Welcome to Discussion Forum Help

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Discussion Forum Help Welcome to Discussion Forum Help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Welcome to my new forum; if you need any help, have a complaint or just have a query about something, this is the place to go. There are many of you who would probably use this as a general discussion; that’s for the Pub; this is for any of you who just need a little help with getting started posting, how to become more efficient at it & so on. I’d like to give you some basic rules that I think would be very helpful in posting here at Discussion Forum Help.

1) Please don’t use the following colours as it may be hurtful to some boards members or their computers (orange, yellow, cyan, violet); please use them sparingly.

2) Please no foul language or swearing as it may offend some people or they may not understand why you use that word (F**k, S**t, Mother******, & so on)

3) Please use this Forum to post subjects such as (Usernames, how to post, what are the smilies for, etc); also use this for any help that you may need, even if it’s a little extra help that you didn’t know you needed.

4) Have fun, party & enjoy yourself; that’s why we’re here.

If you have any questions about how to use this or any other, you can e-mail me, send me a PM or post here; I’ll be glad to help you any way I can.
    Have fun posting ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ™‚

Posters & Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

There are many of you who would probably use this as a general discussion; that’s for the Pub; this is for any of you who just need a little help with getting started posting, how to become more efficient at it & so on.

Jhevz i totally agree. that is exactly what the Pub is for: general discussion. ๐Ÿ™‚ to get answers to your questions about posting please come here! ๐Ÿ™‚ i am afraid i will be here often cause i have had problems with posting in fact i have a post in the mods forum right now on this problem and the problem i have had with the url thingy. (that is the extent of technobabble i know! hehehe! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) i do like simple answers! ๐Ÿ˜‰

btw congrats again! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

grrrr!!! this is the problem i have been having! i click on Quote and

shows up but

shows up at the bottom of whatever i am writing, so the whole thing becomes a quote! grrr! this is really frustrating! it is the same way with the URL option. i have even tried to delete the [/ ] on the bottom of the page and then type in the correct thing at the end of the url or quote. but it doesn’t work! i am so frustated about this! ๐Ÿ˜•

Anonymous

I’m afraid that the Quote tag can only be used to quote text between two tags. For instance, if I type:
    [code:1][quote]Grr…. I’m sick of these quote tags :( [/quote][/code:1]
    then I will get:

Grr…. I’m sick of these quote tags ๐Ÿ™

Everything that you type between the quote tags will be quoted. If you select the quote box to reply to someone’s post then you’ll find that the WHOLE post is quoted – that’s what the quote button is for.

The best thing to do (I find) is to start your reply without clicking the quote button and when you want to quote someone specifically (say just a sentence), the click the ‘Quote’ tag (between u and Code) and cut and paste the text you want to quote. Then click the ‘Quote’ tag again and it will close the quote for you.

Quote tags are a very useful feature of forums but they take a little getting used to.

Anonymous

but what about the url thing and the others up there if i click on them and then click them after i finish, url, img, bold, italics, etc… then it will work? that is a simple solution to my problem! thank you for the advice! ๐Ÿ˜€ but i still so want to know why the end of the code ends up at the bottom of the page. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Discussion Forum Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.