well, what did everyone think?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Angel well, what did everyone think?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s

i liked it a lot, but i am wondering if they didn’t wrap up finding angel a little too quickly? and the confrontation with conner?is that it?! and i know spike likes to mix wheatabix with blood, but wasn’t the big meal metaphor a little inappropriate given angel’s usual sustenance?

Anonymous

I loved it! It was much darker than I ever expected even “Angel” to be! Very adult stuff.
    As for a big meal metaphore, it felt alright to me. All Angel dreams were about him being hungry, lonely and angry. It starts off slow, with dream of his extended family being reunited, and big thanksgiving-style dinner was like a cute postcard version of a happy family togetherness. Food and empty plate were hinting at hunger, but in an abstract, mild, not buckets-of-blood kind of way. Later dream about Cordelia is more sexual, involves baser, more raw emotions. So his hunger is not veiled anymore and we see that he really craves blood.
    That’s my take on it anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.