What news, Dragon Con-ers?!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions What news, Dragon Con-ers?!

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

πŸ‘Ώ Where is everybody? Summer camp? The greeting card store? Banff, perhaps? Where are you guys? I need news!
    Who’s already got a costume done? Who got a great deal on airfare? How many people is HDS letting crash at his house? Are there volunteers for the fan table, and do I still need to bring a DVD playing laptop? Is Mothbreeder coming as a mothbreeder? Do we need to roll Mandara off a bench in Cenntennial Park every morning as a wake-up call? I’m starved for info! Tell me anything and everything…I need to play catch-up (or ketchup, as Logan would No-Doubt add). πŸ™„

And…is Lubka still coming from Russia? Someone should meet them at the airport and get them to their hotel. Speaking of which, The Hyatt and The Marriott are rapidly booking up their discounted Dragon Con rooms….

Jhevz
    Participant

Trini_T,
    I’m here & going to Dragon*Con; on 8/29, I’ll be dressing up as Nyssa from `Black Orchid’, 8/30, I’ll be dressing up as Jhevz, 8/31, I’ll be dressing up either as Stephalee (Stan’s daughter) & be in the Masquerade wearing that or Jhevz & 9/1, I’ll be dressing up as Karcata.
    I don’t know if Mandara k is going or not, nor do I know about anything else, but if you like, I can ask. πŸ™‚

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

Sure, you can wake me up there but you dang better be bringing a cuppa and a croissant! πŸ˜› Or at least a nip of something strong to chase away my hangover!!!!

And bring a lot…. I’ll probably have a lot of friends! πŸ˜‰

Gosh Trini it would be good to see yous guys again… that would be my main reason to make a push to really go…. and of course to check out the costumes….. People watching is great at these things!

And forums, are we getting forums or are they still on the “Sound of Music” mindset about LEXX? PFFT, last year was just a testing ground….. what do you think we can do if we really get to rockin’ it… the possibiliites …. ah the possibilities…… 😯 πŸ˜€

Anonymous
    ”mandara wrote:

And forums, are we getting forums 😯 πŸ˜€

And GOD said…let there be forums…and raising her mighty cell phone and keyboard to the East…Lo! The people therein did consider that Lexx forums would be good for ALL people…
    Somebody stop me here! 😳
    Last I heard, there will be Lexx forums! The details would be a frey question, though I think it’s still too early in the game to have anything concrete.

So Jhevz, does Stans daughter wear a red jumpsuit too? You know, no-one’s claimed the Time Prophet yet…that would also be an easy costume to pack for anyone who had to fly! πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    ”Trini_T” wrote:

How many people is HDS letting crash at his house?

Mothbreader and friends will be guests at my house. Your welcome to come to Trini.

Anonymous

Barring flood or imminent death, I’ll be there. No travel arrangements have yet to be made, but I’m going.

I will not be dressing up as anything other than me, though, so I’ll be easy enough to spot.

–Aleck

Anonymous
    ”Aleck” wrote:

I will not be dressing up as anything other than me, though, so I’ll be easy enough to spot.

–Aleck

πŸ˜› Ah! One of the left wing LEXX conservatives! And you would be the Aleck associated with those wonderful folks at Acorn? It will be great to put a face with the name! Cool! This is definitely shaping up to be one heck of a week-end!

mandara k
    Participant

Hooray! I’ll take LEXX and it’s DVD covers for $200 Aleck! πŸ˜›

theFrey
    Participant

Well let us see, what is new…. the cast bio and pictures have been submitted for the original attendees, so look for them to be added to the guest list some time this week.

Mr. Tackett acknowledges receipt of them, has passed them on to the webmaster and states that he will be working with the dealer
    room coordinator (that would be that nice Ms. Henry) to have the two Lexx tables located next to the other media guests for maximum exposure. πŸ™‚

Trini, has some interesting ideas for the main party…. Oh, wait. You knew that huh? πŸ˜‰

Now all we have to do is get MMM Twack to submitt his stuff and we are in like flint. πŸ˜€

mandara k
    Participant

Aren’t they wonderful, folks? Let’s give it up for Frey, Trini. HDS and Mothbreeder!!!!

