Weekly Sci Fi SadGeezer Video Podcast

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Weekly Sci Fi SadGeezer Video Podcast

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Ive been in talks with a graphics company to see about setting up sadgeezer tv. Current thinking is a video podcast that you can download and watch on your PC featuring the following:

[list]Interactive review of current sci fi episodes or shows

Me and Newkate and maybe a couple of others would host it.

We would have skyped guests (sci fi sadgeezers with lots of cool experience of sci fi – eg. Logan, Headge, Frey and Pet … and others of course).

Maybe we could have invited guests.

A cartoon series (in the style of Futurama) produced by the graphics company (Media Superstars – by the way, one of the partners is the geezer who designed the graphics for this site (when it was REALLY graphical) and the sadgeezer animated flash cartoon)

Video reviews of shows sent in by other sadgeezers.

A News Section filmed live while the skype crew are online and while the SadGeezer chatroom is open so that anyone can contribute news and info and most of all comment.

Produced weekly (probably released on a Sunday)

In a similar format to Track Shun and Command N (and maybe TWiT video podcasts)[/list:u]

What do you think?

Anonymous

Flamegrape. Would you be interested in being part of this?

Headgehog
    Participant

Whoa, very very cool idea! Let me know if you need any help from me.

Anonymous
    Headgehog wrote:

Haha ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s a joke right! Do you have a Skype phone? Do you have a video camera? Can you do video reviews of the shows you review? ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, sure we need your help! How are you fixed for small video shorts of you reviewing BSG? Can you get hold of a Skype phone so that you can be part of the show?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not totally equipped for the task right now, but what a cracking idea. I have some ideas, and, time-permitting, I’d like to give it a shot.

Anonymous

I’m trying to get my head round the technical stuff.

The show would be 20mins to 30 mins long each week. There would be about foiur presenters round a table with a TV. They would talk about recent Sci Fi news and introduce guest clips from other sci fi sadgeezers who would send in theor video clips (around 2 mins pere clip – usually a review or comment about a show(s))

The panel would be hopefully joined by long-standing and recognised sci fi sadgeezers such as Hedge, Frey, Pet and you Logan – or any cool sci fi sadgeezers or lady sadgeezers. Each would have a skype headset (though I would have a conference phone for the panel). Yep, the actual show would be recorded live!

I need to fix up an audio mixer and do a few tests. I’ll keep you all posted on how they go.

Oh, and there will be a graphics company involved to do the graphics and sound (very good, we’ve used them before).

The whole thing should be quite professional and yet seem like a bunch of sci fi fans meeting for a chat about cool sci fi once a week – that’s the aim anyway.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Awesome idea!

That would be real good… especially now that I have a high speed internet connection at home. I could download the stuff and laugh at how funny you guys look. ๐Ÿ˜›

Hollydays
    Participant

WOW

Are you frackin kidding me?!

This is awesome!!!!!

yippee!

“Tune in next week: same sad channel, same sad time”

LOL 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

pet
    Participant

I would love to watch, but I am spending all of my off time on Loki right now. Plus I don’t have whatever that thingy is, and my camera is an actual camera, not a webcam, and my connection is… well, heh. I’d better not say anything or they might cut me off.

But if Loki does any Sci-Fi besides the Twin Peaks catnip thing, I’d be honored if you would accept a file. ๐Ÿ™‚ He could perhaps do a commentary or something.

(I’m all about the Loki these days!)

Pet

Anonymous

Yeah!

Checked out Loki, VERY cool – wadda blast! Looks like you’re already into the technology and sure, I’d love to host any sci fi related toon you make!

Maybe you could be one of the team that skypes in live to give your views, news on sci fi stuff you’ve seen/heard/have feelings about?

theFrey
    Participant

She is talented isn’t she ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

I’m not totally equipped for the task right now, but what a cracking idea. I have some ideas, and, time-permitting, I’d like to give it a shot.

I’ve PM’d you about details of the first skype chat to set things up ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Headgehog wrote:

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

She is talented isn’t she ๐Ÿ˜€

Hehe ๐Ÿ™‚ I know you haven’t actually asked to be part of this, but it’d be great if you could!

Anonymous
    pet wrote:

I don’t have whatever that thingy is, and my camera is an actual camera, not a webcam, and my connection is… well, heh. I’d better not say anything or they might cut me off….

I’ve PM’d you anyway about details of the first skype chat to set the podcast up ๐Ÿ™‚

You don’t actually need a camera to be part of this, and the skype thing is free – all you need is a headset (a fiver, or I’ll send you one!) or mic and speakers. I’ve pM’d you details just in case.

Anonymous
    Hollydays wrote:

WOW

Are you frackin kidding me?!

๐Ÿ˜€

Hope you can be part of it!

pet
    Participant

Loki’s just ordered The Cat from Outer Space for review. ๐Ÿ˜†

I haven’t seen any current Sci-Fi. I’m livin’ in the past, man.

happy_little_elf
    Participant

I’m a first time poster, long time browser, but i was happy to hear about the possible sadgeezer podcast! Also since tech was mentioned, i thought i’d post a link to a handy podcasting tutorial video i saw recently:

http://revision3.com/systm/podcasting/

best of luck!

Anonymous

Thanks happy_, I’ll check it out. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    happy_little_elf wrote:

I’m a first time poster, long time browser, but i was happy to hear about the possible sadgeezer podcast! Also since tech was mentioned, i thought i’d post a link to a handy podcasting tutorial video i saw recently:

http://revision3.com/systm/podcasting/

best of luck!

Wow – wadda blast that was – almost put me off! ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess those guys are the professionals – I know Leo Laport is the podcast guru (worlds most popular podcast an’ all) but $500 for a headset (and he bought 4 or them for his guest presenters!!!

I’m buying my guest presenters headsets for $11 each ๐Ÿ™‚

The things is, SadCAST wont be the most professional show out there, but it’ll sure be a lot of fun! I hope you like it when we finally get round to getting one done. ๐Ÿ™‚

happy_little_elf
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

Wow – wadda blast that was – almost put me off! ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess those guys are the professionals – I know Leo Laport is the podcast guru (worlds most popular podcast an’ all) but $500 for a headset (and he bought 4 or them for his guest presenters!!!

I’m buying my guest presenters headsets for $11 each ๐Ÿ™‚

The things is, SadCAST wont be the most professional show out there, but it’ll sure be a lot of fun! I hope you like it when we finally get round to getting one done. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ack, i hope it wasn’t discouraging! I think since they are the techie sort, (also keep in mind they all come from a professional television background (their podcast is called diggnation, it’s pretty fun)) they tend to be overly concerned about things looking and sounding polished. But i like that they are big fans of using open source stuff, hopefully there were some useful things in there. I’m not hung up on professional sounding podcasts though, i’d be very grateful for a sadcast in whatever form!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.