Welcome everybody!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The longthreatened new and improved sadboard has arrived!This means all of you can post when the mood hits you hopefully with a minimum of hassle. I am your humble moderator and I am eager to hear from you…As you know those of us in the US have not seen all of the third season however thus far it seems darker although equally twisted. What do you guys think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the welcome

Anonymous

SADBOARD IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SITES AND I WASN’T HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE UNTIL I CHECKED IT OUT A BIT MORE AND I THINK IT IS GOING TO BE ALOT BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE…EVEN THOUGH I DO STILL MISS THE OLD ONE. I’M SURE IT’LL BE BUSIER AFTER 1-5-2001

CrankyTemplar
    Participant

It’s quite annoying that the other half of the third season has been postponed in the US. My main regret is waiting so long to buy a VCR to tape Lexx, since now I’ve missed all the re-runs for the time being. So far, the plot twists that have occurred in each episode have made the story build towards a more intense ending. I think that the third series is a bit darker due to the fact that because the entire third series focuses on Fire and Water, there is a greater mystery to the planets and a more complex plot regarding what occurs, unlike in the 2nd series where each place (except The Web/Net) took up one episode, which resulted in less detail, although still very good episodes and plots.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We have to hope that Sci-Fi US doesn’t postpone it again, or shoe it in the wrong order. It was bad enough for series 2, but series 3 mixed up would be a nightmare.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by JAMI:
    SADBOARD IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SITES AND I WASN’T HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE UNTIL I CHECKED IT OUT A BIT MORE AND I THINK IT IS GOING TO BE ALOT BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE…EVEN THOUGH I DO STILL MISS THE OLD ONE. I’M SURE IT’LL BE BUSIER AFTER 1-5-2001

welcome jami! sadboard was and is obviously one of my favorite sites too! i miss having all the topic titles to scroll through but i guess the site is to big for that now so we will all have to wiggle our mouses more…i think i am going to have a lexx returns party with lots of martinis on opening day until then we’ll just have to rehash old news

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by CrankyTemplar:
    It’s quite annoying that the other half of the third season has been postponed in the US. My main regret is waiting so long to buy a VCR to tape Lexx, since now I’ve missed all the re-runs for the time being. So far, the plot twists that have occurred in each episode have made the story build towards a more intense ending. I think that the third series is a bit darker due to the fact that because the entire third series focuses on Fire and Water, there is a greater mystery to the planets and a more complex plot regarding what occurs, unlike in the 2nd series where each place (except The Web/Net) took up one episode, which resulted in less detail, although still very good episodes and plots.

CrankyTemplar (good call sign!) i agree the second season was pretty self-contained whereas the third season is integrated towards an ending…i also think the third season is more like what mm alluded to into the july chat when he talks about lexx not being as optimistic as americans generally like…if you look at the different stories there really are no redeeming qualities to most of the characters, they are unapologetically self-centered and the universe as a whole has nothing going for it, no aspirations to bettering mankind or any sort of noble star trek directives and that is what makes lexx a cult show rather than a mass appeal show…i’ll get off the soapbox now except for noting that it is the cynical outlook pimples and all of the human condition that makes lexx so funny…see you soon!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    We have to hope that Sci-Fi US doesn’t postpone it again, or shoe it in the wrong order. It was bad enough for series 2, but series 3 mixed up would be a nightmare.

hey cat!i’ve seen you around the lexx sites welcome! i thought you guys in the uk had already seen everything in order or were you just sympathizing with us americans who came to the party a day late and a dollar short?!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

…if you look at the different stories there really are no redeeming qualities to most of the characters, they are unapologetically self-centered and the universe as a whole has nothing going for it, no aspirations to bettering mankind or any sort of noble star trek directives and that is what makes lexx a cult show rather than a mass appeal show…

Absolutely agree BC and it’s a gritty and wild show as a result. It’s like the Simpsons or Red Dwarf in some ways, lots to critisize about the characters but also lots of similarity with ourselves… erm… Ok, maybe I don’t look like Xev, but I sure think about sex as much ๐Ÿ™‚