They got it goin’ on and I did not lift a finger!!!!

And what do we have for them, Don Pardo?

Hopefully a kickin time! πŸ˜€

theFrey
    Participant

and FX, and Cat and of course the man who started this all, with me anyhow… Tony! πŸ™‚

mandara k
    Participant

😳 OOh so sowry….. of course I mean Cat, FX and Tony.

BTW, are we still spreading the Sadgeezer news in some capacity at this Con?

theFrey
    Participant

yepper, you know it

mandara k
    Participant

Are we wearing big heavy stuff like clerics or lighter breating costumes or are we costuming at all?

Anonymous
    ”mandara wrote:

Are we wearing big heavy stuff like clerics or lighter breating costumes or are we costuming at all?

😈 If Neo doesn’t go I shall wear stategically placed duct tape that says “SADGEEZER.COM”. I will remain loyal to this site forever, and promote it shamelessly! This is the place that got me hooked on Lexx, and I’ve called it home ever since!!!
    I shall bring an extra roll for anyonewho wants to help promote Sad’s.

BTW- Has Cat given any thought to attending? And FX? Haven’t heard a thing from her in awhile… πŸ™
    Saddy & Newkate would have been enjoyed this…is Lubka still coming?

ilyekkakai
    Participant

Well, I will be seeing you all at DC! I will arrive on thursday , prolly at 3pm via Delta Airlines….I am staying at the Marriot Fairfield Inn….and will be there and at con till monday ….leaving at noon… My mom is coming , mainly to help with hotel bills πŸ˜‰ , Warning ,she’s gettin a con badge too , and she plans attending the hospitality mixer party! hehee. Well, I can’t wait………..looking forward to meeting everybody πŸ™‚ See, ya then!

Anonymous
    ilyekkakai wrote:

Well, I will be seeing you all at DC! I will arrive on thursday , prolly at 3pm via Delta Airlines….I am staying at the Marriot Fairfield Inn….and will be there and at con till monday ….leaving at noon…

πŸ˜€ That’s great! Did you get over to the UScon site and read all that good stuff? Don’t forget to put your name on the positively attending list!
    thefrey.com/UsCon.htm
    Also, did you register for the party on Brian Downey’s site?
    Briandowney.biz
    Any other questions, ask ’em here! πŸ˜‰ Trini

ilyekkakai
    Participant

πŸ˜€ Yes , I have tried to register for all the parties at BrianDowney’s site, I hope I was successfully registered. I have mentioned in other threads this but, I will be arriving in Atlanta on Aug. 28th at about 1:30pm… and staying at the Marriot Fairfield Inn….leaving Atlanta on the 1st of Sept. at about 2:30pm I will be wearing a Lexx UnCon 2001 T-shirt and a grin when I arrive in the big A.

Jhevz
    Participant

ilyekkakai,
    I’m sure we’ll hear about something to do with the parties soon; I think they’re just working on the list of people who’ve already signed up; but that’s just my guess.
    I’m glad your mom will be attending Friday’s party, I’ll be very happy to meet both of you there. You’ll both have a lot of fun there & if you have any questions about the con, please don’t hesitate to post it; I’m sure someone who’s been there last yr, including me, will be able to answer them.
    Take care & I’ll see you in Atlanta in August.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

BebopChic
    Participant

How far ahead in advance will we be imformed of our duties if we have signed up to work the booths and be runners?

Anonymous
    BebopChic wrote:

How far ahead in advance will we be imformed of our duties if we have signed up to work the booths and be runners?

That is one of the purposes of the friday night mixer. I imagine there will be a matrix of sorts already in place, and when you physically check in with Mothbreeder he will let you know your shift. πŸ˜‰

BebopChic
    Participant

Friday Night Mixer:

What time and where?

