What happened to Brian’s website?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx What happened to Brian’s website?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi all!
    Does anyone know what happened to Brian’s website?:( Not only is it down but it seems that the domain name is up for sale 😡 (?!?). I’ve misplaced Brian’s e-mail address, and I’m not at home to look for it. I know a few of you guys pop in from time to time over at Brian’s so if anyone can or has found out anything it would be appreiciated!!

http://www.briandowney.biz/

Renee .S
    Participant

On the Lexxfans board, mmlover found a link that brings up Brian’s message board and then you could find his e-mail from there or just post on the site:

http://briandowney.proboards24.com/index.cgi

BK speculated that his .biz domain expired but his message board is on a separate domain and still active.

theFrey
    Participant

The domain does not expire until 2006 per Betterwhois.com. Also the webmaster informs me that is it not being moved to a different hosting company. Of course other words like “Ep!” And “I’d better check and see what is wrong” were also uttered.

So I imagine that it was a server problem and it will be fixed in a few days.

theFrey
    Participant

Dispite numerous attempts at a convo, cell phone reception problems in Texas and failing batteries in Flordia, I got a bit more info.

Anyhow, the site was apparently not abandoned, hacked or suspended. I could not get the full story due to the choppy communication problem, but I think what he said was that somewhere in the chain, between his own servers and the site (registar?) a change in protocol was made that should not have affected individual sites, but in some cases it did.

So it should be back up again soon.

Thank You thefrey. I am sure there are several worried regulars to Brian’s board, and they will be glad to know this info.

again thanks: Sam

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.