lol!

Thank You Saddy, we all try very hard to do our best. Both for Lexx and Sadgeezer.com.

Speaking of Sadgeezer…. I still do not have that high res copy of the Sad Logos. Going to be kind of hard to put it on things being hung and displayed at Dragon con if I do not get it. Whatever shall I replace it with? I need stuff for the table, banners and costumes of the minions, and yet I have no logo….. sigh. After all, with out Sadgeezer.com and New Kate’s Russian site a lot of us might not have stayed around long enough to become such hard core fans. But, no pressure. ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

Speaking of Sadgeezer…. I still do not have that high res copy of the Sad Logos. Going to be kind of hard to put it on things being hung and displayed at Dragon con if I do not get it.

I’m sorry to say it, but I don’t have a high res sg logo ๐Ÿ™ The Photoishop files were lost in a disk crash a couple of years ago and everything that is on the sit enow is a re-has of existing stuff.

Here is what I have, hope it’s useful :/

theFrey
    Participant

Thank You Saddy. ๐Ÿ˜€ I will see what I can do.

Sigh…. it is so important that minion wear be accessoried correctly.

Anonymous

8) Have Sad & New Kate ever been to the States? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    ”Trini_T” wrote:

8) Have Sad & New Kate ever been to the States? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes, I used to work in Los Angeles (years and years ago) and me an NewKate visited New York for our honeymoon ๐Ÿ™‚ We stayed with a pal on Long Island. It was great! ๐Ÿ˜€

I REALLY wish we could make it to the DragonCon, but we’ve just bought a new house and we have a big trip to visit family in Russia in the next few month โ—

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.