What are your 2 geekiest things? part 2 (originally posted b

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub What are your 2 geekiest things? part 2 (originally posted b

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

i will post the last few posts from the original thread for continuity purposes.

Deliena
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 537
    posted 03-04-2002 08:09 PM
    My two geekiest things are both memories – and they both involve Star Wars.
    When the revamped version came out at the cinema I was so excited I couldn’t sleep the night before, so I got to the cinema an hour and a half early. I had brought a book (one of the Start Wars novels), so I sat and read that, and when the other people started arriving I was trading Star Wars Tazos with a 7 year old boy!

The second one is going to see Episode One at a not so local multiplex ( I used to live in Deepest Darkest Somerset ). All the way down in the car my friend and I were chanting “Star Wars, Star Wars” (this was a 2 hour drive btw – the driver was not happy). When we came out we went straight to Toys-R-Us and promptly began battling in the aisles with LightSabers.

In fact, we made such a nuisance of ourselves that we got asked to leave the store, and they took our photos so that they could enforce the ‘BAN FOR LIFE’ that they gave us!!

I am not sure whether that qualifies as geeky, sad or just stupid… I guess I will let my fellow SadGeezers judge.

I put myself in your hands – please be gentle.

Deliena

——————–

You might say that, I couldn’t possibly comment….

——————————————————————————–
    Posts: 13 | From: GLASGOW, Scotland | Registered: Mar 2002 | IP: Logged

snooklepie
    Committed SadGeezer
    Member # 494
    posted 03-04-2002 10:35 PM
    i know this isn’t quite the same, but i have a memory of when i was about 8-9 yrs old, and being on holiday on my birthday. for a treat, mum & dad took me to the cinema. i distinctly remember mum asking me if i wanted to see Snow White & the Seven Dwarves,and me insisting, rather loudly, that i DID NOT want to see Snow White, I wanted to see ‘Moonraker’. i won….
    oh, and just to prove my ‘geek’ status, i have studied Electronic Engineering, & am now studying with the OU towards a Physics Degree ….and i’ve also developed a taste for Earl Grey…

DalekTek790
    Committed SadGeezer
    Member # 15
    posted 04-04-2002 03:19 AM

quote:
    Originally posted by Deliena:
    The second one is going to see Episode One at a not so local multiplex ( I used to live in Deepest Darkest Somerset ). All the way down in the car my friend and I were chanting “Star Wars, Star Wars” (this was a 2 hour drive btw – the driver was not happy). When we came out we went straight to Toys-R-Us and promptly began battling in the aisles with LightSabers.
    In fact, we made such a nuisance of ourselves that we got asked to leave the store, and they took our photos so that they could enforce the ‘BAN FOR LIFE’ that they gave us!!

I am not sure whether that qualifies as geeky, sad or just stupid… I guess I will let my fellow SadGeezers judge.

I put myself in your hands – please be gentle.

Funny. I have an Episode I story too, but I probably shouldn’t tell it because it’s definate source material for people wanting to make fun of me.

——————–

Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Posts: 1135 | From: Iowa City, IA (college)/Davenport, IA (home), United States | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged

Deliena
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 537
    posted 04-04-2002 11:57 AM
    Aww go on – tell yer story, we’re all friends here (and let’s face it – I managed to provide you all with blackmail material on me!)
    You have to put in mind the backdrop to my story is that I am a 28 year old, mother of one (although my daughter did not witness my degradation in Toys-R-Us) and that my co-fighter is a 35 year old car sales man with 2 kids…. if only they knew how avant guarde their parents were!

——————–

DalekTek790
    Committed SadGeezer
    Member # 15
    posted 04-04-2002 08:11 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by Deliena:
    Aww go on – tell yer story, we’re all friends here (and let’s face it – I managed to provide you all with blackmail material on me!)

Okay, but I still have a feeling I’m going to end up regretting this.

In May of 1999 (I was a sophomore in high school at the time) I got two advance tickets to Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. I was going to ask a girl I liked to go to see it with me. But I was too scared to ask her.

So anyway, to make a long story short, I didn’t see it ’til June.

——————–

Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Posts: 1135 | From: Iowa City, IA (college)/Davenport, IA (home), United States | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged

Deliena
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 537
    posted 04-04-2002 08:24 PM
    Aww that is so cute – I thought I was the only one that does stuff like that… it’s such a relief!
    ——————–

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.