What all obscure and little known sci-fi shows do you all li

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff What all obscure and little known sci-fi shows do you all li

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Well, I must admit that I like a great deal of shows that many haven’t heard of. One isn’t really sci-fi, but The Sci-Fi channel shows it. It’s Friday the 13th the series. I remember watching it when it first came on in 87′ (I was only 7 yrs old, but my dad let me watch it anyway). I just love it! It has nothing to do with the movies. the whole premise is that this guy made a deal with the devil to sell cursed antiques, he broke the deal, and he was sent to hell. His niece and nephew now have to retrieve them. Well, they’re hilarious! They’re cousins, but really flirt a lot (maybe they’re cousins by marriage). Oh, and I loved Mann and Machine. And, as for movies, I just love Krull. Not many have heard of it, but it stars Lysette Anthony, Liam Neeson, and others. It’s kind of a fantasy type movie. Well, I’ve said too much!

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

I cut my teeth on Captain Video, Captain Midnight, Tom Corbett Space Cadet and Buck Rogers with Buster Crabbe. Some other ones I enjoyed movie wise are 1-The Day the Earth Stood Still(one of my all time favorites) 2-Forbidden Planet AND LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST, The Original Thing with James Arness and Kenneth Tobey.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Huh, the only one of those that I’ve seen is Buck Rogers. Are some of those non-American shows? Well, you mentioning Captain Video made me think of Kid Video. It’s not sci-fi, but I loved it. It was a cartoon about this band, and well, it’s been so long since I’ve seen it that I can’t think of much more about it.

——————
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous
    Inactive

Recent and obscure I suppose would be short-lived series like Space Island One, VR.5 and Earth 2. I suppose Space: Above and Beyond and SeaQuest (the original.. before all that alien time-travel stuff).

A serial story I liked as a child was Children of the Dogstar from New Zealand. To my knowledge it was last shown on terrestrial television on CITV during the summer holiday of 89/90 but I missed the last episode and the closing credits. I’ve since got the last episode from the Sci-Fi channel, but not the credits (which were bizarrely cut in half in split screen).

DalekTek790
    Participant

Batman (1966-’68)
    War of the Worlds
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
    M.A.N.T.I.S.
    Blake’s 7
    The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    The Invisible Man (1975-’76)
    Burning Zone
    Space: Above and Beyond
    Strange Luck

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Tom Corbett Space Cadet was a black and white sci fi series from the 50’s and was made in the USA, Captain Video was a black and white serial from the late 40’s early 50’s as was Buck Rogers. I am an OLD geezer. All were (I think) American shows.

crusader
    Participant

Krull! I remember that one!!! (Have it on tape) The world Krull and a prince with a magic weapon! (Looks like the LEXX symbol)

Space: Above and Beyond!!! I liked that one!!! Way did it end?

SeaQuest! It was kinda… you now!!! What was that alien stuf that you talked about?

Batman! That show was sended here in sweden a cupple of years agow!!! (I got the movie from the serie)

War of the worlds!!! I hierd the first 7 (I think) episodes!!! That was al they had in the vidio store!!! It dident have mutch incomen with the movie!!! (I got the movie)

Strange Luck! That one I saw sometimes!!! I remember one episode of it when a guy that was not gilty to a murder was going to the chair!!!
    The main caracter and the on that did the murder (An axident) was going to stop it.
    They got a flat tier and drow in to an electrical pole so that the power whent and the inesent guy dident get fried and when the main caracter whent out of the car the pole fell on the car and electricuded the gilty one. That prity mutch an explonation of the serie!!!

Earth 2!!! Kinda stoped in mid air!!! It was intresting but I hated that they showed that in the future it would bekome hellhole!!! It kinda made you feale that there struggle was meningless when al would soon be a curuped place!!!

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr!!! I liked that one!!! It was years sinse i saw it!!!

When they coded the chanels I lost manny good shows Id like to watch! Like Knight Rider! (You now, the one with the talking car)

And theres V!!! The series about the aliens taking over earth!!! They never made the movie that they said in ยด89!!!

