What d’ya think about Spike and Buffy?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff What d’ya think about Spike and Buffy?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’d really like to see Buffy and Spike get closer. Its become increasingly apparent he has tender feelings for her and at one time he was a decent fellow. Poor guy has had rotten luck. He and the Buff could boff all night and she wouldn’t have to worry about him turning evil the way Angel did. Besides, he has that vampire strength and she needs a near immortal to fight at her side. Besides that, James Marsters is a hottie, love that slender hard body of his.

Anonymous

(This post contain spoilers for anyone watching the show in the UK)

I like Spike, he’s always been a breath of fresh air with his witty one liners.

The way they’ve extended his run on the show (can’t have a super villan who gets beat every week just hanging around) by having him neutered as it were is a stroke of genius.

I think he’s slowly converting to join the good guys too….I reckon with Riley having left (for now he will be back) Buffy and Spike may yet get together.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Well, I love the idea of them together! One of my favorite episodes is Something Blue when Willow does the spell that makes B & S fall in love. Unfortunately, I know that Buffy’s going to turn Spike down, and I think that Spike might leave for a while after that. James Marsters is leaving to do a movie, so I figure that now might be when he takes his leave of absence. I just hope that he doesn’t pull a Seth Green and not come back! I would love it if before he goes, he gives Buffy a big kiss to show her what she’s be missing. Then, Buffy could be having the constant dreams about Spike!

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

Hey, Aeryn–Where did you find the info on James Marsters? Do you know what kind of movie he’s going to be doing? I’ve seen him in a couple of non horror genre shows and he is a fine actor. He really does a good job with Spike, but he is much more versatile than just a Buffy beat up toy. Yeah, I’d really enjoy seeing him leave Buffy with a burning passion for him. As for Riley, I liked him at first, but he became rather tiresome toward the end. I had read Marc(sp)Blucas was also doing a movie. Perhaps that explains his job in South America.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    Hey, Aeryn–Where did you find the info on James Marsters? Do you know what kind of movie he’s going to be doing? I’ve seen him in a couple of non horror genre shows and he is a fine actor.

I know that I read about him leaving on a Buffy page. There are so many out there, though, that I can’t remember which one it was. My sis read it too when she was looking at some pages. I would have been one with spoilers. I don’t know what type of movie it is. Oh, and I’ve seen him in another show too. It was just a bit role as a priest on Northern Exposure, but you can see him with his natural brown hair in it. Here’s an address to a page full of just Spike links – http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Lot/1899/index.html
    And, if you can’t find anything there, then I would suggest going to http://www.buffyaliance.net which is a link index of Buffy sites, actor sites, and more.

——————
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Well, after last night’s episode, I’m very mad at Buffy. She really could have let Spike down a lot easier. I would have probably been mad at him too if he had tied me up, threatening to let Dru kill me, but she could have been nice to Spike the minute he professed his love. She treated him just like that one girl did before Dru sired him. And, Buffy needs to remember how far Spike’s come. She says that he isn’t anywhere near like Angel, but Angel’s just nice (and not really nice right now) because he has a soul. Spike doesn’t have one, but he’s trying to rehabilitate himself. And, I hope that they’re not trying to start something now with her and that doctor who’s Glory’s brother. She was just being too friendly with him!

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aeryn Crichton:
    Well, after last night’s episode

Hmmmm….I shouldn’t have read that, in the UK we’ve only seen as far as the episode where we learn Tara’s big (and slightly disappointing) secret…..

Still I’ve been sent some of the later scripts by a friend of mine in the States so it’s not a big spoiler for me….

Do people have a big grievence about posting spoilers on these boards, if so should we post warnings before hand (like I did a few posts back on this thread)

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by MUDLOCK:

Do people have a big grievence about posting spoilers on these boards, if so should we post warnings before hand (like I did a few posts back on this thread)

Sorry, I should have thought about that. I just don’t think about that sometimes because I love spoilers. I will put something like – Warning Spoilers – in the future because after all, the things that we’re saying about Buffy are huge spoilers for crusader since they’re only in the 2nd season over in Sweden.

——————

Anonymous

I understand that whole spoilers thing, tho’ I also like spoilers. The UK seems to be ahead of the US with ‘Andromeda’ and everytime I go onto that forum, I’m totally lost or going, ‘ugh, why’d I read that!’
    So, for the UK or the non-US scheduled:

SPOILERS!

I agree with you, Aeryn. Buffy treated Spike mighty crappily. As you say, he’s doing all this relative goodness without having the benefit of a soul, like Angel has. And, hello, didn’t Angel just close the door on a whole room of people, albeit lawyers, allowing them to be wiped out by Dru and Darla? Yeh, that would have shut down Buffy’s whole, ‘you’re nothing like Angel’ speech. I keep getting the bad feeling that Spike might be put in the ‘supreme sacrifice’ situation. I mean, it’s a great way to really prove he loves Buffy but then, oh yeh, he’s dead. They’ve already got the tortured undead with a soul, Angel, and they’ve done almost good again but ‘oops!’ evil got her back, Darla. I’d like to see Spike go all the way to redeeming himself or somehow getting closure for all those rejections that lead him down his vampy road. Besides the whole hottie factor, I’ve always liked Spike, esp. his character’s sense of humor. I was glad the show extended his role. I just hope they find some unique way of using him, in relation to Buffy.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Well, last night’s episode was good. Now, WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!

I really don’t know what Buffy and the rest of the Scooby gang’s deal is. They’re being so rude to Spike! But, I don’t know if I like where they’re taking this storyline. Spike being obsessed to the point of getting a robot of Buffy made is just bad. That’s certainly not going to win her love. Joss and the writers are just really starting to annoy me!

——————

Anonymous

Spoiler Mentions:

My vcr rebelled and recorded the wrong channel so I missed Buffy and Angel. He made a robot? Holey moley, what was that all about? Did you see Angel, too? Catch me up, please!

******************BlackCloud*****************

——————
    “Oh! You think what? You think Claudius murdered your Dad? Well, no wonder you’ve been so rude to him at the dinner table! If I’d known that, I could have put you straight in no time flat.

It wasn’t Claudius, darling.

It was me.

(Atwood, Margaret: ‘Gertrude Talks Back’)

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NuageNoir:
    Spoiler Mentions:

My vcr rebelled and recorded the wrong channel so I missed Buffy and Angel. He made a robot? Holey moley, what was that all about? Did you see Angel, too? Catch me up, please!

******************BlackCloud*****************

Okay, here’s what happened last week and what will happen this week –

Spoilers
    Last week, this guy named Warren made a robot that would love him. But, he soon grew tired of it, and we he went to Sunnydale to visit his parents, the robot followed. And, the robot of Buffy hasn’t been made yet, but Spike was asking Warren to make it at the end of the episode. Other happenings were just everyone being mean to Spike (even Dawn). At the end of the episode, Buffy found Joyce unconscious. Next week’s will deal with Joyce’s condition, and more about Glory and that Doctor’s connection. On Angel, lots of interesting things happened too. Wesley and Virginia broke up. Angel was basically disgusted with life after Hollitt (back from Hell I guess) showed him how people truly are. So, what does he do – he goes and sleeps with Darla. It was a good episode, and next week’s will deal with the repercussions of the encounter.

——————

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.