What kind of Alien?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Hollydays
    Participant

What is your favorite alien race of all space time and why?
    would you want to be turned into one if you could?

I think a changling (or whatever ODO was on deep space nine) would be way cool or a Trance, whatever she is. I’m not sure what I would use either of their abilities for though, except to get into trouble, lots of it! I think, though, that I rather like how I look now, so maybe not a Trance. Purple is so hard to acessorize with

Anonymous

Remember Mos Eisley cantina from Star Wars? I liked Kabe, the little creature whom you briefly saw getting a drink from the bar.

Anonymous

I personally like the Vulcans. They can seem a bit cold and uncaring, but sometimes that works to make them really cynical – and I think that sentence sums up the kinda person I am.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Well, my favorite cantina creature would be Hem Dazon, the T-headed Arcona you see in the beginning. The Jawas are a great race. The best evil alien race is undoubtably the Daleks, no other villainous species in any other show or movie is that scary and well-developed. Then there are the Gelflings in The Dark Crystal, love those things. Then for a race in sci-fi novels H. G. Wells’ Selenites are cool, with their whole caste system. And Jimez Smoot’s descendants in Man After Man, but they’re not technically aliens.

I don’t know what my favorite rase of all time is.

Hollydays
    Participant

very cool picks!

Daleks
    These are those little trash bin things that can’t go up stairs, yet somehow do in each show, right? I haven’t seen much of the show, why are they so scary and evvvvvil ?

dgrequeen
    Participant

My favorite aliens were the Centauri and the Narns of B5. I might be a Centauri, despite the fact that the women shave their heads, because they do get to wear cool costumes. I might be a Narn because they had such an intriguing point of view about the universe.

I wouldn’t be a Minbari, because those things on their heads must make it hard to sleep.

Anonymous

Dr Who’s cybermen were pretty unstoppable (except for that gold dust thing). One would think they were a precursor to the uninspired Borg.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:
    Dr Who’s cybermen were pretty unstoppable (except for that gold dust thing). One would think they were a precursor to the uninspired Borg.

Yeah, the Borg are pretty similar to the Cybermen. Not just in being emotionless cyborgs, but the Cybermen also assimilated normal humanoids to add to their ranks! The Borg were actually a pretty good race before they got cheapified in Voyager. First Contact could’ve been truer to the classic Borg episodes, too. The only real difference between the Cybermen and the Borg is I don’t remember a de-assimilated Cyberwoman in a tight silver number hanging around the T.A.R.D.I.S.

In conclusion: I watch too much sci-fi.

Anonymous

I always fancied being a Betazoid. I’d sneak into hot guys heads and find out the best ways to pull them. ‘Oh hot guy, I looooove rugby and Boddington’s. Let me make you some bread and butter pudding.’ SCORE!

Flamegrape
    Participant

After much consideration, I think I would want to be a Deltan, as seen in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I’ve often wondered what it means to be a member of a “sexually advanced” race of aliens. I’ve been wondering for years.

But also consider the fact that I’m already designed in the style of H.R. Giger’s work in Alien and Species. Mix that with a little Lyta Alexander and Maya of Psychon and you get the wierd creature you see below in my signature. So maybe I already am my favorite alien?

Anonymous

Nup, Deltans are BALD!

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    After much consideration, I think I would want to be a Deltan, as seen in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I’ve often wondered what it means to be a member of a “sexually advanced” race of aliens. I’ve been wondering for years.

I have a book that describes what “sexually advanced” means in the context of the Deltans. It has, however been disowned by the makers of Star Trek and is no longer considered canonical material.

Anonymous

Sexually advanced could mean reproduction is not restricted to the two parents/two genders setup most of us are used to. Incorporating two separate genders, we’re sexually more advanced than assexually reproducing organisms. Perhaps their capable of several forms of reproduction varying in the number of parents and genders involved.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    The only real difference between the Cybermen and the Borg is I don’t remember a de-assimilated Cyberwoman in a tight silver number hanging around the T.A.R.D.I.S.

There were however half-cybermen who weren’t completely converted

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:
    Sexually advanced could mean reproduction is not restricted to the two parents/two genders setup most of us are used to. Incorporating two separate genders, we’re sexually more advanced than assexually reproducing organisms. Perhaps their capable of several forms of reproduction varying in the number of parents and genders involved.

According to the Worlds of the Federation book it has something to do with pheromones. But like I said that’s not official.

Anonymous

I think I would just like to stay a human as we seam to be able to bred(?) with half the universe I would like to keep my optians(?) open.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.