WELCOME BACK TO MY NECK OF THE WOODS,…GEEZER!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub WELCOME BACK TO MY NECK OF THE WOODS,…GEEZER!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

Believe it or not, the “Geezer” website was down with no online explainations for a couple of days in my “neck” of the Ohio woods!! ๐Ÿ˜•

I was a’missin’ out on some of my favOrite comments and scifi stuff! ๐Ÿ˜ก

So, welcome back to Ohio, Saddy and all of the little “Geezers!” ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

๐Ÿ™

The idiots at Paypal refused to pay the idiots at my ISP (bgfweb) who promptly suspended the account. I’ve told them to re-open the account until they can find out what the problem is (coz it’s nothing to do with me!) and hopefully Paypal and BGFWeb are battling it out as we speak – hopefully they’ll at least severely maim each other….

MuadDib
    Participant

All I can say is thank the *Insert name of appropriate deity* that the site is back up, everyone in my college library thought I was mad when I suddenlky screamed out “NOOO!!!!” when I couldn’t connect. (NB: They thought a relative had died or I had gone bankrupt or something)

YOWAYYO
    Participant

I honestly thought my company had had enough of me “screwing off” during work hours and somehow suspended my access to this website to teach me a lesson. Only when I got home did I realize that was not the case.

Phew! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sidhecafe
    Participant

YOWAYYO wrote:

I honestly thought my company had had enough of me “screwing off” during work hours and somehow suspended my access to this website to teach me a lesson. Only when I got home did I realize that was not the case.

Phew!

Hee, nah I’d never think that at my company, if they were like that we wouldn’t have the beer taps in the kitchen….course it’s a beer company anyway! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Actually we’re not suppose to drink until after 4:30 pm. ๐Ÿ˜€ so 6 more hours til a beverage.

corvina
    Participant

This is dreadful but lets air those paranoias! yeah the site went down and although I’ve only been a sadladygeezer for a little over a month I really was at a loss – hell I went running a quarter mile down the jetty to another ship with web acess just to check! How sad is that? I was in a worse state than when Lexx came to an end here on C5…

Headgehog
    Participant

We’ve got some dedicated sadgeezers here.

Sidhecafe wrote:

Actually we’re not suppose to drink until after 4:30 pm. ๐Ÿ˜€ so 6 more hours til a beverage.

Is that when the day shift ends?
    That’s cool though, the most I get is a broken water fountain and a refrigerator condemned by the local health department. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Headgehog wrote:

We’ve got some dedicated sadgeezers here.

Sidhecafe wrote:
    Actually we’re not suppose to drink until after 4:30 pm. so 6 more hours til a beverage.

Is that when the day shift ends?
    That’s cool though, the most I get is a broken water fountain and a refrigerator condemned by the local health department.

My shift ends at 5pm! Lots of folks work late though…I’m in the corporate office, they make the beer across town, and in Cincy + a couple of contract brewing places…must have fresh beer to all parts of the country! ๐Ÿ˜‰

My post for that was time stamped at 2:19, but I wrote that mid morning EST.

Sorry to hear about the bubblar! Sounds like you need a small fridge under your work station ๐Ÿ˜‰ !

Will definately miss my free beer perks when I start school in the Fall. A sad but happy day…bittersweet even….considering the tradition of religious orders brewing beer throughout time I think theology and brewing are complimentary in many way…..

YOWAYYO
    Participant
    ”Sidhecafe”Hee, wrote:

Yeah, my supervisor’s boss will periodically run internet activity reports to see what we’re up to ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me asking (and if you’d rather not say, it’s cool) but do you happen to work for that brewery that produces the delicious Samuel Adams? Just curious.

When I worked at PwC a few years back, we had a pretty good deal also. Snacks like pretzels, nuts, and candy were available in silver platters throughout the office. Plus our fridge was regularly stocked with frozen sausage biscuits, fruit, yogurt and the like. The best, of course, was the beer. The good stuff, too: Corona, Heineken, Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock. The reasoning being that we should be able to “unwind” while puttin’ in the OT…suckers (me and my coworkers, that is.) Anyway, PwC put an end to all that once we all started to blow through the goods (a month’s supply) after about a week and a half. Well, those days are gone forever. I should just let them go, but…oops. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Anyway, beer taps in the Kitchen… 8)

Sidhecafe
    Participant

YOWAYYO wrote:

Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me asking (and if you’d rather not say, it’s cool) but do you happen to work for that brewery that produces the delicious Samuel Adams? Just curious.

Anyway, beer taps in the Kitchen…

It’s weird, being the receptionist for a company that’s got a recognizable brand in some parts of the States is a bit of low grade hapazard reknown. I mean, no one ususally thinks about who answers the phone when you call Guinness, or Kellogg or BMW.
    But once you have met that person, or reveal yourself as such, people are entertained and amused by it.

It never occured to me that something like that would happen. I just liked the beer and heard it was a good place to work.

And the taps in the kitchen helped sell me on it too! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

YOWAYYO
    Participant

I hear what you’re screamin’. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sidhecafe wrote:

And the taps in the kitchen helped sell me on it too! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I’ve always said that a “swift half” would make the workday pass by so much faster!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

AAAAhhhhhh! Friday!
    I’m wishing it was 4:30 now so I could indulge in a little Summer Ale, before I have to hop a train to the northern shore for the weekend….
    40 more minutes til beer o’clock!

And I will toast all my fellow sadgeezers emphatically, wish you all were here!

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

And happy to be back!! Anyone,..who wants to discuss scifi books,..I’ll be over in the “pub!” ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.