Wow!!! I dident mean to wright so mutch!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

‘Alien Nation!’ It should never have been cancelled! (sob! ) I also watched ‘Friday the 13th'(still do), but I was bummed when the nephew turned into a kid; ending any chance for a romantic climax to the show. What was up with that? ‘V’ and what was the name of that show with John Corbett(Norther Exposure)? I loved that series and was sad to see it go. You know, Aeryn, I liked ‘Krull,’ too (tho’, that whole spider scene kinda creeped me out).

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

DalekTek790
    Participant

“Alien Nation” is NOT obscure.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Yes, crusader, I can’t believe that I forgot to mention V. “The Resistence is all that is left between us and the Visitors” – or something like that. I have the miniseries, final battle, and several episodes on tape. Oh, and I have a lot of the comics, some books, cards, and even a lizard doll. And, yes, I hated it when they turned Ryan into a kid on Friday the 13th. Even though he and Micki were cousins, I think they were distant and maybe even by marriage, and they were such sparks between them. I’ve read several explanations for John D. LeMay’s (Ryan’s) exit from the show. One’s that he chose to leave, and the other’s that the producers wanted to bring in new blood, so they gave us that moron Johnny. Oh, and here’s another little known movie – Legend. Well, it might be more well known because it stars Tom Cruise, and because TBS shows it a lot. I love it, and Tim Curry’s just great in it.

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

I loved the parallels in V with Nazi Germany made through the old Jew. The ending was such a letdown though.. mutant girl saves the day

Earth 2 just.. ended. I read somewhere.. can’t find it now.. that there was another season planned but someone high-up had lots of dreadful plans for it.. stuff like Morgan dying, Bess becoming a slut, Yale dying, a new teenage cyborg, a new leader. Oh, it would have jumped ahead in time to the settlement at New Pacifica. I think they left the end as a cliff-hanger deliberately to try and get another series made, but it didn’t happen. If this is what it would have become, then i’m kinda glad.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    “Alien Nation” is NOT obscure.

Hmm, you may be right; Alien Nation’s certainly not as obscure as Batman and War of the Worlds. [holy obscurity! Bat whom? Is that a vampire thing? ] Speaking of War of the Worlds, I wouldn’t mind seeing that aired, again. I thought it was fairly cutting edge. Do you remember a radio version, narrated by Richard Burton(with the Moody Blues doing music)? It just gave me chills when they did the voices of the Martians! It was ’78 or ’79, Halloween.

Okay, Legend was so neat. The soundtrack was great (luv Jon Anderson!), the actors were great, the makeup was outta this world…I had to go see it again when I read the credits and saw that Darkness was Tim Curry. And, it had unicorns! I don’t see why it wasn’t bigger.

——————

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-16-2001).]

Anonymous

My fave shows seem to change each week. Last week Blakes 7 was the best thing since sliced bread and if Mystery Science Theater 3000 has been on Sci Fi with a good (or should that be bad) movie, then that would rate my best (obscure?) series. BUT, the one underlying classic that nobody seems to remember but MUST agree with, is yes, you’ve guessed it….

Ok, I know it was a children’s cartoon, but the science was marvelous if completely bonkers. Some of the one-liners were so deep that they were hilarious considering the audience (lines like, “On truth and justice there can be no price – but there are established credit limits.”) A superhero with a battlecry of SPOOOON! That show was GREAT!

I really wish it would be re-shown on Brit TV. It would most certainly be the next SG Guide if it was.

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited 01-16-2001).]

Anonymous

OMG! The “Tick” is sooo funny! (that is so neat the way you put pics in your message!) My favorite ep was the one with the freaky mustache! I’m not sure but it might still come on here in the US. (they moved it around so often, I lost track)

My favorite animated scifi, hands down, was “EarthWorm Jim,” with Peter Puppy and Princess What’s Her Name. Like “Tick,” I can’t even say it was just a kid’s show, there were so many levels of humor! It was “suckage most foul” when they took it off the air. And, his buzz word?

