Westworld remake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-07/14/11.15.film

I loved the original personally. And Futureworld was one of my favorites as a kid.

But mainly because it had a campy feel to it. And with all the serious robot movies these days (AI, IRobot, Terminator3) I don’t expect it will be as funny and charming.

But we can hope! Any thoughts?

nursewhen
    Participant

They’re remaking Westworld!!!!!?????!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandara k
    Participant

Is that the movie with Yul B. as the cowboy? NOOOO! You can’t replace Yul Brynner! Stop stop stop remake hell, we are in remake hell! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Anonymous
    ”mandara wrote:

Is that the movie with Yul B. as the cowboy? NOOOO! You can’t replace Yul Brynner! Stop stop stop remake hell, we are in remake hell! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

What bothers me personally about remakes, is how the story and sometimes the meaning gets lost along the way. Especially in the upcoming IRobot, which is great fun, but totally loses many of the finer points Asmiov wanted to get across.

However, we are far past ‘remake hell’ ๐Ÿ˜€

I think we crossed that threshold when Disney decided both Anastasia & Pocohontus would make good “G” rated children stories….

I think we’re now riding the rollercoaster into the eighth circle.

nursewhen
    Participant

What I don’t understand is their choice of remakes. Why take a film that can’t be improved on? Why don’t they improve bad films instead of making sad copies of great films.?

lizard
    Participant

oh man! What kind of a fool actor would try to step into Yul Brynner’s shoes? He is amazing in West World.

You are so right Nursewhen– why remake a classic that probably can’t be improved????

Maybe they are planning to do to Yul. B. what they are doing to Sir Lawrence Olivier in “Space captain and the world of tomorrow” or whatever it is called. They are taking an archived performance and digitally placing it into the film. I wonder if they have to pay anyone. So maybe they could paste Y.B. into the new version with Gwenyth paltrow or whoever.

lizard
    Participant

I am starting to reply to myself…..but oh well I am travelling and have nothing to do till my plane flight… so Here is my suggestion for remakes: Most of Vincent Price’s B movies. There is some good material there, especially the ones inspired by Edgar Allen Poe. I’d like too see a well made “Mask of the Red death” for example.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.