By the way, like the idea of the party, can I come?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    Absolutely agree BC and it’s a gritty and wild show as a result. It’s like the Simpsons or Red Dwarf in some ways, lots to critisize about the characters but also lots of similarity with ourselves… erm… Ok, maybe I don’t look like Xev, but I sure think about sex as much ๐Ÿ™‚

always good to hear from Sad but i think you meant FX not BC ๐Ÿ˜› …at least i hope so! well i am always ready for a lexx party but i heard you were taken and i definitely do not have the right hormonal interface for you if you do look like Xev

[This message has been edited by FX (edited 12-19-2000).]

Anonymous

oops,

quote:

Absolutely agree BC and it’s a gritty and wild show as a result…….

I originally meant to say BTW (englisheeze for by the way) mainly coz I’m a twit and forgot which of the moderators I was replying to…..

{did I get out of that well?}

sorry luv.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

oops,

I originally meant to say BTW (englisheeze for by the way) mainly coz I’m a twit and forgot which of the moderators I was replying to…..

{did I get out of that well?}
    WELL DONE! i can tell you are married bet you were slicker than a greased tiddlywink on a date huh!

Anonymous

Identity confusion is always a sign of what? Could it be AGE??? (Must be all those initials)
    ******************BC*************************

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

always good to hear from Sad but i think you meant FX not BC ๐Ÿ˜› …at least i hope so! well i am always ready for a lexx party but i heard you were taken and i definitely do not have the right hormonal interface for you if you do look like Xev

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 12-21-2000).]

Anonymous

Haha!

You both know me too well

Ok, I admit it, I’m old and greesy

Erm… FX and BC, may I draw your attention to thew moderators forum, big stuff is happening in the next few days (well, provided I’m sober ๐Ÿ™‚ To the guide. And I guess both of you will be quite involved.

——————

Anonymous

I can’t hardly wait til’ the day,Lexx comes out on D.V.D, i madly hope it does.
    It’s the best series since Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy and Red Dwarf.

Anonymous

Spazman, I think your wait is over. Lexx is on DVD at Videoflicks.

But, I came with an episode question. If Kai keeps saying he has no feelings, motivation, etc., why did he say he would ‘regret’ killing the Dark Lady, in “Woz?” Isn’t regret a feeling? Ya gotta feel to have regret, right? So, what’s he talkin’ ’bout, Willis?

——————

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 12-25-2000).]

Anonymous

Oh…..Black Cloud, darlin! Woz seems so long ago! Ahem..before I go off into my “SAD” explanation, “I LOVE YOU SAD!!!”
    Thank you for the forum!!! Thanks, FX, for moderating!!!

Uh, Black Cloud, we’ve pretty much decided that Kai is capable of more than he says he is. SOmetimes I think that he hides inside himself rather than come to the full realisation of what he is. That’d be too mind boggling for any computer. I think he’d fry his brains. (What’s left of them!)

He’ll wake up. I hope. Just in time to die again, no less.

Anonymous

Rustam! How the hey are ya! Don’t mind me; we were watchin’ “Woz” with Pete’s (a fairly tasty, strawberry flavored beer, if you can imagine that!) in hand when I wrote that. We were having the age old ‘does he or doesn’t he really feel’ debate. For myself, you couldn’t have convinced me that the dead man didn’t have feelings (however vague or in denial Kai acts), after I saw how he looked at Zev at the end of IWHS and in Terminal, as she went all splosh. But, still…???

——————

Anonymous

i think kai does keep a lot to himself and that he does at least feel regret after 2000 years as an assassin and 2000 more years after the destruction of what he knew even a braindead person would realize that things never change and so much of what occurs is useless and did not have to happen…at least one hopes that long life would give that sort of perspective even if it deadens one’s desire to be actively involved

crusader
    Participant

I think more that hes deprest!

I men, lissen to him:

The dead does not eat!
    The dead does not have sex!
    and so on!!! He always leves after saing it!!!