“Grrrrrrroooovy!”

——————

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Ooh, cartoons! I love them! I watched the Tick on Fox along with X-Men. I also loved Thundercats, GI Joe, Smurfs, He-Man and She-Ra, Pound Puppies, Gummi Bears, Care Bears, My Little Pony, Ewoks and Droids, Alvin & the Chipmunks, The Real Ghostbusters, The New Kids on the Block(hey, I was 11 or so at the time), Super Mario, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, some WWF cartoon, and Poochie. As you can tell, I loved cartoons. Oh, and I liked Jem(it’s well known to my friends, but I don’t know about some of you others). It was about a woman named Jerrica who was turned into the singer Jem by a machine named Synergy. Her friends became her band and were called the Holograms. Their rival band were the Misfits. And, I had previously mentioned Kid Video. Does anyone other than me remember it? The band in it was transported to a music land where they were cartoons, and they were chased by some bad guy. Oh, I know that this is long, but here’s a little known fantasy cartoon movie – The Last Unicorn. It had the voice talents of Mia Farrow, Jeff Bridges, Angela Lansbury, and Renee Aubourgounis.

——————

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Yes, I’m responding to my own message again, but I keep forgetting to mention things. I think that these 2 shows were British, but I loved watching UFO and Space 1999 when sci-fi channel showed them. My favorite character on Space 1999 definitely had to be Mya the shape shifter. And, can anyone tell me the name of the live action Ghostbusters like show that had 2 guys – one was a skinny blonde and one a short, chubby brunette – , a gorilla, and a redheaded woman was called? There was also a cartoon of it that had a blue skinned woman on it. I had all of the action figures, but I cannot remember what the show was called. Oh, and does anyone other than me remember the short lived sci-fi show with Rick Springfield called the Human Target? Oooh, and my sis is going to become a member of this board soon. She hasn’t picked out a name yet, but I’m telling her to mention me in her post, so that you all will know who she is.

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a friend with War of the Worlds on CD (can’t remember if it was just the music of the whole radio script) and he put it on for us, but he had to turn it off because his daughter was scred stiff of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On the subject of cartoons then.. does anyone remember stuff like Telebugs, Ulysees, the Cities of Gold etc?
    Other stuff I used to watch were shows like Thundercats, Flash Gordon etc etc.. and there was some good non-cartoon children stuff like the (remade) Tomorrow People.
    Way to much stuff to remember it all.. but maybe I’ve stirred some memories?

crusader
    Participant

EarthWorm Jim!!! I loved that show!!! (I have it al on tape!!!) Sonic the Hedgehog (The action series not the outher one)

Aeryn Crichton!!! You took oup menny of the cartoons I wotsched to!!!

Cities of Gold (I never saw the end! I wonder how it ended), Flash Gordon, Care Bears (I loved the movie against Darkheart), She-ra and menny more!!! What memories those names brings up!!!

And I remember one that I dont remember the name from! It was about a boy, a wiserd, a pilot (kinda like Han Solo) and someone more that was looking fore the boys father in a big ship that could change form!!! His father had made an inteligent plant that took over the hole universe (he had a big head was telepathic and had a big casle that moved every day to diferent planets! Big pillars showed oup and the casle on them! Like in Krull)! He defited the badguy and freed his fathers spirit in the end! รt was a serie with mysteries!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh.. good old Care Bears. The movies were okay, some of the other stuff was pretty naff. What was wierd was how the 2nd movie completely messed up the story of the first…

I’ve got the Krull book somewhere.

I think I saw the end of Cities of Gold, or at least part of it (I missed the beginning and large chunks of the series). Can’t remember much about it though.

crusader
    Participant

Doe anybody remember the outher one I talked about?

——————
    I am the crusader

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Sorry, Crusader, but I don’t know what show you’re referring to. Ooh, here’s another cartoon that some of you may remember. It was a 1970’s version of The Little Mermaid. Her name was Marina and she had a dolphin friend named Fritz. It is just like Anderson’s original tale because Marina actually kills herself in the end. It must have had Japanese animators from the look of the characters (the animation reminds me of Urusei Yatsura). It is just so good! I got it off of Ebay a little while ago.