Anonymous
    BebopChic wrote:

Friday Night Mixer:

What time and where?

http://www.Briandowney.biz

On the mainpage click on upcoming appearances and follow the links to the Dragon Con party page. All the information is there!

mandara k
    Participant

Okey-dokey; I took a stand and bought a plane ticket yesterday on the Captain Kirk sponsored web site (priceline) so listen well my children as I spin my yarn. Argh, me matie. 😳 πŸ˜‰

There’s another pirate movie out; like those pirates man. 😈 Yeah did anyone ever see George’s Island and the big floating eyeball costume?

Well, I’ll be in Atlanta on Thursday afternoon; and staying at the Super 8 to save cash. I’m going to the Hard Rock Thursday night if anyone else is in early and wants to join me; it’s a tourist trap but it’s fun and it’s downtown. Or. hmmm…. i might try to find that bar i wanted to go to last year called Dante’s Inferno but it was moved to Buckhead. It’s old location looked cool. It was located in Underground Atlanta and the entrance looked like you were going down into the hull of a ship; you descend downward. It was kinda cool; i wonder if the new location is like that?

So if you are in early and want to meet let me know early and let me know here or we might miss each other because i don’t have a laptop or cellphone so i have no idea what’s going on when i hit Atlanta. I’m going out Thursday regardless. If you feel more comfortable just pm me here on this BB.

Or we will just see each other at the forum or at Friday’s mixer πŸ˜€

Just have a blast guys!

Anonymous

Coolness! I was hoping you’d pull thru!
    It will be just as fun as last year…just “different”, all in good ways!

ilyekkakai
    Participant

πŸ˜€ Cool, Mandara K, I am arriving thursday too at about 1:30pm I am curious what this underground is … so maybe you can show me … I will try and figure out where Hard Rock is so we can maybe meet πŸ™‚ I am going as cheap as I can too , but staying at the Marriott Fairfield with my mom πŸ™‚ The days are closer till DC..gee, and I gotta figure out what to wear πŸ™„ …Well, hope to see you there πŸ˜€

mandara k
    Participant

I’ll arrive in Atlanta about 5pm on Thursday and then after kissing the ground and bowing to the East I’ll be taking my flying carpet….. oh okay the subway or a cab to my hotel and then after a little while to freshen up I’m willing to meet anyone whose game at the Hard Rock Cafe say 7:30-8pm on Thursday. If ya want to meet at the Super 8 which is my temporary DC residence that’s fine with me; and we can walk over to the Hard Rock…. it’s a little bit of a walk but it doesn’t bother me. Or if you prefer meet us there. Sorry my LExxy clothes are packed in box on the East Coast…. so who wants to meet me at the Hard Rock will have to wear the Lexxy clothes so I will notice you ( sorry if that sounds shallow) πŸ˜›

Underground Atlanta kind of like a strip mall underground now. it’s kinda in the heart of the downtown near the CNN Center. if i get a chance on Friday after the Conbadge acquisition…. I may try to hit the Martin Luther King history spots or just nose around until the first LEXXtrack at 4. If you want to go with me to get your badge or want to make sure we get our bearings right before time I’m doing Friday morning. Time….. well ….. that is in direct correlation with the amount of kamakazi’s consumed the night before πŸ˜‰ (I’m on vacation…. for good ness sake…. I can’t behave every moment)

So them be my plans; just let mr know here if you be needin’ to hook up early or a hand at something.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi mandara k, Fellow Lexxians,
    Next week, I’ll be making my flight & hotel reservations to Atlanta, GA; I’ll let you know when I’m coming in & where I’m staying at next week. I can’t week to see you all next month; it’s only a month away.
    mandara k,
    Since I won’t know what time I’ll be in Atlanta on 8/28, I’ll have to let you know next week through PM, so I can’t make plans afterwards just yet.
    Take care & have a great Summer; see you next month. 8) πŸ™‚

Lexxians, especially Love Slaves, Unite,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

Anonymous

You dont want to go to Undergroud! Past 6 pm anyways. nasty people come out then. Not safe.

ilyekkakai
    Participant

😯 Really HDS? …how nasty of people after 6pm?

mandara k
    Participant

πŸ˜‰ My Atlanta hero!!!! Thanks HDS I’ll keep it in mind…. how about another place like Buck head is that safe after dark?

