What are the plans for DragonCon 2004?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions What are the plans for DragonCon 2004?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Xev69
    Participant

just been reading the message board and wondering still, what the date is for DragonCon2004. I would really enjoy going this year if work permits .

Jhevz
    Participant
    Xev69 wrote:

just been reading the message board and wondering still, what the date is for DragonCon2004. I would really enjoy going this year if work permits .

Welcome to the SadBoard, Xev69,
    The date for Dragon*Con 2004 is on Labour Day Weekend, September 3-6, 2004; the web site for this convention is: http://www.dragoncon.org. You’ll find some useful info there that’s updated periodacally from now to the event; there’s also a great pics site & sites for you to look at them. If you’d like more info on our Lexx get-together, you might want to check here from time to time or go to: http://www.thefrey.com & click on UsCon. I hope either or both of these helped & welcome to the SadBoard.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fatguy
    Participant

๐Ÿ™‚

Maurice

theFrey
    Participant
    Xev69 wrote:

Well I will tell you the two years I have been to DragonCon have been a total blast. With of course last year being just wonderful.

As Jehvz told you this DC 2004 is taking place Friday, September 3th through Monday Sept. 6th, 2004 in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Most of the information you need has been gathered here. http://www.thefrey.com/UsCon.htm

The main hotels are the Hyatt and the marriott, which are a bit pricy, but there are other overflow hotels of course which will have convention shuttle service to the main venue. How convenient this shuttle service is, I have no idea. Perhaps someone can give us the low down on it. ๐Ÿ˜€

The Hyatt is the party hotel where the forums are held during the day and the best people watching takes place at night. The Marriott is the nicer hotel and all the Vendor/Exhibition/Guest stuff occurs at.

I have stayed at both, and will be staying this year again at the Marriott. It was very convenient during the day. They have a convention rate for both hotels of about 145.00 a night, BUT you have to reserve by phone, their web sites don’t have the DragonCon discount programmed in. At least they didn’t last year.

Last year the we had a free fan table in the marriott lobby, and that seemed to work out pretty good. It gave us Lexxian ‘geezers somewhere to congregate and also seemed to become a depository for stuff the people who were hoteled off site did not want to carry all day. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hummm, perhaps we should look into renting locker space under our table. ๐Ÿ˜€ Might be a good way to raise funds for other Lexx activities. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Naw, but it is a nice place to rest and chat and get to know your lexx buddies during the day.

Many thanks to iStan who is just got another 11 tickets from the Lexx Raffle Fund 2003. Only 195 tickets left to go and then I can start to concentrate on 2004! ๐Ÿ˜†
    http://www.thefrey.com/raffle.htm

theFrey
    Participant

Just so there is no confusion.

There is presently NO cast involvement in DragonCon 2004, nor has there been any indication that there is even a remote chance that there might be. So we be on our own this year people. Bummer, yes. But such is life until they get a new convention manager.

Although….. I did put a bug in Ellen Dubin’s ear as DC2004 takes place just before her show is suppose to show in the states… So perhaps her production company will take the hint.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.