——————

crusader
    Participant

Yeah, I think I saw that one!!! (Or meybe it was a nother werthion)

I remember one about some peapol that crashed with there plane in a place with dinosours and cavepepol!!!
    And Mask!!! (The one about the Heros driving there transforming cars! Not the green faced guy!!!)

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ooh, mustn’t forget Fireball XL5, Terrahawks, Captain Scarlett, Stingray and Plastic Man

Anonymous

Ooh, here’s another cartoon that some of you may remember. It was a 1970’s version of The Little Mermaid. Her name was Marina and she had a dolphin friend named Fritz. It is just like Anderson’s original tale because Marina actually kills herself in the end. It must have had Japanese animators from the look of the characters (the animation reminds me of Urusei Yatsura). It is just so good! I got it off of Ebay a little while ago.

[/B][/QUOTE]

synchronicity! when i was reading through this the other day i was wondering if i should try bringing up that show but noone ever remembers it and so i always assume it’s a figment of my childhood imagination…except i remember the show being on a submarine with sort of puppets as characters?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    EarthWorm Jim!!! I loved that show!!! (I have it al on tape!!!) Sonic the Hedgehog (The action series not the outher one)

YOU HAVE “EARTHWORM JIM” ON TAPE?!!! (ok, ok, calm down BC; deep breath) You have the show on tape? Let me guess, Sweden is completely incompatible with US TV/VCR coding, right? Of course, since it would be too much to think there’d be a chance of me actually getting my hands on any of the episodes!!!!! Don’t mind me, I’ve been trying to find them at auction and, when I finally came across two tapes, I got overbid (my fault, I slept through the end of it). Had I known the gerbils at WB would cancel that wonderful show, I’d have taped them. I am taping my latest animated pleasure, “Buzz LightYear of Star Command!” The aliens on ‘Buzz’ are almost as funny as the “MIB” aliens(another show I love to watch ).

——————

Christine Carroll
    Participant

OH MY GOD!! I can’t believe this ! I loved all those shows as well …thundercats, strawberry shortcake, GI Joe, new kids on the block… all of them !! I was only 2 or 3 when they were playing but i can remember them like yesterday !! I even rememeber Jem… she had some kind of earrings that were linked to synergy right?? anyway… does anyone remember Where’s Waldo and The Land Of The Lost and all those other?? I lived in Germany at the time and my mothers friend would record them on VHS and send them to us from the US so I could watch them in English…. I think they were all playing at PBS at the time. Anyone Remember the claymation people that would play at the start of the commericals??? and after the commerical?? it was like PBS’s little motto or something. God I wish PBS would still play those fun shows… now all they play is those D*** educational shows.

anyway… someone please answer this post…. anyone remember the Garfield cartoons and bettlejuice…. God I want them Back !!!

Christine Carroll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Yeah, I think I saw that one!!! (Or meybe it was a nother werthion)

I remember one about some peapol that crashed with there plane in a place with dinosours and cavepepol!!!
    And Mask!!! (The one about the Heros driving there transforming cars! Not the green faced guy!!!)

The show with the people and dinosaurs is THE LAND OF THE LOST and it was there car…they fell in to some kind of whole or something that that put them back in time.

Christine Carroll
    Participant

how many posts do you need to become a commited sadgeezer?? and how do you become a moderator ??? can anyone help me?? thanks !!!