Anonymous
    ilyekkakai wrote:

😯 Really HDS? …how nasty of people after 6pm?

Nasty people? Underground?

One word: CHUD.

Jhevz
    Participant

Thanks for the great advice, HDS,
    I appreciate knowing this before making reservations next week; I’m also greatful for the helpful info, so that I can ask the hotel it they’ve got transportation to & from the airport. I’ll also let you know the info; I’ll also make sure I ask someone to walk with me after 6pm while I’m there.
    Thanks again for the info, HDS, take care & I’ll see you next month.

Lexxians, especially Love Slaves, Unite,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

MMM Twack has been added to the guest list of Dragon Con. http://www.dragoncon.com/people/mcmanum.html

Jhevz
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

MMM Twack has been added to the guest list of Dragon Con. http://www.dragoncon.com/people/mcmanum.html

Frey,
    Thanks for the web page; I’ve already took a look at it & am very excited that he’s gonna be there; now I know I can’t wait till a few weeks from now. Wow, in about 4 weeks, I’ll be attending his panel before going home; let’s all do the happy dance together. 8) πŸ˜†
    All together now: Hip hip hooray.
    Thanks again for the web site, take care & I’ll see you in a few weeks. πŸ™‚

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

ilyekkakai
    Participant

😯 πŸ˜€ ILyekkaKai does the happy dance too πŸ˜‰ Yay!!! πŸ˜€ Just 24 more days πŸ˜€

Anonymous

Have fun guys!!!

BTW TV-Guide did a small blurb on “Comic-Con” which apparantly just went down. And they made special mention of the SaveFarscape fans and how devoted they were.

The LEXX fans should be able to top that πŸ˜›

Anonymous

I didn’t think I could go, but a kind roommate and lots of scraping cash together and I’m going to be at DragonCon! Whoo!

I hope to meet lots of Lexxians and maybe some of me old Uncon buddies too πŸ™‚

I’m sharing a room at the Hyatt – anyone know how’s the ride on MARTA from the airport to there? I’ve head parts of the Atlanta train/bus system aren’t exactly safe, and I’m arriving after 9 p.m.

I notice cab fares from there are $25 at the least but maybe worth it to make sure I don’t get mugged πŸ˜‰

I thought this might be different – maybe safer since it’s a straight shot from the airport to the hotel – any opinions? Advice?

Thanks, and hope to see lots of you there!

~Starfireone

Anonymous
    ”starfireone” wrote:

I’m sharing a room at the Hyatt – anyone know how’s the ride on MARTA from the airport to there? I’ve head parts of the Atlanta train/bus system aren’t exactly safe, and I’m arriving after 9 p.m.

Put your money in your shoe or dress like a slob.

Anonymous

Yikes. I’ll be carrying my luggage though. Hmmm…maybe I’ll reconsider that train ride.

Anonymous

A lot of the big hotels like the Hyatt run shuttle buses to and from the airport. You should check with them to see if they have anything that time of night.

elmey

Jhevz
    Participant
    ”starfireone” wrote:

Yikes. I’ll be carrying my luggage though. Hmmm…maybe I’ll reconsider that train ride.

starfireone,
    I suggest you take a shuttle to the hotel; as elmey said, you might want to check & see if the Hyatt has a shuttle service to & from the airport; if they do great; if they don’t, I suggest taking an airport shuttle to the Hyatt. That’s what I’m doing even though my plane arrives in Atlanta at 7:06pm; I still want to be safe. It’s also a good idea to check before you go on your trip, in case you need to take an airport shuttle to the hotel.
    I hope this helps some & I’ll see you next week.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

No, neirther of the main hotel has a shuttle service. You can buy a ticket for a shuttle that services them. I think it is 24.00 round trip.

Anonymous

Thanks!

I really appreciate the info. I’d have to pay at least that for a one way cab ride so I’ll look into the other shuttle service.

The more I think about it I’m not comfortable with riding the train alone, carrying luggage, being so unfamiliar with the area.

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.