I think hes deprest about that hes dead!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

*laughing*
    Ah, BlackCloud, now I understand! Nothing like homebrew to get the creatives “juices” flowing!

I’m tickled that everyone is thinking so hard.
    I myself, being the lover of suffering heroes, am laguishing in the complex argument.
    Is Kai capable of truly understanding the grief that he has inflicted?
    Is it enough to save the day and kill the badguy?
    Does that equal his wrongs?
    He’s incapable of moving on into another plane of existance; that we know.
    Who will free his soul? How??????
    Even if he did try to throw himself into a black hole his soul would be in limbo as it is today.
    *Rustam enjoys her current mood of darkness and decay*
    Seems like the stuff of legends. What did every “hero” have to go through before attaining the enlightenment required to triumph?
    Caves, snakes, giants, he’s seen them all and it hasn’t phased him. Giant spiders, immense women… gosh. Beowulf would have been on the floor crying like a baby after all that.
    *giggle* Whattah thought.

crusader
    Participant

Way dont they just use the protin thingi and make him alive again?

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Crusader – “I contain no such protiens.”
    Kai stated so when Xev asked if Lyekka couldn’t bring him back to life. He’s been decarbonized. That means:
    The Boiscolars gutted, lobotomized, and burnt what was left of him to a crisp. Poor Kai. You gottah feel sorry for him. Musta been awful being woken up after that. Talk about getting up on the wrong side of the bed!!!

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

crusader
    Participant

But if they fund a dead frosen Brunnen-G! Culdent they (theoratical) trans fere the live DNA to Kai and make him alive?

I think that would have workt!!!

Maybe they culd use that in the series when its time fore Kai to come alive!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Actually, Crusader, I’ve already written a Fan-Fiction based on a bioscolar transferring Kai’s “brain” into a live body.
    The drawback was that he was unable to comprehend his living body, and was unable to live with the thought of having killed so many people.
    All in all, he wasn’t “happy.”
    However, I’m sure, with a litle tweeking, the story could change dramatically. Why don’t you leave that suggestion in the “Writer’s” section? Newfangled might like it.

——————

crusader
    Participant

Thats a great ide!!! Il try!!!

Thanks!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Ah, back again, after three days recuperating (I was playing “This Old House” around my house and threw out ‘this old back.’

You make some mighty fine points, Rustam. You’d think being so unmoved by everything, as he avers on a daily basis, that he’d just find his black hole and let oblivion claim him. But, what does every tragic hero need? REDEMPTION!!! Sure, the loping of heads here and there add up to a little karmic balancing. But, Kai is such a whopping tragic hero, I’d imagine he’s got one hell of a cosmic debt to settle. So, he stays with Stan and Xev; perhaps, aiding them he can balance the scales a little more. You’d think saving a universe from Mantrid would be something. (oh, but, he thinks Mantrid is their fault, too!) Okay, thousands of people he’s assassinated and one universe. Man, I don’t know how he’d be able to balance those scales. But, as a tragic hero, he’ll have to do something to balance or redeem his existence. He had his quest, which was both successful and a failure. Hopefully, series four will give him a monumental quest to accomplish, thus earning his redemption. Okay, not too redeemed; weโ€™ll need his gorgeous gloominess around for any and all upcoming series and movies.

——————

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-08-2001).]

Anonymous

Awww, BlackCloud, you give me too much credit.
    Perhaps I’ll post that fanfic, when it’s finished. You’d laugh the inner-workings of my fantasy mind.
    I’m a bit of the martyre myself..been a hero to a select few. I identify with Kai.

Karmic rest? He’s working on it. Not only has he got the idea of non-existance and imperminance (according to Buddist standpoints).. he’s also working towards becoming a Boditchitta (one who works selflessly for the good of all others.)
    Too bad he doesn’t realize that.

——————

crusader
    Participant

And when it comes to religion in LEXX, we now that Stan is NOT an buddist!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.