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

Anonymous

Committed geezer? When you see the men in the white coats comin’, you know you’ve reached your goal. And, moderator…hmmm, what bloodtype are you??? Actually, the SadOne himself can better answer those questions for you. Right now I’m stuck on my second tour of duty(it’s snowing!) and I’m beginning to spout gibberish.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    Committed geezer? When you see the men in the white coats comin’, you know you’ve reached your goal. And, moderator…hmmm, what bloodtype are you??? Actually, the SadOne himself can better answer those questions for you. Right now I’m stuck on my second tour of duty(it’s snowing!) and I’m beginning to spout gibberish.

i am committable but i dont think i am committed yet…hmmm, we’ll have to wake up sad and figure out that one…i’m with you blackie, the charm of snow here wore off on January 1, we finally get rid of the last mess( a truly alarming shade of grey, soupy with doggy diamonds, trash and pieces of dead bodies in it by now ) and this new mess arrives…feh…makes me question my sanity yet again on having ever left miami beach

Anonymous

committed huh
    well i am on day..erm no night release
    i am not allowed sharp instruments
    oh and btw i think if you sit down all day infront of cartoon network u r very silly

thats why we got video recorders
    oh and does anyone remember a 1970’s cartoon
    called marine boy ??[]
    and a Uk 70s tv show that was sorta about electricity and pylons or something..
    oh yea sorry my mind works in mysterious ways
    (have u read any of my reviews u will understand)
    oh and another one childrens
    i dont think ,tv show about a haunted house where the walls bled it was on sundays about tea time (that shows the affect that it had on me)

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Christine, yes, I do remember Garfield and Beetlejuice. Oh, and I remember Land of the Lost too. Well, both versions. There was a Sid and Marty Kroft version with really cheesy special effects (or defects) that had Chaka as some sort of ape or monkey. Then, there was an updated, early 90’s one that had Chaka as a dinosaur. Oh, and the wild girl on there was named Krista. Well, who all out there remembers Kids Incorporated? Martika (aka Toy Soldiers singer) was on there. And, The Guys Next Door (I was in love with them, and I’m ashamed to say that I had their tape).

——————

Christine Carroll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aeryn Crichton:
    Christine, yes, I do remember Garfield and Beetlejuice. Oh, and I remember Land of the Lost too. Well, both versions. There was a Sid and Marty Kroft version with really cheesy special effects (or defects) that had Chaka as some sort of ape or monkey. Then, there was an updated, early 90’s one that had Chaka as a dinosaur. Oh, and the wild girl on there was named Krista. Well, who all out there remembers Kids Incorporated? Martika (aka Toy Soldiers singer) was on there. And, The Guys Next Door (I was in love with them, and I’m ashamed to say that I had their tape).

I remember Kids Incorporated, it played in the early 90’s right?? on Disney…. I think I remember seeing a few shows … it had Britney Spears and a few other now famous people on it right??

P.S. Britney can’t sing and is a dirty slut. sorry but try

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

Anonymous

angelus; a house with bleeding walls? at teatime? dunno, but sounds interesting…for the longest time i used to ask people about a movie where a hand was coming up out of a tub full o f blood…haunted my poor misspent childhood….years later found out it was a real movie called the tingler…there was also an old series that had an episode i still remember about people who became sort of covered in leathery plates if they breathed the same air or came into contact with those similarly afflicted..i guess my tastes always ran to the macabre,i loved the old boris karloff thriller shows (before michael jackson i mean), the old outer limits, and the alfred hitchcock shows…then on saturday nights before cable televisioon (now i am dating myself) the so-called independent channels would run “creature features” with all the great paranoid scifi movies of the fifties…this was my introduction to war of the worlds, the thing, invasion of the body snatchers and so on…never liked the bug movies though ( i include godzilla films in this genre)… FX sits in the corner with a happy grin, drooling and twitching spasmodically in nostalgic reminiscence…i kind of lost interest in cartoons after the early 70’s except for the simpsons occasionally and the one about the guys in texas ( i think you have to live in the us to appreciate cartoons about people from texas!)seen any blue tits lately?

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Well, The Mickey Mouse Club had Britney Spears on it. Kids Incorporated didn’t really have skits on it like MMC did. It was more about these kids who were in a band. The cast was always changing, but I do remember that Martika was on there.

——————

Anonymous

HEY SAD!

SadDude, did you see the ads for Fox’ new show? It’s “The Tick!” They’ve made it into a non-animated series. If you’ve ever watched “Seinfeld,” the guy who played Puddy (Elaine’s on again, off again boyfriend) is to play Tick.

——————

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-22-2001).]

Anonymous

Does anyone remember a show called “The Wanderer”? It lasted for about 13 episodes in the mid-1990s. Bryan Brown played twin brothers, knights, one good and one evil. Centuries after the good knight won their battle, the evil knight returns.

I never got to see all of the episodes, but what I did see made me want more. Even using the internet, all I’ve found of the show is an episode list.

Anonymous

Hi, all. To go back to the original question, (sorry-just joined today) I was into Blake’s 7 (except for the Paul Darrow novel, I’m sorry to say), the Omega Factor (I don’t know if you’d really consider it scifi, though…), Dr. Who and a couple other shows, but I don’t really think they’re all languishing in obscurity deeply enough to qualify.

As far as cartoons are concerned, I’m afraid that Starblazers could open a can-o-whoopa*s on just about any series to date. (God it makes me feel so darned OLD to say that!)But seriously, it was a fabulous series with a lot more depth than was necessary to keep a pre-teen audience interested. When it came out, I was glued to the screen every single day. It’s still great stuff. A shame that one hardly hears about it, anymore.

If anyone has heard of “Omega Factor” and knows if the series can be purchased on video, I’d love to hear from you.

peace
    summerdaysands

——————
    And the sandcastle virtues are all swept away, in the tidal destruction, the moral melee.” Jethro Tull

Anonymous
    Inactive

Smurfs, He-Man and She-Ra, Pound Puppies, Gummi Bears, Care Bears, My Little Pony, Ewoks and Droids, Alvin & the Chipmunks, The Real Ghostbusters, The New Kids on the Block(hey, I was 11 or so at the time), Super Mario, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite… Oh, I know that this is long, but here’s a little known fantasy cartoon movie – The Last Unicorn.

Wow.. loads of memories come flooding back.. we still have strawberry shortcake and my little ponie and he man toys upstairs.. we had a care bear video on this morning too! There were some other ‘toy’ cartoons from that era like Potato Head Kids and Moondreamers etc, and there was that great relatively recent cartoon the Dreamstone.
    I think I do remember the Last Unicorn.. I think we hired it from a video store a long time ago, I seem to remember a unicorn turning into a girl, but her eyes didn’t reflect light or something, perhaps I’m thinking of something different mind.
    Anyone remember another video from that era, not scifi mind, it was called the Go Kids (oh, just remembered the Goonies!) although it was called Frog Dreaming on television – we didn’t tape it because we didn’t realise it was the same thing until it had started

There was a Welsh version of the Smurfs Oh, just remember another.. the Fraggles. Better shut up now..

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    I think I do remember the Last Unicorn.. I think we hired it from a video store a long time ago, I seem to remember a unicorn turning into a girl, but her eyes didn’t reflect light or something, perhaps I’m thinking of something different mind.

Cat, I think that we’re talking about the same thing. There’s this king who’s rounding up all of the unicorns with some kind of flaming bull. Mia Farrow is the Last Unicorn left, so to hide her and get into the guy’s castle to free the unicorns, a sorcerer turns Mia into a human. It really is an excellent movie. And, I love the Goonies too! I actually know several people at college that haven’t seen it. Oh, and the Fraggles were great too! I used to watch them on HBO. I loved Red!

——————

Anonymous

quote:

I love that movie! And have actually read the book… the unicorn turns into a girl so she can find other unicorns… I think an apprentice wizard does it when he meets her when she’s trapped in a circus… and her eyes don’t reflect the person looking into them; they reflect the animals of the forest she came from. And it turns out some sad old guy stole the unicorns and put them in the ocean so he could watch them forever. Or something. It’s been a while.

quote:

There was a Welsh version of the Smurfs Oh, just remember another.. the Fraggles. Better shut up now..

Ahhh yes, the Fraggles… I miss the Fraggles. I love the Fraggles. Anyone know if this is airing anywhere? I’m pregnant and due in June and I /really/ want my kid to grow up with decent children’s TV instead of Barney and Teletubbies. ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aeryn Crichton:
    Cat, I think that we’re talking about the same thing. There’s this king who’s rounding up all of the unicorns with some kind of flaming bull. Mia Farrow is the Last Unicorn left, so to hide her and get into the guy’s castle to free the unicorns, a sorcerer turns Mia into a human. It really is an excellent movie.
    [/B]

Oh, see, Aeyrn got there first. This all is what I meant.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahhh yes, the Fraggles… I miss the Fraggles. I love the Fraggles. Anyone know if this is airing anywhere? I’m pregnant and due in June and I /really/ want my kid to grow up with decent children’s TV instead of Barney and Teletubbies. ๐Ÿ˜›

If all else fails, stick with Rugrats. The best modern cartoon there is… there is so much in it that is clearly aimed at keeping the parents amused as well as the children.

“Do you swear to tell Ruth, the whole Ruth and nothing but Ruth so help me Bob?”

Anonymous

quote:

If all else fails, stick with Rugrats. The best modern cartoon there is… there is so much in it that is clearly aimed at keeping the parents amused as well as the children.

“Do you swear to tell Ruth, the whole Ruth and nothing but Ruth so help me Bob?”

Hah! I saw that episode! I thank goodness my niece, Geli(Angelica), hasn’t used that Rugrat as a role model…yikes! But, I have noticed that Nick still gets tuned into ‘Rugrats’ even when our rug rats are not visiting or sleeping over.

Schmendrick the Magician (Arkin’s voice is like Prozac to my ears ); he helped her find the other unicorns. This is such a beautiful movie but it makes me feel so sad, too. I’m glad I have it on tape because I never see it being shown on television anymore. So, why is a raven like a writing desk?

——————

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

All this talk of kid’s shows has made me think of another of my favorites. Do you all remember Today’s Special? I watched it on Nickelodeon. It was about a Department store, and the characters were this girl, a mannequin that came to life when his hat was put on his head, a mouse, etc. I loved it! Oh, and then there’s You Can’t Do That on Television. I don’t know why I like it so much, but I did. Maybe it was the slime?

——————

Anonymous

Quark. Nobody remembers it. Richard Bejamin was the Captain, there was a fist officer (who is a plant) name Phycus… two blonde bimbett clones who were forever beating on each other – “She’s the clone@” “No., SHE is!”
    It was a hillarious space comedy.

One more obscure reference: “StarLost” I believe that was a BBC production, and very strange at that.

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

the tick was seriously awsome but they didn’t show all the eppisodes in england.i really wish they would reshow them.
    i also loved earthworm jim,battle of the planets,jason and the wheelies,ulises 31,mysterious city of gold and dreamstone.
    as for old shows,i used to watch terrahawks,starfleet,space 1999,blakes 7,chocky and a show called arc or argg or somthing like that, i was the origanal version of crystal maze with talking plants that could turn into humans.
    someone wanted to know why space above and beyond finnished.It was because after series 2 of x-files glen morgan and james wong left to make space above and beyond,but then x-files went really bad due to no decent writers,so chris carter got fox network to drop the show so he could have glen and james back on the writing team.IF you dont belive me then take a look how bad series 3 of x-files is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw Ulysees 31 the other day on Fox Kids (a channel we only just got).. been soooo long, and noone else seems to remember it

Anonymous

Cat dont feel bad…..I bet no one here will know the following!

My fave obscure show MUST qualify for the most obscure sci-fi / scare show EVER! It was on CBS in the spring summer of 1961 and was only 14 episodes but they where so intense and scared sooo many kids that CBS was forced to take it off the air!! It was hosted by Roald Dahl (wrote Willy Wonka, James and the Giant Peach etc) and it was called “Way Out”

The show never went into syndication…I have only ever seen 5 episodes of it and they are awesome even 40 years later!!These 5
    have been floating around as ok quality video of a 16mm film print…they where originally shot on video…. thru a little bit of research I have found out that CBS does indeed have all 14 episodes in their vault…anyone here know how to pry them out of CBS????

ShockADD

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.